Used 2006 Dodge Magnum Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Magnum

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

SRT-8 Automotive Art
By NICK PROSCIA

2006 Dodge Magnum SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I first saw the SRT-8 at the International car show when it was just a concept. At the time, I told my wife that if they build it I want it. I first test drove it July of 2006 and fell in love. I have been a GM person my whole life, but things were about to change. I have owned 24 cars from classic Impalas, Corvettes, Camaros and list goes on. I actually traded a 1996 Impala SS for the SRT-8. There is nothing bad at all to say about this car. Styling, comfort, and oh yeah, performance like you never had. I can carry my family of five around, or pick up a TV and still lay rubber like I was in a sports car. Cold air induction and a catback exhaust is now on order. Can never have too much power.

Favorite Features

Turn off the ESP and use the SEQ shifter and you will feel the true powerband of this Hemi!

Suggested Improvements

Louder exhaust

SRTGreat
By trotime

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I tracked the SRT8 Magnum since it was first shown and then in to production. Since my wife has a R/T Magnum, when I could get an SRT8 there was no hesitation. It is quick, I have out performed many much higher priced cars, walked away from a M5, X5 and other hi pro cars. The car is a natural street "looker" and is well liked by "car people". The Red Pearl color is perfect and reinforces the design and general performance stance. I think Dodge has a winner here and every day I drive it I like it more. No matter what my mood, it gets better when I fire up the 6.1 Hemi. The only thing I would change is to make the exhaust "growl" more at idle and normal low end driving.

Favorite Features

Power, looks, seats, color and, in general, the "bad boy" street look. All the rest is icing on the cake, its a winner.

Suggested Improvements

More growl to the exhaust when not in full power. Hood scoop like the Charger as long as it is functional.

Nice Wagon
By Rollin

2006 Dodge Magnum SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Black metallic with blacked out windows looks cool. Nice bark from the 3.5L V-6 (don't bother with the 2.7 rental car engine, get the 3.5 or the V8 Hemi). Excellent highway handling. Great seating even in mid grade SXT. Quiet. Solid feeling construction. Cool interior.

Favorite Features

Solid feel, good road car, good power with 3.5L V-6, reasonable fuel economy, looks cool. Excellent seating.

Suggested Improvements

Turn signals easy to confuse with the weird cruise control stalk. Counter-intuitive cruise control settings. Sun visors difficult to position at side windows to block sun due to visor shape/small windows.

Needs Subtle Changes
By Jim Farmer

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

The SRT8 Magnum is a thrill to drive and brings back muscle car excitment! As your heartbeat increases and your palms get moist, you accelerate from a complete stop, the G-forces press you into the seat and you smile as the speedometer eclipses the century mark in under 13 seconds. The highly bolstered seat holds you comfortably in place as you execute corners like you're glued to the road. This automobile is also practical because you can take along three passengers and their luggage with ease. I would recommend you at least test drive a SRT8 vehicle before you buy anything else!

Favorite Features

Most notable features power, handling, and stopping capabilities. The interior is functional and well laid out. The seats are comfortable and meet the need when negotiating corners or running the quarter mile. The auto- manual transmission is a necessary additive to the overall fun when in a SRT8.

Suggested Improvements

Better brakes! Improved pad materials and larger crossed drilled rotors. A sixth gear would be a nice addition and improve drivability. Increase the size of the gas tank from 17 gallons to 25 gallons.

Family mans sprts car
By lovemesomesrt8

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

When you need a car that can haul and haul your stuff this is it. A true sleeper. I stepped up from a SRT4 and never looked back. If only it had the 300C interior and a bigger rumble out the exhaust. You have to go with black as your color choice. It looks so mean in black. Uses a lot of gas but what 6.1L station wagon doesn't? Ride is smooth and seats are great for long trips. Easy to drive with a great turn radius. U-turns are a breeze. Stops on a dime and handles better than most cars on the road. If you can afford a SRT8 go for it.

Favorite Features

Engine, wheels, SRT option one, seats

Suggested Improvements

Spruce up the dash, less brake dust