Used 2006 Dodge Magnum Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Magnum

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

'06 Magnum
By Phil

2006 Dodge Magnum SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My SXT AWD is the most fun auto I've ever owned. It has head-turning style and a performance package that allows the car to be a king on the road.

My Magnum Rocks!
By Karen

2006 Dodge Magnum SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I sell Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep products, and have been looking closely at the 300, Charger and Magnum for some time. Comparing all things equally, my Magnum fits my kids and their stuff (hockey, lacrosse, football and all other equipment), and my golf clubs and my hubby's. It has the hot looks of a sexy sportscar, but has the capability of a family sedan. I feel great driving this amazing vehicle, and working as a Sales and Leasing Consultant, I get to drive dozens and dozens of vehicles and models all the time! I love my leather interior, sunroof, autostick and Boston Acoustics stereo for when I want to crank it up!

Favorite Features

Just look at the car from any angle - how could you not fall in love with it? It's a great alternative for families who do not want the cost of an SUV, or the stigma attached with a minivan. My Boston Acoustics stereo blows me away every time! Nice quality leather as well.

Suggested Improvements

The interior could be a little flashier to match the looks of the exterior, but still very attractive.

Fast and Fun
By Leslie

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

All in all I will have to say this is my all time favorite car! Love the power! No more waiting to get out in traffic. Plenty of cargo space and seats are very comfy. The only downside is that it is so peppy that we can't seem to keep our foot off of the gas! We were sold from the test drive on this car. If you're going to get one, get the Hemi! It is well worth it!

Favorite Features

Hemi 5.7, leather seats, tinted windows, lots of cargo space! Love how the engine converts from a 4 cyl to a 8 cyl with the punch of the gas. At cruising speed the engine shuts down to a 4 cyl.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe upgrade on the plastics

Top Notch
By HammerMaster

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Mercedes Benz based 4-matic is amazing. I will never drive another car without it. Wet weather traction like i have never seen before. All this on top of 340HP! Styling speaks for itself. Love it or hate it. Interior is huge. Turning radius is great for such a huge car. Speed, well there are cars that are faster but I dare them to do it in such a good looking car or loaded up with 5 people and groceries and still have power. Eat that import lovers. My only minor want is at $34k why could I not get the auto turning mirrors when the car is off like its German cousin. All together, I don't think you could get all the things this car offers from anyone else at the price its offered.

Favorite Features

Hemi coupled with the 4-matic. Economy for the engine size. Beating it up around town I get between 8 and 13 mpg. Highway I can get as good as an even 20mpg. As far as the 4-matic nothing can break the grip it offers.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe offer a bottom half plastic deal. It may not be pretty but here in the northeast winter driving, all that ice come up and hits the panels. Crazy right? If someone could figure out how to force MDS. Days that you are just feeling like not paying for gas.

50000 and going
By Dave

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

16 months and over 55,000 miles, what you have is the very good, and the very bad. First the good, power, space for my big frame 6'3", 280lbs, and lots of boxes. Nice, but not overwhelming interior, nav, heated seats, adjustable pedals, all the good stuff. Now the bad, horrible dealer service, makes me want to go back to Toyotas, and Hondas. Priced the 60,000 service one dealer wanted $850.00, another wanted $470.00. I've had a thumping noise in the right front since 21,000 miles, been to the dealer 4 times they can't find it.Serveral rattles, in the dash, and hatch. I will not buy another Dodge simply because of the dealer service.

Favorite Features

Power, looks, comfort. Features like nav, and the space I need without having to get a huge SUV.

Suggested Improvements

Quality. Improve dealer service, simply the worst ever.