2006 Dodge Magnum Consumer Reviews 3

2006 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:
Stylish and flexible with lots of room
By Greg on 04/06/08 09:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The SE is fun to drive, has wonderful racy styling and handles like a dream. It corners flat and holds the road beautifully. The 2.7 Liter engine is a little underpowered for the size of the vehicle, but considering it is such a small engine, I have no problem with available power. I purchased the 2.7 specifically because I wanted a vehicle that affords good fuel economy, and it delivers that plus I like driving the Magnum. I purchased the car in 2008 and am very happy with the value received. I get a car that looks and feels like a new car and the 2 years depreciation (60% off new price) give me a real bargain. I don't understand it but like getting such a great bargain!

Fun and flexible.
By ACM on 04/05/08 23:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I went from a 2006 Honda Odyssey (3 steering racks in 20,000 miles was 3 too many) to the RT. The cargo volume is not quite that of the van but it is good. Four guys and golf bags are handled with ease. The gas mileage to date (5500 miles) is one mile to the gallon worse than the Honda. The fun to drive factor is approximately 8.5 out of 10. If you have to drive a wagon this is the one that will make you smile. I can only imagine how much fun the SRT8 must be to drive. I am already planning some tweaks to the engine and suspension because the chassis is just so good that it begs for more power and better spring rates. This really is a great platform, hats off to the engineers at Dodge

Still lovin' it!
By simplijm on 03/19/08 07:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 06' to replace my aging Durango and from day one it was a great choice. Even though I did not get the AWD, it still rocks in any weather, with the addition of Blizzaks for the winter. I'm 6'4" and it is really comfortable, plus with two car seats in the back, the kids have enough room too. I put the whole family in and we go looking fo twisty turny roads to play on. With the autostick, I can run that car pretty hard and it just keeps asking for more. Cruises really nicely for the 25 mile each way commute, but gotta keep an eye on it. I tend to enjoy driving and sometimes look down and see 80 when I'm just having fun. Definitely a family car for dad to have fun in!

Should have bought it sooner
By Tom's NYC Review on 03/13/08 20:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car used with only 80 miles on it and got a super deal, number 1. I was statisfied with the price, leather , styling, sunroof, and the space. Hope it would be as powerful as my 1970 Cutlass which I missed dearly, and holy cow it was. Not only was it peppy and powerful but I had all the safety and comfort of a car built today. And yes, it does get good gas mileage when driven nicely, which I personally cannot do! Wish I did not have to deal with all the lovely traffic of NYC, then I can really open it up

Great Car! No Regrets!
By Dodge Owner on 02/08/08 10:53 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best car we have ever owned. Powerful engine, quiet ride, sleek styling. Love the leather, heated seats, sunroof, and AWD!

What a Car!
By lovethiscar on 01/22/08 14:36 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Traded my Civic for this (too small) knowing that I would be giving up my great fuel economy and it was worth it! Tons of room, a blast to drive. Took it 3000 mi. to Florida and back and it drove like a dream. 23 MPG HWY and 17 City. Came back to a blizzard and this car is a tank! Worried about the RWD but it goes through snow like butter. Trying to keep my foot light on the gas to improve fuel economy but it's so hard! Even my husband and kids love it!

Rate this vehicle
By magnum on 01/20/08 09:32 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The best all around vehicle I've ever owned. Sporty, family fun, looks great inside and out. Rides, drives like I said all around.

SRT8 Power House
By William Miller on 01/06/08 13:02 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I first owned a 2005 SXT Magnum, black w/tinted windows and 17" alloy rims, I loved that car. My daughter said it looked like a hearse. It could have been an instant muscle car but the 3.5 L V6 just didn't have it.I mean the 3.5 is a great motor just not the Horse power I wanted. So I bought a 2006 SRT8 w/ the 6.1 L Hemi. Wow! It's balck just like the one before and a whole lot faster. The power is almost unbelivable between the two. I miss the all leather seats and moon roof the SXT had. The 20" rims make for a little more bumpy ride but the handling is superior. Lots of power and good looks!It's what I wanted when I bought my first Magnum.

Never Thought I'd Love This Car
By Cass on 11/09/07 10:16 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When my husband traded my PT Cruiser for a one year old Dodge Magnum, I was a little skeptical about the choice because it was so much larger than the Cruiser. Was I pleasantly surprised! I love this car; it is so comfortable, so easy to handle, and comes in handy on Fridays when I take friends to lunch. The ability to manuever the car is superior, I can back up easily into a parking space and it's great for hauling everything from the dogs to bags of mulch to groceries.

Sleeper Wagon
By Dan Tutas on 11/02/07 20:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had a lot of performance cars in my life and this is one of the best. It is very useful as you can carry other people or use it to go to the hardware store. It is fast and fun to drive on top of that. It handles very good and rides really nice on the highway. I had the RT before my SRT8 and both of these cars are real nice. It reminds me of my younger days in the 60's when a lot of people had "sleeper wagons." It runs with most cars on the street and yet gets great gas mileage. 425 HP and I am averaging between 19 and 21 MPG. Depends on how many times you put your foot into it. How can you beat that? I sure wish it had a 6-speed stick though, see my comment below.