Used 2006 Dodge Magnum Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Magnum

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

What a Car!
By lovethiscar

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Traded my Civic for this (too small) knowing that I would be giving up my great fuel economy and it was worth it! Tons of room, a blast to drive. Took it 3000 mi. to Florida and back and it drove like a dream. 23 MPG HWY and 17 City. Came back to a blizzard and this car is a tank! Worried about the RWD but it goes through snow like butter. Trying to keep my foot light on the gas to improve fuel economy but it's so hard! Even my husband and kids love it!

Favorite Features

Safety features, roomy, decent stereo, heated leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Rate this vehicle
By magnum

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The best all around vehicle I've ever owned. Sporty, family fun, looks great inside and out. Rides, drives like I said all around.

Favorite Features

Wagon, enough said

Suggested Improvements

Wouldn't change any thing maybe gas mileage just because of the price of gas

SRT8 Power House
By William Miller

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I first owned a 2005 SXT Magnum, black w/tinted windows and 17" alloy rims, I loved that car. My daughter said it looked like a hearse. It could have been an instant muscle car but the 3.5 L V6 just didn't have it.I mean the 3.5 is a great motor just not the Horse power I wanted. So I bought a 2006 SRT8 w/ the 6.1 L Hemi. Wow! It's balck just like the one before and a whole lot faster. The power is almost unbelivable between the two. I miss the all leather seats and moon roof the SXT had. The 20" rims make for a little more bumpy ride but the handling is superior. Lots of power and good looks!It's what I wanted when I bought my first Magnum.

Favorite Features

The performance of this car is unmatched at least until the Challenger hits the street. The looks, the power, the wheels, tires and suspension. The engineers really tied it all together with this one. Instant muscle car classic!

Suggested Improvements

The feel of tire hop while backing up was a little alarming at first and still makes me wonder if everything is still tight in the front end. But I have been assured by the dealership service center that the 20" rims and wide tires are the cause of this "hop".

Never Thought I'd Love This Car
By Cass

2006 Dodge Magnum SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When my husband traded my PT Cruiser for a one year old Dodge Magnum, I was a little skeptical about the choice because it was so much larger than the Cruiser. Was I pleasantly surprised! I love this car; it is so comfortable, so easy to handle, and comes in handy on Fridays when I take friends to lunch. The ability to manuever the car is superior, I can back up easily into a parking space and it's great for hauling everything from the dogs to bags of mulch to groceries.

Favorite Features

Interior comfort Climate and radio/CD controls The space for people and things

Sleeper Wagon
By Dan Tutas

2006 Dodge Magnum SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had a lot of performance cars in my life and this is one of the best. It is very useful as you can carry other people or use it to go to the hardware store. It is fast and fun to drive on top of that. It handles very good and rides really nice on the highway. I had the RT before my SRT8 and both of these cars are real nice. It reminds me of my younger days in the 60's when a lot of people had "sleeper wagons." It runs with most cars on the street and yet gets great gas mileage. 425 HP and I am averaging between 19 and 21 MPG. Depends on how many times you put your foot into it. How can you beat that? I sure wish it had a 6-speed stick though, see my comment below.

Favorite Features

A wagon that hauls, the engine of course, the gas mileage, and the looks. It is bold and brash and I like it. I am a 63 year old going on 21 while driving it. It is a lot of fun!

Suggested Improvements

The first thing I did to the car was to have the exhaust modified. Now it sounds like it has 425 HP. And, why didn't they put a 6-speed stick in it. That really ticks me off, are you listening Dodge?