Used 2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

Grocery Getter with an Attitude
By Noah and Kristen

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our new Magnum three weeks ago and I have been in love with it ever since. The weekend after we bought it, we drove it to Nashville and averaged 27 MPG. The power out of our 3.5L is amazing. It is nothing to bark the tires at a light or around a corner. Now that I got rid of my old beater, my daughter always wants to ride in Daddy's car.

Boston Acoustic Speakers, power drivers seat and pedals, strong V-6, and the "look"

Turn signal lever too low, move it up a little bit. The cruise control is a litle akward at first, but you get used to it.

2006 SXT Magnum is Awesome!
By T. Smith

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My "Maggie" is the best vehicle I have ever owned or driven! It's so comfortable to drive and ride in and the Boston Acoustics are wonderful! The 6x CD player is a blast to load and listen to all my favorite music back to back. I zoom my sunroof back and turn up my tunes and enjoy the ride!

The heated seats are great in winter. I love the style of the Magnum & the bigger wheels. And the moveable gas & brake pedals are nice.

Dash lights too dim at night. Interior colors need to be brighter. Too dull. Built in compass would be helpful too.

Glad I bought it!
By CrazyArrow

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I went to the dealership to buy an SUV and drove off in a Magnum! It was love at first sight and I'm a big guy so room was very important- definitely no complaints here. I have definitely upgraded from my minivan and no longer feel like I've given up on life! :) I definitely do not need a Hemi, but am a bit disappointed with the 2.7. It has enough "umph" to get the job done, but with nowhere near the performance of the 3.5 or Hemi.

Definitely the room, ride, mileage, and looks (most important).

I bought mine used and it was the only vehicle that would fit my budget; but...why oh why did Dodge use a 2.7???? It's OK, but definitely not the scorcher that everyone hopes to see in a Magnum. However, it will definitely keep me from getting too many speeding tickets!

Gotta love this wagon!
By Steve S.

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have had the vehicle for only a few weeks. Had to sell '05 Mustang and go practical. The Magnum gave me practicality and fun! Really nice car, drives very well, nice and tight. Love the low cut look, very aggressive. My wife really likes it too. Can actually be cool in a wagon.

Power, exterior design, navigation, AWD, wagon practicality, rear seat room is awesome!

Directional lever is too low. Cruise lever is where directional should be. Move cruise control to steering wheel touch control. Add: Memory settings, back-up camera, power liftgate.

Better Than Ever
By tom

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Overall fit and finish is more than excellent for a car in this price range. Take a tour of the outside and see the detail given to the body seams, their almost perfect all around the car. sit inside and notice that this is a driver's car. It's easy to get in a good driving position and all controls are extremely easy to use. The only downside is the comfort level of the seats over a long trip. This needs to be looked at by Dodge.

Ergonomics, electronics, engine management. All the things I always thought were horrible in american cars are more than just adequately engineered in the Magnum. All in the smoothest engine/transmission package on the market today.

Seats, my major complaint. Also, why doesn"t the Magnum have automatic wipers, lights and rear sensors as standard equipement? At this price they should be included.