Used 2007 Dodge Magnum SXT Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Magnum Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

Luv my Maggie
By Ray

2007 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the way it drives, very fun vehicle. Comfortable like none I've ever had.

Exterior look, and comfort.

Bring it back, maybe more bells and whistles on the dash would be nice.

My RED Magnum!
By My RED Magnum!

2007 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I Love my Magnum! It is great in the winter w/ the autostick and the gas mileage is not that bad either. Very roomy, much better w/ children than a CUV or Minivan! :0)

Great car if you have a warranty!
By Jim

2007 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When I sold my business after 27 years I treated my self to my second new car, ever. I loved it until 48 hours later when the engine knocked like heck during warm up. I was told it might go away. 14k later a new short block was in stalled. A trans recall for reprogramming, brakes warped, tie rod ends came loose, both tail lenses fogged up, the clear coat on the wheels peeled in 6k from rusty rotors,rear speakers buzz even on low volume, u-connect works less than half the time but only while answering the phone. (you get a call, you push the button, it tells you your phone is unavailable!)Frustrating!. SYNC in my wife's ford works much better. I wanted to buy American and still glad I did.

Warranty, I purchased for 1300, a lifetime warranty on everything but Glass, and maintenance items. Now that so many bugs are being worked out I feel much better about this car.If they don't go bankrupt I'll still have a warranty. Its a shame because everything others say good about this car I love.

QUALITY & REFINEMENT are words that are "foreign" to Dodge. If they ever build a car as good as it looks they would be a great company. I was in the auto repair business for 27 years and would not buy this car with out a great warranty. Purchased two American cars in 07 and 08. The ford was fine.

Dodge Salesrep's Review
By Louis in Louisiana

2007 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I worked @ the dealership for 14mos. and drove all models available from SE to SRT. The 2.7L V6 in the SE just isn't powerful enough for a 4000 lb car, especially in steep climbs, and it dosen't have ESP like the SXT and higher models. I purchased my SXT, because the 3.5 L V6 has a very good track record of reliability and I could not afford the RT at the time. If you can afford the RT, GET IT instead of the SXT! If you can't, the SXT has most of the base features the RT has, including the 5 speed autostick trans. Use a high grade motor oil, I use CASTROL GTX or SYNTEC and have noticed an increased gas mileage of almost 5 mi./ gal. Some recalls exist, get them executed ASAP! Nice car!

Performance and handling, especially with Electronic Stability Program in bad weather. ESP is designed to turn off the cruise control and cut down on the throttle if the driver is going too fast in a really bad weather situation. I'm sure it has already saved my life twice! It's fun, and safe!

Interior does look pretty plain. The cockpit is basically identical to the Charger. If Dodge put in a 6-speed stick with a performance clutch, they could re-introduce the Magnum and sell MANY more Chargers as well!

Engine
By herve

2007 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Station Wagon on steroid, fun to drive with enough power on Hwy and city. Very good AWD. But.... I had to bring the vehicle twice to Dodge for engine failure. First time one of my valve broke, second time, the engine stall, the warning light stays on and ... still waiting for teh results. Not a reliable car