Used 2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

SXT 2WD 2006 3.5 250hp V6
By SXT2WD_Guy

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have just purchased this car recently and took a trip of about 1000kl/600mi. loved the way the car handled and comfort was very good. Fuel mileage was above my expectation as I averaged 39.84 mpg hwy and 34.32 city, very excited about that. 3.5 engine has lots of power and is all that is needed in this wonderful wagon

Favorite Features

Overall feel

Suggested Improvements

Coffee holders in front need improvement

What a machine!
By hemibp

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

While I have only put 1500 miles on this Hemi-powered rocket, I was impressed from the first moment of a test drive. I was attracted to it by the syling and Hemi power. I read a lot of reviews on the Magnum and researched every bit of material that I could find. When I finally decided to buy it, I never regretted my decision. This car handles like a sports car with the Mercedes suspension. The car is bearly broken in so the only issue I have is with the city mileage. The first tank was all local driving (NYC) and I got 12 mpg. I have to be careful getting on the highway because you are up to 85 mph before you know it. Great stereo and plenty of room. People are impressed with this one.

Favorite Features

Hemi, comfort, handling, brakes, stereo. It is really a deam to drive. My 16 year old son thinks it looks like the kind of car Darth Vader would drive.

Suggested Improvements

The jury is still out. After more miles on it, I will see if the gas mileage improves and if the quality holds up.

Excellent Utilitarian Vehicle
By Ryan

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We have taken the car on two long road trips already. I was worried about the small V6 in such a large car but the pep was sufficient for excellent highway driving. The car is smooth and the steering is sharp for such a large car. Although the small windows in the rear reduce visibility, the side mirrors are the first adequate mirrors I've ever seen on a car making the car much more navigatable through city streets. Fuel economy is actually exceeding the mid-size sedan we traded in. The transmission is uncharacteristically smooth from my previous experiences with Dodge. Only one minor warrenty issue so far (switch knob).

Favorite Features

Cargo room, roomy interior. Excellent base package to keep price down. Fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

Not everyone wants a 17" rim! I'd prefer if some more standard 15" rim were available for the base package. I'm not looking forward to paying for new 17" tires.

Love My Maggie
By bradyboy1

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my silver Magnum SE for almost 20 thousand miles and have not had a single issue. I have never taken it back to the dealer for anything other than oil changes. I have not encountered any of the problems that other people have posted on here. It is super quiet and very solid. Everything has worked perfectly! I love the styling. I get a ton of envious looks from both men and women, even with two carseats in the back. It is the coolest "Dad" car on the road in my opinion. It is very easy to load and unload kids and all their "equipment." I feel very cocky on the road in this car and I don't even own the Hemi. I live in El Paso and I have only seen a handful of others.

Favorite Features

Again, I love the styling both exterior and interior. The cargo area is awesome! Tons of space! I love the safety features as well, anti lock brakes and stability control program. I unfortunately had to use both of these features to avoid an accident in the rain at 50 mph, and they saved my life.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I have is very minor, but the cup holders and the shifter are very close together making it hard to shift with a cup in the holder. But that is all. I love everything about this car. I will keep it for a long time!

No more imports for me, thank you
By Ed

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am a field engineer. I drive in total comfort, economy and awesome power when I need it. 43,000 miles on it without a hitch.

Favorite Features

Hemi. Electronic stability when I want it on or off. Interior design and exterior design. Let's no forget the large and easy access rear hatch.

Suggested Improvements

Supercharger option