2006 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:
WOW American Muscle Returns
By hemimagnum on 03/27/06 06:28 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This car is unbelievable. It has room for the family and to haul different odds and ends. Even with 425 horses I have been getting 17-18mpg around and about town along with an occasaional jaunt on the thruway. But don't let me kid you, if you don't keep your foot out of it, which can be hard with the sensation you get when the motor starts to open up, the mileage will drop in a hurry. This car is almost too nice to drive on a daily basis. But what the heck, enjoy it. You only live once.

Estate Car
By Crosbeian on 03/20/06 20:26 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This was my one and only chance to avoid a mini van or the absurd badly built and ill concieved SUV. It basically does the job, looks the dogs, drives as if on rails and is very solid. Gas mileage OK. All sorts of folks still stop and stare at it and ask about it. You can forget about the baby seat in the back driving this. They need to sell a aftermarket kit to unpimp this ride. The traction in the snow was ok, even without chains

Wow
By hemi58 on 03/17/06 15:50 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This car is unbelievable. Great performance and mpg isn't all that bad 18.5 average. I only got 23 on my Accord and I haven't had to take it into the dealer for any of the usual "new car" problems-this is my 2nd Magnum-1st was and R/T-plus I don't know what all the hubbub is about w/ the Asian cars I had two and they both left me stranded and unsure if they would start. Thanks but I’ll stick w/ the GM Ford & Chrysler that always seem to get knocked for fit and finish. Everyone I’ve had I put minimum of 150,000 miles and w/ no trouble other than the usual wear items-LOF battery brakes.

Bold and Aggressive
By K. HARRIS on 03/10/06 08:47 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned the car for two months now and I am loving it. The ride is comfortable the interior is roomy, handling is great and it gives you that SUV feel.

Fast and furious. Way too much power
By vinny on 02/08/06 00:47 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

When I first got the vehicle I though about how much I would be paying at the pump but when I got the feel for the car it amazed me how much power it had under the hood. The car really moves it has a lot of power and once you start pressing the pedal it ask for more speed. You’re saying to yourself that’s enough, but no, the hemi engine won’t stop revving until you press the brake. It has so much power it should be illegal to drive. The g-force just rocks your head to the back of your seat. Hold on tight to the steering wheel because the hemi will take over. But you will visit the pump soon.

Not your average wagon
By rick on 01/28/06 06:57 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Dodge didn't waste any money on bling bling here. Everything you need is covered, but the magic is underneath. The motor is a split personality crazy man. quiet and smooth when you need it to be. Step on the pedal and you are in another dimension. Amazing torque and acceleration(especially for a heavy car). Handles tight and the SRT8 seats are perfection. If you crave attention buy another car- although this car gets a knowing glance from anyone who understands Dodge's secret society. Generally you get the glance as you blast past them on straight AND twisty roads. Outward vision isn't great but you gain confidence in your mirrors after awhile. Build quality so far is excellent. Rock on

Mommy's Car
By Mary-Anne on 01/26/06 19:44 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for 9 months now. I ordered in January of last year wanting the best hot rod that I could get for my money. What a dream! It goes like stink, looks like nothing else on the road and feels like a Mercedes inside. All of my other cars have been Chryslers except for one foray into the Jetta Wagon TDI. This car tops everything combining the rush of our 600+HP Valiant race car with the luxury of our 73 New Yorker Brougham It handles whether it's on ice or gravel, and keeps me comfortable at all times. Once in a blue moon, I even let my husband drive it. I thought of trading it on the SRT8 until I realized that then I'd have to put it away for the winter. Not a chance!

2006 Dodge Magnum RT
By Jessicana on 01/08/06 19:56 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Stunningly elegant vehicle with an aggressive, no-nonsense attitude. Buy the V-8 only: the V-6 is just too frivolous for this big a wagon.

Lemon
By Bjorn on 12/23/05 00:58 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

My SRT my car has spent more time in the shop than on the road. Dodge can not figure out why it won't start, they'll get it running then suddenly it wont start again. Handled and performs great when it runs. Being returned under the lemon law and no, I will not get another.

Great Fuel Mileage
By Perry Greene on 12/18/05 14:37 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The fuel mileage has been great. I'm getting around 26.5, about any way I drive it. I usually carry weight in back (books). I do Vocational Sales. It really gets the looks and the students like it. Always getting great comments about appearance,or saying, "that thang got a Hemi?" I think my next will be a Hemi, just for the bragging rights. I really enjoy driving it. The 2.7 is getting great economy, but I drove a 3.5 and it has a lot of punch. I haven't driven the Hemi. I've owned several Chysler products over the years and can truly say, I believe each year they get better. I'm sold on Chysler.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.