2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:
Best Car I've Owned in 50 Years
By ocita on 07/26/13 12:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I special ordered my 2008 Magnum SXT for delivery in the USA while serving in, Afghanistan. It currently has 50K miles on it, most of the miles from long-distance driving. It averages about 27 mpg at 65-70 mph. Out west, at altitudes above 5,000 ft, where the speed limit is 80, the mileage jumps to 33 mpg. Most of the miles on the car have been cross country. I was stopped by a police officer only once. The officer only wanted was to know the name of the color on the car. She loved the color. This is the most comfortable riding and reliable vehicle I have owned n 50 years. The only problem I have had in 5 years was a burned-out license plate light bulb.

Not your ordinary Mommy Mobile
By kiss this on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I used to drive a Nissan quest, and I had so many issues with the darn thing, I wanted something that would give me the cargo room, without the bulkiness of an SUV. It is so reliable and at the time of purchase the car facts rated it at a 93% and I have not been disappointed. Everything about this vehicle, screams reliability, youthfulness and practicality!

BAD BATCH
By PEARL on 07/13/10 16:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I downgraded from a dodge ram hemi to save gas when I bought this 08 magnum that only had 12k on it. Not even a month after I bought the car, it started to shut off in the middle of driving. I took it back to the dealer about 4 times and the computer never recorded anything. They looked at me like a dumb lady and all they did was reflash the computer. The tranny makes loud clunky noises when accelerating and slowing down and it bucks when it shouldn't. Car stations change from FM to AM on it's own. The car shakes sometimes like it has a carburetor, which I know it doesn't have but I do know what it feels like when an old car wants to shut off. Maybe I got a bad car from the batch.

Hot Mag
By regularguy2 on 06/17/10 16:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Nice car, fast, smooth, hauls stuff & hauls! I like the power and the handling

Crazy room, head turning, comfortable
By bbarber on 05/20/10 18:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I'm a big guy, was looking to trade out of an older SUV. I looked at so many makes and models and nothing felt right Then I test drove a Charger just for the curiosity of having a car again after years of stepping up into an SUV. The Charger was nice. Not enough room! Dealer suggested a Chrysler 300. After some research, found that the Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, and Dodge Magnum were all built at the same assembly plant in Canada. Same frame, same basic interiors. Saw a Magnum in person. The 2008 is HOT! The look is tough, the interior is comfortable and super spacious. No compromise for me! Got all the room of my old SUV, all the style of a stacked Magnum. 2.7 V6 ok mileage A+ value!

Small V-6 has plenty of getup
By wagonlover on 05/14/10 01:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had this car 2 weeks and I am pleased so far. I love the comfort and fit of the interior to my five foot frame. I should have bought one new in '08. I own 3 classic wagons with V- 8s and this six cylinder keeps me happy. The ride is smooth and sporty. The interior space is roomy and comparable with my older wagons, you don't find that much nowadays. This is a true grocery-getter.

Amazing Car says Self-Proclaimed Cynic!
By alaskan skies on 04/17/10 00:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2008 SXT AWD 3.5L Dodge Magnum around the time Dodge was claiming bankruptcy - at the time I thought I was walking away with a great deal, now that I have had the car for a year I realize that this was probably the best vehicle purchase I have made, or ever will make. This car has it all. It is roomy, yet compact. It is versatile, agile, and swift on its feet. It sports an edgy masculine look as well as a classy interior design. I like its bold look and smooth drive. I purchased the 3.5 L V6 engine and I wouldn't recommend anything less than that. Overall, this is an amazing car and if you find one I'd recommend snapping it up.

I love this car!
By MBeeson on 03/24/10 05:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven this car for about a year now and I am so in love with it. The only con that I've found after all of this time is that the 2.7 liter v6 doesn't have the power that I'm used to. I thought that I would get used to the lack of get up and go, but I never have. That's why I'm considering trading to something different since the larger v6 in the Magnums are hard to find in my area.

Seduced by style....
By Waggineer on 01/27/10 08:51 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased an 8 month old Magnum SXT with well less than 10K on the clock. I fell in love with the looks of the car and the roominess and cargo hauling capability. The car has a good, solid highway ride and decent handling for a large car. The downside has been very spotty quality. Issues have included a new torque converter at 9K, leaky rear diff at 12K, an annoying squeak in the rear of the cabin that the dealer has "fixed" 3 times, and a very "clunky" 4 speed tranny. The visibility is really annoying as well. While I really like the car I'm wondering about the long term reliability given the big ticket warranty repairs I've needed.

Great purchase - would buy another!
By NJBloke on 09/29/09 08:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2008 certified pre-owned Dodge Magnum SXT (silver/black) three months ago and love it. I needed space for a part-time business (photography) and did not want an SUV/crossover. This vehicle drives like a car and has more space and style then any mid-sized SUV on the road. The '08's are relatively rare as they have a redesigned front facia as well as interior (higher-end soft touch plastics, nicer center console, etc.). If you can find a CPO SXT with low miles for a reasonable price- grab it! I searched for 3 months and stole mine; it had 16K miles on it and I bought for $12,800. I plan on keeping this as a second car for years to come.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Dodge Magnum Wagon in VA is:

$153 per month*