One of the best cars I've ever had
By firetech on
2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
I needed to replace my aging and worn out Volvo 850 wagon. We are a family of 5 including two teenagers, one who is 6 feet tall. I needed a roomy car, that actually had legroom in the rear seat for my son. Short of buying a limo the Dodge LX cars are one of the only ones that fit the bill. I also wanted power and safety in the way of front and side air bags, trac control etc, etc. This car has it all in spades. I set out to but the 6cyl SXT but couldn't pass up the R/T when it crossed my tracks. If you are sensible on the throttle the R/T's fuel mileage is almost as good as the 3.5 SXT. My advice is if you have a choice, buy the R/T with the 5.7, it's way more fun and still decent on fuel.
Favorite Features
The look. I've never had so many comments on any other car I've owned, even the local teens think it's cool. Hello it's a wagon!!! The Hemi power and the AWD. We have very harsh winters here, the AWD and snow tires turn this thing into an unstoppable tank! Driving this car just makes you feel safe!
Suggested Improvements
The interior is a little bland, however it is starting to grow on me. I would also like more feed back from the dash, eg when the MDS system is active or not, the vital engine gauges should be displayed all the time (currently you can scroll through oil press, coolant temp etc one at at time)