Dodge Salesrep's Review
By Louis in Louisiana on
2007 Dodge Magnum SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I worked @ the dealership for 14mos. and drove all models available from SE to SRT. The 2.7L V6 in the SE just isn't powerful enough for a 4000 lb car, especially in steep climbs, and it dosen't have ESP like the SXT and higher models. I purchased my SXT, because the 3.5 L V6 has a very good track record of reliability and I could not afford the RT at the time. If you can afford the RT, GET IT instead of the SXT! If you can't, the SXT has most of the base features the RT has, including the 5 speed autostick trans. Use a high grade motor oil, I use CASTROL GTX or SYNTEC and have noticed an increased gas mileage of almost 5 mi./ gal. Some recalls exist, get them executed ASAP! Nice car!
Favorite Features
Performance and handling, especially with Electronic Stability Program in bad weather. ESP is designed to turn off the cruise control and cut down on the throttle if the driver is going too fast in a really bad weather situation. I'm sure it has already saved my life twice! It's fun, and safe!
Suggested Improvements
Interior does look pretty plain. The cockpit is basically identical to the Charger. If Dodge put in a 6-speed stick with a performance clutch, they could re-introduce the Magnum and sell MANY more Chargers as well!