2006 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:
Why purchase a Subaru
By Ken on 11/07/06 07:49 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Wow. I am a '60's child. What an increase in quality, driveability, utility, and performance. Commute 70 miles one way to work. I am much fresher upon arrival than I was driving an " all wheel drive import". Exceptionaly quiet, solid. I have had the vehicle four months and have put 18k miles on the clock.

SXT 2WD 2006 3.5 250hp V6
By SXT2WD_Guy on 11/05/06 08:28 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have just purchased this car recently and took a trip of about 1000kl/600mi. loved the way the car handled and comfort was very good. Fuel mileage was above my expectation as I averaged 39.84 mpg hwy and 34.32 city, very excited about that. 3.5 engine has lots of power and is all that is needed in this wonderful wagon

What a machine!
By hemibp on 11/02/06 08:16 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

While I have only put 1500 miles on this Hemi-powered rocket, I was impressed from the first moment of a test drive. I was attracted to it by the syling and Hemi power. I read a lot of reviews on the Magnum and researched every bit of material that I could find. When I finally decided to buy it, I never regretted my decision. This car handles like a sports car with the Mercedes suspension. The car is bearly broken in so the only issue I have is with the city mileage. The first tank was all local driving (NYC) and I got 12 mpg. I have to be careful getting on the highway because you are up to 85 mph before you know it. Great stereo and plenty of room. People are impressed with this one.

Excellent Utilitarian Vehicle
By Ryan on 10/20/06 11:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We have taken the car on two long road trips already. I was worried about the small V6 in such a large car but the pep was sufficient for excellent highway driving. The car is smooth and the steering is sharp for such a large car. Although the small windows in the rear reduce visibility, the side mirrors are the first adequate mirrors I've ever seen on a car making the car much more navigatable through city streets. Fuel economy is actually exceeding the mid-size sedan we traded in. The transmission is uncharacteristically smooth from my previous experiences with Dodge. Only one minor warrenty issue so far (switch knob).

Dodge Magnum SRT8
By charlie on 10/17/06 16:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This car has great power, great styling, and gets pretty good gas mileage, but it rides like a Caddy and handles like a Vette. The thing I like about this car is that it seats 5 and has plenty of cargo room. I was a little afraid to buy it ,but once I drove it, and my wife drove it, I realized I made the right choice

Happy with my SRT8 Magnum
By AGD on 10/13/06 19:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I traded a Volvo V70R for the Magnum SRT8 and I haven't regretted my decision. This car is a blast to drive. it's just so darn fast when you get on it. My 5 year old calls it the "Mommy Hot Rod".

Fun and Functional
By SRT84JM on 10/12/06 18:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Two words describe this vehicle: fun and functionality. MPG? No. SPM (smiles per mile) outstanding!

Love My Maggie
By bradyboy1 on 09/19/06 09:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my silver Magnum SE for almost 20 thousand miles and have not had a single issue. I have never taken it back to the dealer for anything other than oil changes. I have not encountered any of the problems that other people have posted on here. It is super quiet and very solid. Everything has worked perfectly! I love the styling. I get a ton of envious looks from both men and women, even with two carseats in the back. It is the coolest "Dad" car on the road in my opinion. It is very easy to load and unload kids and all their "equipment." I feel very cocky on the road in this car and I don't even own the Hemi. I live in El Paso and I have only seen a handful of others.

No more imports for me, thank you
By Ed on 08/14/06 11:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am a field engineer. I drive in total comfort, economy and awesome power when I need it. 43,000 miles on it without a hitch.

I love my Magnum
By Step Tyner on 08/10/06 13:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Aside from rather poor rear quarter visibility, that impossible-not-to- damage-while-parking lower front clip, and a seeming inability to "memorize" my garage door opener code, the car has been entirely trouble free. The concept is a superb one. Who says station wagons have to be snails? The interior cargo space includes handy grocery racks and a host of fascinating little compartments and such. And, while the interior decor is a bit Spartan, the seats are comfortable and all the controls are conveniently placed.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.