2006 Magnum RT AWD - First Review
By W. Carline on
2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
I have one of the first 2006 RT AWD to find its way to MA/RI. The car is simply awesome. I have only owned it for one week, but there is no question that the ride is equivalent to that of a $60K luxury sedan. The power....HEMI speaks for itself. Interior noise is virtually non- existent, unless of course you open the windows to hear the HEMI purrrrr through the dual exhaust. This is certainly not the Dodge of my parents' generation. Cornering is solid around sharp turns on the interstate. Accelearation is smooth and decisive. Despite my short ownership, I had to let you all know about one thing- I got 5 "thumbs up" from other drivers on the first day!
Favorite Features
The AWD rims help your AWD Magnum stand out. HEMI power coupled with multi-displacement is ingenious (gas mileage almost that of a 6). Electronics convinience group is a must, the information is terrific. Lastly, the U-connect hands free feature is great option, simply U- Nique, making calls fun.
Suggested Improvements
One initial objection I have is the placement of the turn signal. It is a bit lower than the normal range, but I have adjusted. The other is the placement of the cruise control-not very well thought out as it is awkward to use. But then, who cares, this is the kind of car you WANT TO DRIVE.