Used 2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

Sleeper Wagon
By Dan Tutas

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had a lot of performance cars in my life and this is one of the best. It is very useful as you can carry other people or use it to go to the hardware store. It is fast and fun to drive on top of that. It handles very good and rides really nice on the highway. I had the RT before my SRT8 and both of these cars are real nice. It reminds me of my younger days in the 60's when a lot of people had "sleeper wagons." It runs with most cars on the street and yet gets great gas mileage. 425 HP and I am averaging between 19 and 21 MPG. Depends on how many times you put your foot into it. How can you beat that? I sure wish it had a 6-speed stick though, see my comment below.

A wagon that hauls, the engine of course, the gas mileage, and the looks. It is bold and brash and I like it. I am a 63 year old going on 21 while driving it. It is a lot of fun!

The first thing I did to the car was to have the exhaust modified. Now it sounds like it has 425 HP. And, why didn't they put a 6-speed stick in it. That really ticks me off, are you listening Dodge?

2006 Dodge Magnum SE 2.7L 4CYL
By DE

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had this car for 6 months now and have had no problems at all. It runs and drives great. I would like to see a little more power but that is my fault for buying the one with the small engine, (for gas mileage reasons), and it does get excellent fuel mileage.

The outside looks of the vehicle and all the room you have. The way it handles around curves and mountains is great. The power it has for the very small engine.

Make the interior match the rest of the car. The outside is so nice and looks expensive when the interior is kind of cheap looking. cheap seats, knobs, carpet.

Magnum SXT R/T
By Paul Rodriguez

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

One off the best cars I've owned, the speed and control is better then my past sports cars, with better gas mileage too. Wow what a car!

Room, style, speed

Best car I ever bought
By vjklander

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I looked around for a new car and came down to the Chrysler A300, Dodge Charger, and the Dodge Magnum. When we saw the all-black Magnum we just loved the styling and found the rear cargo space desirable since we often need to take her parents to doctor's appointments and the wheelchair fits easily.

Styling and performance are the two biggest points, but we really like everything about this car.

Move the high beam indicator. For both of us the indicator is screened from view by the steering wheel.

'06 Magnum
By Moose

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I looked at many vehicles over 6 months before deciding on the Magnum. I have had it now for a 1 1/2 years and am very pleased. I have 4 kids and can fit them all in and still have space in the back. The car drives very well and has great brakes although I would recommend ABS. I got the 2.7L v6 for the gas mileage. It does not have alot of power but I do get 20 mpg in the city. I have not taken it on any long trips so I don't know the highway mpg. For around town the car is perfect, it looks great, handles well, gets good mpg, is very comfortable (I am 6'3) and can take 5 adults plus stuff in the back. We had a Dodge Polaris wagon growing up, there is no comparison!

The styling (I love the way the car looks, this is what finally sold me on the car) and the interior room. I can have the drivers seat all the way back and still fit an adult in the back seat.

None so far.