Used 2007 Dodge Magnum Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Magnum

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

Luv my Maggie
By Ray

2007 Dodge Magnum SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the way it drives, very fun vehicle. Comfortable like none I've ever had.

Favorite Features

Exterior look, and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back, maybe more bells and whistles on the dash would be nice.

Love My Silver Bullet!
By Bandwagon

2007 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Got my '07 Magnum R/T in Sept. '10 with only 11,700 miles on it...NICE! Like a brand-new car; flawless in and out. Runs like a scalded dog when I hop on the gas, and cruises nicely at both low and high speeds. Love it on the highway, love it on the country roads I drive 55 miles one way to work each day. Looks killer, nice rumble coming out of the pipes. I scored with a low-mileage car that had a great option package. The stereo is fantastic. Not as much space to haul my drums as my Buick LeSabre had, but I make do. My last three GM cars went over 255,000 miles, let's see how long this Dodge lasts. Wish it had a stick shift! This car is definitely a Big Dog even with an automatic. Lovin' it!

Favorite Features

Love the looks, driver's leg room, dash layout, options package. Great visibility even with the high belt-line of the doors and rear hatch. Nice acceleration, great breaks. The stereo rules! Like the hatchback approach rather than a tailgate. Nice job by Dodge, except when they canceled the program.

Suggested Improvements

A stick shift with the 6-speed Challenger tranny would be completely awesome! Wish the wheel lowered a little further, as I am so tall I need to sit all the way down to the floor to avoid the sun roof liner with my head. Wish the rear cargo area was a wee bit wider (used to the Buick's huge trunk).

My RED Magnum!
By My RED Magnum!

2007 Dodge Magnum SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I Love my Magnum! It is great in the winter w/ the autostick and the gas mileage is not that bad either. Very roomy, much better w/ children than a CUV or Minivan! :0)

Great car if you have a warranty!
By Jim

2007 Dodge Magnum SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When I sold my business after 27 years I treated my self to my second new car, ever. I loved it until 48 hours later when the engine knocked like heck during warm up. I was told it might go away. 14k later a new short block was in stalled. A trans recall for reprogramming, brakes warped, tie rod ends came loose, both tail lenses fogged up, the clear coat on the wheels peeled in 6k from rusty rotors,rear speakers buzz even on low volume, u-connect works less than half the time but only while answering the phone. (you get a call, you push the button, it tells you your phone is unavailable!)Frustrating!. SYNC in my wife's ford works much better. I wanted to buy American and still glad I did.

Favorite Features

Warranty, I purchased for 1300, a lifetime warranty on everything but Glass, and maintenance items. Now that so many bugs are being worked out I feel much better about this car.If they don't go bankrupt I'll still have a warranty. Its a shame because everything others say good about this car I love.

Suggested Improvements

QUALITY & REFINEMENT are words that are "foreign" to Dodge. If they ever build a car as good as it looks they would be a great company. I was in the auto repair business for 27 years and would not buy this car with out a great warranty. Purchased two American cars in 07 and 08. The ford was fine.

Bring back the Magnum
By Stephen

2007 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

If you are looking for a slightly used cross over, I highly recommend the Dodge Magnum instead. First Dodge I've owned, and I love it! Fantastic alternative to those boring CUVs. I drove Jeeps for 12 years (last 3 was a Commander), and wanted something better on gas, but more fun on the road. The Magnum has a deeper cargo area than our Nissan Murano ('07 SL), costs less, and is 100% more fun to drive. My wife discovered this, too and now I have to hide the keys to the Magnum. My daughter is 3, but already demands "HEMI". RT package is excellent, the torque from the HEMI is intense, but refined and smooth at normal speeds. Visibility is perfect with an aftermarket rear view mirror.

Favorite Features

Totally unique. Reminds me of an old school muscle car. Incredible power and handling given the weight. Smooth ride, but not a floating couch like a full size SUV. I'm 6'3" and can't believe the passenger room. It handles as well as my '01 Maxima did, but is larger, more stable and a bit faster!

Suggested Improvements

Interior/dash is a bit plain but who cares.