Used 2006 Dodge Magnum Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Magnum

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

2006 Dodge Magnum SE 2.7L 4CYL
By DE

2006 Dodge Magnum SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had this car for 6 months now and have had no problems at all. It runs and drives great. I would like to see a little more power but that is my fault for buying the one with the small engine, (for gas mileage reasons), and it does get excellent fuel mileage.

Favorite Features

The outside looks of the vehicle and all the room you have. The way it handles around curves and mountains is great. The power it has for the very small engine.

Suggested Improvements

Make the interior match the rest of the car. The outside is so nice and looks expensive when the interior is kind of cheap looking. cheap seats, knobs, carpet.

Magnum SXT R/T
By Paul Rodriguez

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

One off the best cars I've owned, the speed and control is better then my past sports cars, with better gas mileage too. Wow what a car!

Favorite Features

Room, style, speed

Best car I ever bought
By vjklander

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I looked around for a new car and came down to the Chrysler A300, Dodge Charger, and the Dodge Magnum. When we saw the all-black Magnum we just loved the styling and found the rear cargo space desirable since we often need to take her parents to doctor's appointments and the wheelchair fits easily.

Favorite Features

Styling and performance are the two biggest points, but we really like everything about this car.

Suggested Improvements

Move the high beam indicator. For both of us the indicator is screened from view by the steering wheel.

'06 Magnum
By Moose

2006 Dodge Magnum SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I looked at many vehicles over 6 months before deciding on the Magnum. I have had it now for a 1 1/2 years and am very pleased. I have 4 kids and can fit them all in and still have space in the back. The car drives very well and has great brakes although I would recommend ABS. I got the 2.7L v6 for the gas mileage. It does not have alot of power but I do get 20 mpg in the city. I have not taken it on any long trips so I don't know the highway mpg. For around town the car is perfect, it looks great, handles well, gets good mpg, is very comfortable (I am 6'3) and can take 5 adults plus stuff in the back. We had a Dodge Polaris wagon growing up, there is no comparison!

Favorite Features

The styling (I love the way the car looks, this is what finally sold me on the car) and the interior room. I can have the drivers seat all the way back and still fit an adult in the back seat.

Suggested Improvements

None so far.

Got to Believe ! - That Dad's Wagon ?
By Jellobrand

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The car is a car, a truck, a wagon, a SUV. But inside the heart and soul is a sports car trapped in a wagon's body!

Favorite Features

Separation at any speed. Handling. Radio. Safety features. Feels like a German car at times.

Suggested Improvements

Have the rear window have the capability of going down into the lift gate. Change dash to softer material.