SRT8 Power House
By William Miller on
2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
I first owned a 2005 SXT Magnum, black w/tinted windows and 17" alloy rims, I loved that car. My daughter said it looked like a hearse. It could have been an instant muscle car but the 3.5 L V6 just didn't have it.I mean the 3.5 is a great motor just not the Horse power I wanted. So I bought a 2006 SRT8 w/ the 6.1 L Hemi. Wow! It's balck just like the one before and a whole lot faster. The power is almost unbelivable between the two. I miss the all leather seats and moon roof the SXT had. The 20" rims make for a little more bumpy ride but the handling is superior. Lots of power and good looks!It's what I wanted when I bought my first Magnum.
Favorite Features
The performance of this car is unmatched at least until the Challenger hits the street. The looks, the power, the wheels, tires and suspension. The engineers really tied it all together with this one. Instant muscle car classic!
Suggested Improvements
The feel of tire hop while backing up was a little alarming at first and still makes me wonder if everything is still tight in the front end. But I have been assured by the dealership service center that the 20" rims and wide tires are the cause of this "hop".