Used 2008 Dodge Magnum Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

Best Car I've Owned in 50 Years
By ocita

2008 Dodge Magnum SXT 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I special ordered my 2008 Magnum SXT for delivery in the USA while serving in, Afghanistan. It currently has 50K miles on it, most of the miles from long-distance driving. It averages about 27 mpg at 65-70 mph. Out west, at altitudes above 5,000 ft, where the speed limit is 80, the mileage jumps to 33 mpg. Most of the miles on the car have been cross country. I was stopped by a police officer only once. The officer only wanted was to know the name of the color on the car. She loved the color. This is the most comfortable riding and reliable vehicle I have owned n 50 years. The only problem I have had in 5 years was a burned-out license plate light bulb.

The SXT had most of the features I wanted as standard and just added the MyGig sound/GPS system, all-leather interior, 18" wheels, steel blue paint and some other nice little options. What I like most about it is its drivability, performance, handling, comfort, quietness and overall quality. I like being able to load all my favorite music CDs into the hard drive of the MyGig sound system. The MyGig sound quality is amazing.

Restart manufacture of the Magnum

Not your ordinary Mommy Mobile
By kiss this

2008 Dodge Magnum SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I used to drive a Nissan quest, and I had so many issues with the darn thing, I wanted something that would give me the cargo room, without the bulkiness of an SUV. It is so reliable and at the time of purchase the car facts rated it at a 93% and I have not been disappointed. Everything about this vehicle, screams reliability, youthfulness and practicality!

The Body itself, it's sleek, sexy, and youthful. The engine is wonderful, the space in it of itself is awesome and the vehicle has been nothing but reliable.

The only improvements, I made where a larger system, and new rims, and tires, exhaust, things that are not factory issued.

BAD BATCH
By PEARL

2008 Dodge Magnum 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I downgraded from a dodge ram hemi to save gas when I bought this 08 magnum that only had 12k on it. Not even a month after I bought the car, it started to shut off in the middle of driving. I took it back to the dealer about 4 times and the computer never recorded anything. They looked at me like a dumb lady and all they did was reflash the computer. The tranny makes loud clunky noises when accelerating and slowing down and it bucks when it shouldn't. Car stations change from FM to AM on it's own. The car shakes sometimes like it has a carburetor, which I know it doesn't have but I do know what it feels like when an old car wants to shut off. Maybe I got a bad car from the batch.

The look of the car is my fave.

I can't suggest anything to be improved cause my whole car needs improvement.

Hot Mag
By regularguy2

2008 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Nice car, fast, smooth, hauls stuff & hauls! I like the power and the handling

motor

interior

Crazy room, head turning, comfortable
By bbarber

2008 Dodge Magnum 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I'm a big guy, was looking to trade out of an older SUV. I looked at so many makes and models and nothing felt right Then I test drove a Charger just for the curiosity of having a car again after years of stepping up into an SUV. The Charger was nice. Not enough room! Dealer suggested a Chrysler 300. After some research, found that the Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, and Dodge Magnum were all built at the same assembly plant in Canada. Same frame, same basic interiors. Saw a Magnum in person. The 2008 is HOT! The look is tough, the interior is comfortable and super spacious. No compromise for me! Got all the room of my old SUV, all the style of a stacked Magnum. 2.7 V6 ok mileage A+ value!

Exterior is sleek and aggressive. Turns heads. Sport Wagon looks are more sport than wagon.

I added a remote start. Wish all cars came with them installed. The front bumper has to come off to replace a headlamp. Yikes!?!