2006 Dodge Magnum Consumer Review: I Like it!

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon - Consumer Review

I Like it!
By Bearing Rep on

2006 Dodge Magnum SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have been watching the Magnum for some time now and have been so impressed. It was recently offered as a choice for our company vehicle, so I had to get it. I love the looks, room, quiet ride, and handling. I am at an age, with two kids and a business, that I need the wagon, but really do not want to drive "my Fathers Oldsmoblie"! Since mine is an SE (fleet car), I had no choice but to accept the 2.7 eng. It is adequate, but weak. The 3.5 should be the minimum engine for this size of car. Traction control and ABS was added. I run 35K business miles per year, plus personal miles and this car is fun and nice to drive. Overall, I love it, but wish that it had a bigger power plant.

It amazes me how many heads this thing turns, particularly while sitting at a stop light. Considering the purchase price of the vehicle, I am surprised that this thing is so smooth and quiet! The ride and handling are great! 2 thumbs up on the sound quality of the stereo.

Drop the 2.7L engine from the offering. The car is too heavy for a 190 HP engine. The 2.7L, while OK, is weak. You really have to push the 2.7L to get things moving. Cruise control is in a weird place, but you get used to it quickly.