Used 2006 Dodge Magnum SXT Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

The beauty can mask anything
By nbrandl

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a mechanic, I bought my 2006 Dodge Magnum 3.5 High Output AWD a year ago with 54,600 miles on it. As always, I performed a full vehicle check on the car before purchasing it. I loved this car, it was fast fun, elegant, and provided everything I needed, at first. Since I bought it I have had numerous mechanical, programing, and electrical issues currently totaling to $4,500 dollars. Just to give an idea, at 70,000 miles my throttle just went out (this isn't included in what I have already spent) and I now have to replace the entire intake system which is going to cost around $2,200 (these costs don't include mechanics fees, which will potentially double the costs) *A battery cost $300

What to expect at 80,000 miles
By MikeInMass

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my '06 SXT RWD used in Nov. '06 with 13k miles. It now has nearly 81k miles. Overall, it's been very reliable...roomy, comfortable, fast, no rattles, and decent gas mileage (22 mpg avg. in mixed highway and city gridlock). The RWD has only been a problem once, in a very heavy snow. The front brake rotors were replaced at 38k, and will need to be replaced again soon. The original tires lasted to 71k. At approx. 75k, a rocker arm broke, a $500 fix. The mechanic says it's common, but not frequent, on the 3.5 liter motor. Other than that, just oil changes and tire rotation. I love the styling of the car, too bad it's been discontinued. Everyone who rides in it loves it!

Favorite Features

Styling! Roominess. Reliability. Performance with 3.5 litre engine...you really don't need the Hemi! Sound system. Body integrity. Just a great car!

Suggested Improvements

Front seats a bit lacking in support, but electric controls allow minute adjustments.

What else do you need?
By CMW

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my beloved Avalanche on this black pearl magnum with the 18" nice rims due to my wife not needing a huge vehicle anymore. One test drive, and found myself searching the globe for the Magnum I wanted. My wife begged me not to get rid of the Avalanche, but after a week of driving the Magnum, she hasn't looked back.

Favorite Features

The exterior looks great! Dark tint makes the car. The drive is fantastic and very smooth. It feels good to get out of a big truck but still have the comfort and room. Love the battery being in the back away from the motor.

Suggested Improvements

The cruise control is in a strange place. Stereo controls on the steering wheel would be great on all models. Would like the temp. displayed on the rear view mirror too.

Still lovin' it!
By simplijm

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 06' to replace my aging Durango and from day one it was a great choice. Even though I did not get the AWD, it still rocks in any weather, with the addition of Blizzaks for the winter. I'm 6'4" and it is really comfortable, plus with two car seats in the back, the kids have enough room too. I put the whole family in and we go looking fo twisty turny roads to play on. With the autostick, I can run that car pretty hard and it just keeps asking for more. Cruises really nicely for the 25 mile each way commute, but gotta keep an eye on it. I tend to enjoy driving and sometimes look down and see 80 when I'm just having fun. Definitely a family car for dad to have fun in!

Favorite Features

Styling, power (HOV6), room, ride, trim, the way the kids with their tricked out civics look at me as I slide on by effortlessly

Suggested Improvements

better sound - externally, looks bad, make it sound bad! Instead on once control on the steering column, make it two, one on either side. electrochromatic mirror standard with compass.

Never Thought I'd Love This Car
By Cass

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When my husband traded my PT Cruiser for a one year old Dodge Magnum, I was a little skeptical about the choice because it was so much larger than the Cruiser. Was I pleasantly surprised! I love this car; it is so comfortable, so easy to handle, and comes in handy on Fridays when I take friends to lunch. The ability to manuever the car is superior, I can back up easily into a parking space and it's great for hauling everything from the dogs to bags of mulch to groceries.

Favorite Features

Interior comfort Climate and radio/CD controls The space for people and things