2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 - Consumer Reviews

SRT-8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (21 reviews )
SRT-8 Magnum
By Charlie on 05/31/06 04:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Not only is the 2006 Magnum a beautiful design it also has the awesome power that Dodge used to have back in the late 60's early 70's. You have the modern luxuaries of a Mercedez Benz and the "holy cow" power of a 1970 Hemi Roadrunner. My SRT Magnum came with GPS, Sirius Satelite Radio, all leather interior, (Gray on Black-Standard for SRT8) steering wheel remotes, sunroof and digital gauges with white face gauges. The new Hemi 6.1 liter is just as appealing to look at as the rest of the car. I do feel that the exhuast could have been a bit throatier, however you do hear the engine well at 6000 rpms. The ride and handling is smooth and confortable. All this for $40,000. I did well.

What an engine
By Rx:MagnumQd on 05/24/06 20:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Wow! This is one incredibly fast car. It replaced my Magnum RT, already a fast car. This one simply flies. The whole car has been upgraded from the suspension to the transmission to the brakes. It feels like a complete package. Handles suprisingly well for a 4300lb car. Seats are terrific, way better that the stock RT seats. Driving the car is an exercise in right foot restraint. The barritone soundtrack that comes with a quick jab of the throttle is worth the price of admission alone. The thrust that comes with this right foot exercise is very impressive indeed. Remember, this car has more horsepower than any Corvette (except Z06) produced in the last 25 years. Overall, a blast to drive!

6.1 HEMI
By Rocket Wagon on 05/03/06 18:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

The up grade from my '05 R/T has been very exciting. The acceleration and roar from the HEMI makes it hard to drive it slow. My gas mileage has been the same as my R/T.

WOW American Muscle Returns
By hemimagnum on 03/27/06 06:28 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This car is unbelievable. It has room for the family and to haul different odds and ends. Even with 425 horses I have been getting 17-18mpg around and about town along with an occasaional jaunt on the thruway. But don't let me kid you, if you don't keep your foot out of it, which can be hard with the sensation you get when the motor starts to open up, the mileage will drop in a hurry. This car is almost too nice to drive on a daily basis. But what the heck, enjoy it. You only live once.

Wow
By hemi58 on 03/17/06 15:50 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This car is unbelievable. Great performance and mpg isn't all that bad 18.5 average. I only got 23 on my Accord and I haven't had to take it into the dealer for any of the usual "new car" problems-this is my 2nd Magnum-1st was and R/T-plus I don't know what all the hubbub is about w/ the Asian cars I had two and they both left me stranded and unsure if they would start. Thanks but Iíll stick w/ the GM Ford & Chrysler that always seem to get knocked for fit and finish. Everyone Iíve had I put minimum of 150,000 miles and w/ no trouble other than the usual wear items-LOF battery brakes.

Not your average wagon
By rick on 01/28/06 06:57 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Dodge didn't waste any money on bling bling here. Everything you need is covered, but the magic is underneath. The motor is a split personality crazy man. quiet and smooth when you need it to be. Step on the pedal and you are in another dimension. Amazing torque and acceleration(especially for a heavy car). Handles tight and the SRT8 seats are perfection. If you crave attention buy another car- although this car gets a knowing glance from anyone who understands Dodge's secret society. Generally you get the glance as you blast past them on straight AND twisty roads. Outward vision isn't great but you gain confidence in your mirrors after awhile. Build quality so far is excellent. Rock on

Lemon
By Bjorn on 12/23/05 00:58 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

My SRT my car has spent more time in the shop than on the road. Dodge can not figure out why it won't start, they'll get it running then suddenly it wont start again. Handled and performs great when it runs. Being returned under the lemon law and no, I will not get another.

Hemi 4 real
By hemi4fun on 12/03/05 20:54 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

We love this car. We had a magnum Rt and when this car came out with the 6.1 we had to go get it. If you're worried about gas then maybe you should buy a Honda, but the braking and performance of this car is outragous. Much better than the rt. Nothing on the street can touch you. The power is unbelievable, you will be impressed. I hope this will help you and make sure you haggle to get that mark up down. They will do it. We got the car for 41 and people were out there paying 60, so make sure you are ready to walk. They wont let you leave.

2006 Dodge Magnum Hemi
By Michael on 11/16/05 11:14 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Fastest vehicle on the road today besides the Charger RT Hemi. I have both cars and this one handles as good as the Charger. The Mercedez, BMW, the 'stang, Nissan, or any other car on the road cannot match this car or the Charger for performance, style, speed, or quality... I've tested all of the above and more and these two cars are the Kings of the road... I blew a vette and 2 'stangs off the road and as far as the Mercedez goes, no challenge...

My studly station wagon
By brenda peek on 08/09/05 20:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I love my new car. This car has so many features that make it a real deal. The power is awesome and the comfort is great. Great car for my family of 3.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.