Used 2006 Dodge Magnum Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

Top Notch
By HammerMaster

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Mercedes Benz based 4-matic is amazing. I will never drive another car without it. Wet weather traction like i have never seen before. All this on top of 340HP! Styling speaks for itself. Love it or hate it. Interior is huge. Turning radius is great for such a huge car. Speed, well there are cars that are faster but I dare them to do it in such a good looking car or loaded up with 5 people and groceries and still have power. Eat that import lovers. My only minor want is at $34k why could I not get the auto turning mirrors when the car is off like its German cousin. All together, I don't think you could get all the things this car offers from anyone else at the price its offered.

Hemi coupled with the 4-matic. Economy for the engine size. Beating it up around town I get between 8 and 13 mpg. Highway I can get as good as an even 20mpg. As far as the 4-matic nothing can break the grip it offers.

Maybe offer a bottom half plastic deal. It may not be pretty but here in the northeast winter driving, all that ice come up and hits the panels. Crazy right? If someone could figure out how to force MDS. Days that you are just feeling like not paying for gas.

50000 and going
By Dave

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

16 months and over 55,000 miles, what you have is the very good, and the very bad. First the good, power, space for my big frame 6'3", 280lbs, and lots of boxes. Nice, but not overwhelming interior, nav, heated seats, adjustable pedals, all the good stuff. Now the bad, horrible dealer service, makes me want to go back to Toyotas, and Hondas. Priced the 60,000 service one dealer wanted $850.00, another wanted $470.00. I've had a thumping noise in the right front since 21,000 miles, been to the dealer 4 times they can't find it.Serveral rattles, in the dash, and hatch. I will not buy another Dodge simply because of the dealer service.

Power, looks, comfort. Features like nav, and the space I need without having to get a huge SUV.

Quality. Improve dealer service, simply the worst ever.

SRT-8 Automotive Art
By NICK PROSCIA

2006 Dodge Magnum SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I first saw the SRT-8 at the International car show when it was just a concept. At the time, I told my wife that if they build it I want it. I first test drove it July of 2006 and fell in love. I have been a GM person my whole life, but things were about to change. I have owned 24 cars from classic Impalas, Corvettes, Camaros and list goes on. I actually traded a 1996 Impala SS for the SRT-8. There is nothing bad at all to say about this car. Styling, comfort, and oh yeah, performance like you never had. I can carry my family of five around, or pick up a TV and still lay rubber like I was in a sports car. Cold air induction and a catback exhaust is now on order. Can never have too much power.

Turn off the ESP and use the SEQ shifter and you will feel the true powerband of this Hemi!

Louder exhaust

SRTGreat
By trotime

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I tracked the SRT8 Magnum since it was first shown and then in to production. Since my wife has a R/T Magnum, when I could get an SRT8 there was no hesitation. It is quick, I have out performed many much higher priced cars, walked away from a M5, X5 and other hi pro cars. The car is a natural street "looker" and is well liked by "car people". The Red Pearl color is perfect and reinforces the design and general performance stance. I think Dodge has a winner here and every day I drive it I like it more. No matter what my mood, it gets better when I fire up the 6.1 Hemi. The only thing I would change is to make the exhaust "growl" more at idle and normal low end driving.

Power, looks, seats, color and, in general, the "bad boy" street look. All the rest is icing on the cake, its a winner.

More growl to the exhaust when not in full power. Hood scoop like the Charger as long as it is functional.

Nice Wagon
By Rollin

2006 Dodge Magnum SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Black metallic with blacked out windows looks cool. Nice bark from the 3.5L V-6 (don't bother with the 2.7 rental car engine, get the 3.5 or the V8 Hemi). Excellent highway handling. Great seating even in mid grade SXT. Quiet. Solid feeling construction. Cool interior.

Solid feel, good road car, good power with 3.5L V-6, reasonable fuel economy, looks cool. Excellent seating.

Turn signals easy to confuse with the weird cruise control stalk. Counter-intuitive cruise control settings. Sun visors difficult to position at side windows to block sun due to visor shape/small windows.