Used 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

SRT-8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (21 reviews )

Great Fun Family Wagon
By Manny

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

A great excuse to buy a hotrod and say it's for the family. Amazing perforance as expected. You sink into the deep bucket seats when you step on the gas. A lot of looks and compliments from other drivers and curious onlookers. Fun and functional, I can carry my boys in the back and still have plenty of room in the front for me. I'm 6-4 so that was important. A real sleeper for people that don't recognize what exactly the SRT-8 badge means. I have routinely smoked other unsuspecting sports cars. Always great fun.

Favorite Features

Obviously the performance and rumble of the engine. The styling is sleek and will carry for a long time. Plenty of room for me, my boys, and all our groceries and supplies in the back.

Suggested Improvements

The car should come in stick like the great Dodge muscle cars of the 60's and 70's. The autostick is really poorly designed. A lot of brake dust, which causes the brakes to squeal a lot.

Dodge Magnum SRT8
By charlie

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This car has great power, great styling, and gets pretty good gas mileage, but it rides like a Caddy and handles like a Vette. The thing I like about this car is that it seats 5 and has plenty of cargo room. I was a little afraid to buy it ,but once I drove it, and my wife drove it, I realized I made the right choice

Favorite Features

The power and the handling

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower, and a driver-controlled peak performance and gas mileage button that lets the driver decide what they need.

Happy with my SRT8 Magnum
By AGD

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I traded a Volvo V70R for the Magnum SRT8 and I haven't regretted my decision. This car is a blast to drive. it's just so darn fast when you get on it. My 5 year old calls it the "Mommy Hot Rod".

Favorite Features

Power and speed, nice kicker stereo system, good brakes.

Suggested Improvements

All leather seats and memory seats.

Fun and Functional
By SRT84JM

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Two words describe this vehicle: fun and functionality. MPG? No. SPM (smiles per mile) outstanding!

Favorite Features

Performance and handling. Brembo brakes truly outstanding.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger engine? ;-)

I love my Magnum
By Step Tyner

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Aside from rather poor rear quarter visibility, that impossible-not-to- damage-while-parking lower front clip, and a seeming inability to "memorize" my garage door opener code, the car has been entirely trouble free. The concept is a superb one. Who says station wagons have to be snails? The interior cargo space includes handy grocery racks and a host of fascinating little compartments and such. And, while the interior decor is a bit Spartan, the seats are comfortable and all the controls are conveniently placed.

Favorite Features

Other features aside, and acknowledging that it is a matter of taste, I love the styling most of all, though the neck-snapping performance gets more than a casual nod from this reviewer.

Suggested Improvements

Fix that front end height! Head-in parking is highly problematic given the height of most parking-space bumpers.