2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:
The beauty can mask anything
By nbrandl on 01/22/12 10:44 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a mechanic, I bought my 2006 Dodge Magnum 3.5 High Output AWD a year ago with 54,600 miles on it. As always, I performed a full vehicle check on the car before purchasing it. I loved this car, it was fast fun, elegant, and provided everything I needed, at first. Since I bought it I have had numerous mechanical, programing, and electrical issues currently totaling to $4,500 dollars. Just to give an idea, at 70,000 miles my throttle just went out (this isn't included in what I have already spent) and I now have to replace the entire intake system which is going to cost around $2,200 (these costs don't include mechanics fees, which will potentially double the costs) *A battery cost $300

What to expect at 80,000 miles
By MikeInMass on 09/05/08 19:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my '06 SXT RWD used in Nov. '06 with 13k miles. It now has nearly 81k miles. Overall, it's been very reliable...roomy, comfortable, fast, no rattles, and decent gas mileage (22 mpg avg. in mixed highway and city gridlock). The RWD has only been a problem once, in a very heavy snow. The front brake rotors were replaced at 38k, and will need to be replaced again soon. The original tires lasted to 71k. At approx. 75k, a rocker arm broke, a $500 fix. The mechanic says it's common, but not frequent, on the 3.5 liter motor. Other than that, just oil changes and tire rotation. I love the styling of the car, too bad it's been discontinued. Everyone who rides in it loves it!

What else do you need?
By CMW on 07/02/08 08:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my beloved Avalanche on this black pearl magnum with the 18" nice rims due to my wife not needing a huge vehicle anymore. One test drive, and found myself searching the globe for the Magnum I wanted. My wife begged me not to get rid of the Avalanche, but after a week of driving the Magnum, she hasn't looked back.

Still lovin' it!
By simplijm on 03/19/08 07:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 06' to replace my aging Durango and from day one it was a great choice. Even though I did not get the AWD, it still rocks in any weather, with the addition of Blizzaks for the winter. I'm 6'4" and it is really comfortable, plus with two car seats in the back, the kids have enough room too. I put the whole family in and we go looking fo twisty turny roads to play on. With the autostick, I can run that car pretty hard and it just keeps asking for more. Cruises really nicely for the 25 mile each way commute, but gotta keep an eye on it. I tend to enjoy driving and sometimes look down and see 80 when I'm just having fun. Definitely a family car for dad to have fun in!

Never Thought I'd Love This Car
By Cass on 11/09/07 10:16 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When my husband traded my PT Cruiser for a one year old Dodge Magnum, I was a little skeptical about the choice because it was so much larger than the Cruiser. Was I pleasantly surprised! I love this car; it is so comfortable, so easy to handle, and comes in handy on Fridays when I take friends to lunch. The ability to manuever the car is superior, I can back up easily into a parking space and it's great for hauling everything from the dogs to bags of mulch to groceries.

'06 Magnum
By Phil on 06/09/07 22:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My SXT AWD is the most fun auto I've ever owned. It has head-turning style and a performance package that allows the car to be a king on the road.

My Magnum Rocks!
By Karen on 06/02/07 15:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I sell Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep products, and have been looking closely at the 300, Charger and Magnum for some time. Comparing all things equally, my Magnum fits my kids and their stuff (hockey, lacrosse, football and all other equipment), and my golf clubs and my hubby's. It has the hot looks of a sexy sportscar, but has the capability of a family sedan. I feel great driving this amazing vehicle, and working as a Sales and Leasing Consultant, I get to drive dozens and dozens of vehicles and models all the time! I love my leather interior, sunroof, autostick and Boston Acoustics stereo for when I want to crank it up!

Nice Wagon
By Rollin on 01/10/07 17:19 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Black metallic with blacked out windows looks cool. Nice bark from the 3.5L V-6 (don't bother with the 2.7 rental car engine, get the 3.5 or the V8 Hemi). Excellent highway handling. Great seating even in mid grade SXT. Quiet. Solid feeling construction. Cool interior.

Awesome car Dad!
By javaguyinaz on 11/16/06 13:05 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have only had it 4 weeks, and I love the car. I have been approached twice asking about the car. I bought the car used, saved myself $4K. I will not miss my Surburban. My 8 yr old will only go with Dad, forget about the minivan.

SXT 2WD 2006 3.5 250hp V6
By SXT2WD_Guy on 11/05/06 08:28 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have just purchased this car recently and took a trip of about 1000kl/600mi. loved the way the car handled and comfort was very good. Fuel mileage was above my expectation as I averaged 39.84 mpg hwy and 34.32 city, very excited about that. 3.5 engine has lots of power and is all that is needed in this wonderful wagon

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.