Used 2007 Dodge Magnum Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

powerful reliable workhorse
By dogmanosu

2007 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've already put 50000 miles on this awesome machine, and it still drives like it's brand new. My dogs like the cargo space, my family loves the ample leather space inside. I feel like this car is just going to go on forever, like an old pickup truck would. I think the hemi, and the heavy duty transmission are unstoppable.

Very solid feel. Excellent on bad weather. Safety of a wagon for my children, yet still has muscle.

original tires were horrible (Cooper) and cost 700 to replace after 35000 miles. The back end does not look nearly as good as the front end. Cooler sounding exhaust note, chrome wheels.

Dodge Salesrep's Review
By Louis in Louisiana

2007 Dodge Magnum SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I worked @ the dealership for 14mos. and drove all models available from SE to SRT. The 2.7L V6 in the SE just isn't powerful enough for a 4000 lb car, especially in steep climbs, and it dosen't have ESP like the SXT and higher models. I purchased my SXT, because the 3.5 L V6 has a very good track record of reliability and I could not afford the RT at the time. If you can afford the RT, GET IT instead of the SXT! If you can't, the SXT has most of the base features the RT has, including the 5 speed autostick trans. Use a high grade motor oil, I use CASTROL GTX or SYNTEC and have noticed an increased gas mileage of almost 5 mi./ gal. Some recalls exist, get them executed ASAP! Nice car!

Performance and handling, especially with Electronic Stability Program in bad weather. ESP is designed to turn off the cruise control and cut down on the throttle if the driver is going too fast in a really bad weather situation. I'm sure it has already saved my life twice! It's fun, and safe!

Interior does look pretty plain. The cockpit is basically identical to the Charger. If Dodge put in a 6-speed stick with a performance clutch, they could re-introduce the Magnum and sell MANY more Chargers as well!

Engine
By herve

2007 Dodge Magnum SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Station Wagon on steroid, fun to drive with enough power on Hwy and city. Very good AWD. But.... I had to bring the vehicle twice to Dodge for engine failure. First time one of my valve broke, second time, the engine stall, the warning light stays on and ... still waiting for teh results. Not a reliable car

Love my car
By minesarotty

2007 Dodge Magnum SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was a 4wd driver for over 20yrs and decided because I live closer to work now and mileage is more of a concern I traded my 2005 silverado with all the toys and whistles in on my magnum. It handles like a dream. I have already gotten my very first speeding ticket (at age 51) as it goes quick a little too easy. I am not used to a lower profile and taking curves in the road is fun but it is great and the mileage is great too. The interior is a little lacking on mine but I don't spend that much time in it so it isn't a big deal. The stereo is better than I thought and it seems to be reliable so far. Over all I like my "car".

Greatest feature besides looking snooty is the way it curves, I just can't get enuf of going around bends in the road and where I live there are plenty.

Put a decent interior in this car, even the lesser models. Stains so easy and looks cheesy. Not enuf fun things to put on it to dress it up but a few pieces of stick on chrome and grill replacements. How about making a visor and bug deflector for this?

Shiny Red Super Stock Dodge
By Mike_M

2007 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned a lot of cars from muscle cars to high-end european and this car is the absolute best buy ever. The performance, handling, looks and capacity are all incredible for the price (paid $25K with 8000 miles on it). I have spent many hours driving over mountain passes and interstates in horrible winter weather and this baby is rock solid. Maybe it's the Mercedes all wheel drive.

Looks, performance, bad-weather handling.

Improved interior controls and door panels.