Used 2006 Dodge Magnum Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

Awesome car Dad!
By javaguyinaz

2006 Dodge Magnum SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have only had it 4 weeks, and I love the car. I have been approached twice asking about the car. I bought the car used, saved myself $4K. I will not miss my Surburban. My 8 yr old will only go with Dad, forget about the minivan.

Simple design inside. Silver trim inside is good, seats are comfortable. The 3.5 enigne has plenty of boost for the ride. I am still trying to find the blind spot that everyone talks about. But then coming from a Surburban, I guess I don't notice.

Work on the gas mileage, but then I have been averaging 20-21, with a 3.5 engine. Better than 12-14 with the Suburban.

2006 Magnum from Ontario
By robbo68

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am a lifelong Dodge fan. From the Dodge Dspen to Dakota now to the Magnum I am very impressed witht the structure of the whole car. I believe they spent time on this and made it right. Spacious in design with a whole lot of sport.

I like the interior best. It's roomy for the kids and comfortable for the rest. The entertainment system makes the long drives easy.

Why purchase a Subaru
By Ken

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Wow. I am a '60's child. What an increase in quality, driveability, utility, and performance. Commute 70 miles one way to work. I am much fresher upon arrival than I was driving an " all wheel drive import". Exceptionaly quiet, solid. I have had the vehicle four months and have put 18k miles on the clock.

In normal driving get same or better mileage than the advertised mileage for a Subaru. I flew to Ohio to get my car and drove it to Washington State. At posted speeds did better on fuel economy than two year old Subaru wagon. Handling, utility, and performance exceptional.

Make the drink holder have inserts that can be removed for cleaning. Also, on a $42k car you would think there would be a glove box and underhood light. Whats up with the tires? The Continentals are crap. Had to replace them already. Could use mute in steering wheel.

SXT 2WD 2006 3.5 250hp V6
By SXT2WD_Guy

2006 Dodge Magnum SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have just purchased this car recently and took a trip of about 1000kl/600mi. loved the way the car handled and comfort was very good. Fuel mileage was above my expectation as I averaged 39.84 mpg hwy and 34.32 city, very excited about that. 3.5 engine has lots of power and is all that is needed in this wonderful wagon

Overall feel

Coffee holders in front need improvement

What a machine!
By hemibp

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

While I have only put 1500 miles on this Hemi-powered rocket, I was impressed from the first moment of a test drive. I was attracted to it by the syling and Hemi power. I read a lot of reviews on the Magnum and researched every bit of material that I could find. When I finally decided to buy it, I never regretted my decision. This car handles like a sports car with the Mercedes suspension. The car is bearly broken in so the only issue I have is with the city mileage. The first tank was all local driving (NYC) and I got 12 mpg. I have to be careful getting on the highway because you are up to 85 mph before you know it. Great stereo and plenty of room. People are impressed with this one.

Hemi, comfort, handling, brakes, stereo. It is really a deam to drive. My 16 year old son thinks it looks like the kind of car Darth Vader would drive.

The jury is still out. After more miles on it, I will see if the gas mileage improves and if the quality holds up.

• SUV