2006 Dodge Magnum Consumer Review: Magnum RI

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon - Consumer Review

Magnum RI
By Rick on

2006 Dodge Magnum SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

There is no better way to say this: I have never been happier with any car (and I've had quite a number of them) than I am with my Magnum SXT AWD. I chose the 3.5L V-6 because 250 HP is a lot of power, no matter how you cut it. The AWD keeps the wheels firmly planted. I corner hard, and this thing hasn't even squealed the tires a bit. So far, I'm averaging 17.5-19.0 mpg, combined, and driving habits give you the predictable results in that area. Style: this car has it in abundance. It rides like a dream, courtsey the chassis and tranny from the Mercedes E- class underneath. Interior is beautiful, elegant, with a touch of attitude. I've never been happier with any car, ever.

Fav? Torn between the sun/moonroof and the AWD. The AWD grips like the tires are made of glue, and never lets up. It is a thrill to drive, and the 250 HP 3.5L V-6 is a blast and compliments the car well. The car gets lots of attention, and the "Wow-whuzzat?" factor from other drivers is high.

The mileage (above) is a bit lower than expected, but worth it. The cruise control stick is akward to use. I frequently hit the turn signal when going for the CC. The full-blown trip computer should come standard. The center console opens to the rear, but to the side would be better.