Want-to-be Muscle Car!
By JMV on
2007 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
Very attractive body style! My RT has 18s, nothing special, but I do plan on getting better performance tires and wheels after my first year with the car (8.08). Agree with some of the past comments about interior design, could've done better, especially that cruise control stick on the left. Had to add Navigational/6-CD, and BlueTooth for convenience; could use audio controls on the steering wheel (another option = $$). Blind spots can be trick at times, but when driving defensively, not that big of a problem! But still a problem. Brakes now beginning to squeak at 10K, need to have them checked out at next service.
Favorite Features
Favorite: the 5.7L Hemi! Good acceleration when needed. Comfortable ride on short and long trips. Driving to Vegas from L.A. was a breeze. Gas mileage was just O.K., but now at almost $4/gallon, driving becomes more expensive in this car!
Suggested Improvements
RT (and SRT8) are "want-to-be" muscle cars! All these vehicles NEED a MANUAL transmission! 5-speed at least, not these wimpy "auto-sticks". Too much engine to control for the auto-stick. If the car had a manual transmission, I would be completely satisfied with my RT, a classy muscle car!