Used 2008 Dodge Magnum Base Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

BAD BATCH
By PEARL

2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I downgraded from a dodge ram hemi to save gas when I bought this 08 magnum that only had 12k on it. Not even a month after I bought the car, it started to shut off in the middle of driving. I took it back to the dealer about 4 times and the computer never recorded anything. They looked at me like a dumb lady and all they did was reflash the computer. The tranny makes loud clunky noises when accelerating and slowing down and it bucks when it shouldn't. Car stations change from FM to AM on it's own. The car shakes sometimes like it has a carburetor, which I know it doesn't have but I do know what it feels like when an old car wants to shut off. Maybe I got a bad car from the batch.

Favorite Features

The look of the car is my fave.

Suggested Improvements

I can't suggest anything to be improved cause my whole car needs improvement.

Crazy room, head turning, comfortable
By bbarber

2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I'm a big guy, was looking to trade out of an older SUV. I looked at so many makes and models and nothing felt right Then I test drove a Charger just for the curiosity of having a car again after years of stepping up into an SUV. The Charger was nice. Not enough room! Dealer suggested a Chrysler 300. After some research, found that the Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, and Dodge Magnum were all built at the same assembly plant in Canada. Same frame, same basic interiors. Saw a Magnum in person. The 2008 is HOT! The look is tough, the interior is comfortable and super spacious. No compromise for me! Got all the room of my old SUV, all the style of a stacked Magnum. 2.7 V6 ok mileage A+ value!

Favorite Features

Exterior is sleek and aggressive. Turns heads. Sport Wagon looks are more sport than wagon.

Suggested Improvements

I added a remote start. Wish all cars came with them installed. The front bumper has to come off to replace a headlamp. Yikes!?!

Small V-6 has plenty of getup
By wagonlover

2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had this car 2 weeks and I am pleased so far. I love the comfort and fit of the interior to my five foot frame. I should have bought one new in '08. I own 3 classic wagons with V- 8s and this six cylinder keeps me happy. The ride is smooth and sporty. The interior space is roomy and comparable with my older wagons, you don't find that much nowadays. This is a true grocery-getter.

Favorite Features

Driver's seat and roomy interior. The low profile of the roof. Tailgate opens wide.

Suggested Improvements

Too bad they aren't making it anymore.

I love this car!
By MBeeson

2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven this car for about a year now and I am so in love with it. The only con that I've found after all of this time is that the 2.7 liter v6 doesn't have the power that I'm used to. I thought that I would get used to the lack of get up and go, but I never have. That's why I'm considering trading to something different since the larger v6 in the Magnums are hard to find in my area.

Favorite Features

I love the exterior, it has an aggressive look that most cars are lacking, and did we mention the room? It has all the room of a mid size SUV with out an SUV. The interior is nice and comfy even on the base models.

Suggested Improvements

2.7 liter v6 just doesn't have the power for this size car. So if you're buying one and you're used to a larger v6 or a v8 don't go base, get the larger v6 or you'll be wanting to trade up too.

Roomy, Quiet Oasis in Traffic
By Ken

2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Being 6'4" tall, interior room is very important. I've had the Magnum since February, and at first was worried about the 2.7 L V6, but having driven it to the east coast, over the mountains, was surprised with the power of the car. Extremely quiet ride, nice stereo system. Absolutely zero build problems, no mechanical problems with the car at all. Have to join the chorus that is sorry that they are not building this car any more, really love it. Traded in a 1995 Dodge Spirit with 120K miles, this car is a whole different ride altogether. Also considered Cadillac DTS and Buick Lucerne, Magnum has a better quieter ride and is roomier.

Favorite Features

Cavernous Interior Room

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back!