2008 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:
BAD BATCH
By PEARL on 07/13/10 16:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Magnum 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I downgraded from a dodge ram hemi to save gas when I bought this 08 magnum that only had 12k on it. Not even a month after I bought the car, it started to shut off in the middle of driving. I took it back to the dealer about 4 times and the computer never recorded anything. They looked at me like a dumb lady and all they did was reflash the computer. The tranny makes loud clunky noises when accelerating and slowing down and it bucks when it shouldn't. Car stations change from FM to AM on it's own. The car shakes sometimes like it has a carburetor, which I know it doesn't have but I do know what it feels like when an old car wants to shut off. Maybe I got a bad car from the batch.

Crazy room, head turning, comfortable
By bbarber on 05/20/10 18:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Magnum 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I'm a big guy, was looking to trade out of an older SUV. I looked at so many makes and models and nothing felt right Then I test drove a Charger just for the curiosity of having a car again after years of stepping up into an SUV. The Charger was nice. Not enough room! Dealer suggested a Chrysler 300. After some research, found that the Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, and Dodge Magnum were all built at the same assembly plant in Canada. Same frame, same basic interiors. Saw a Magnum in person. The 2008 is HOT! The look is tough, the interior is comfortable and super spacious. No compromise for me! Got all the room of my old SUV, all the style of a stacked Magnum. 2.7 V6 ok mileage A+ value!

Small V-6 has plenty of getup
By wagonlover on 05/14/10 01:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Magnum 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had this car 2 weeks and I am pleased so far. I love the comfort and fit of the interior to my five foot frame. I should have bought one new in '08. I own 3 classic wagons with V- 8s and this six cylinder keeps me happy. The ride is smooth and sporty. The interior space is roomy and comparable with my older wagons, you don't find that much nowadays. This is a true grocery-getter.

I love this car!
By MBeeson on 03/24/10 05:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Magnum 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven this car for about a year now and I am so in love with it. The only con that I've found after all of this time is that the 2.7 liter v6 doesn't have the power that I'm used to. I thought that I would get used to the lack of get up and go, but I never have. That's why I'm considering trading to something different since the larger v6 in the Magnums are hard to find in my area.

Roomy, Quiet Oasis in Traffic
By Ken on 10/08/08 14:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Magnum 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Being 6'4" tall, interior room is very important. I've had the Magnum since February, and at first was worried about the 2.7 L V6, but having driven it to the east coast, over the mountains, was surprised with the power of the car. Extremely quiet ride, nice stereo system. Absolutely zero build problems, no mechanical problems with the car at all. Have to join the chorus that is sorry that they are not building this car any more, really love it. Traded in a 1995 Dodge Spirit with 120K miles, this car is a whole different ride altogether. Also considered Cadillac DTS and Buick Lucerne, Magnum has a better quieter ride and is roomier.

Suprised
By Pleased on 02/03/08 14:08 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Magnum 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I thought I would not like the base Magnum SE with the 2.7L engine, I was wrong. The base engine has plenty of power for my needs. Have you mind, if you're in it for power, then go for the 3.5 or the HEMI. My whole reason for buying is, comfort and gas mileage. I strongly believe that the Magnum SE for me is the best bang for the buck. It's a lot more comfortable than than the Charger SE. One other thing, it comes with a lifetime powertrain. So what if the motor or trans goes out while you own it, just get it replaced for free. Go test drive the 2.7L and you'll be surprised.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.