Used 2006 Dodge Magnum RT Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

Money Pit
By Chris

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had many problems with my Magnum RT. Wheels started to corrode, transmission leaked, windshield wiper controls had to be replaced (all fixed under warranty). Had to replace factory tires at 31,000 miles, replaced a tie-rod at about 40,000 miles, and the brake rotors warped. Wiper controls were again acting up, and a noise started in the front suspension when I finally decided to trade it off. Loved the power and looks, but it had to go. Build and component quality was awful. This car turned me off of Dodge products.

Favorite Features

Power and exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

Build it with better quality parts.

Awesome
By baycity

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 3rd Yukon Denali 3 years ago for this car and I love it. I didn't need a big SUV, but I still needed the use of a utility vehicle for my business, kids and dogs. This car is great. I average 20mpg with the 5.7 Hemi. I can have my cake and eat it too. I leased the car back in 2006 and just thought I would lease or buy another car when my time was up, but Chrysler sent me an offer I couldn't refuse. If I buy the car at the end of the lease, Chrysler will take a substantial amount off the residual buyout amount in the contract, so Iv'e decided to buy the car. 3 years and 57K miles later I haven't had any problems except with the navi which is a minor repair hopefully.

Favorite Features

Hemi

Suggested Improvements

None

Fun and flexible.
By ACM

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I went from a 2006 Honda Odyssey (3 steering racks in 20,000 miles was 3 too many) to the RT. The cargo volume is not quite that of the van but it is good. Four guys and golf bags are handled with ease. The gas mileage to date (5500 miles) is one mile to the gallon worse than the Honda. The fun to drive factor is approximately 8.5 out of 10. If you have to drive a wagon this is the one that will make you smile. I can only imagine how much fun the SRT8 must be to drive. I am already planning some tweaks to the engine and suspension because the chassis is just so good that it begs for more power and better spring rates. This really is a great platform, hats off to the engineers at Dodge

Favorite Features

The interior passenger space, the Hemi,the brakes, good gas mileage for a vehicle this size with 340 hp. The seats are quite comfortable. The Mercedes sourced rear wheel drive and multi link rear suspension handle very well.

Suggested Improvements

Stiffer spring rates and softer shocks. Throw away the Continental tires which even the dealers call junk. Upgrade the interior plastics. Mute points since this fabulous example of what can be built in North America, has been axed by the bean counters.

Should have bought it sooner
By Tom's NYC Review

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car used with only 80 miles on it and got a super deal, number 1. I was statisfied with the price, leather , styling, sunroof, and the space. Hope it would be as powerful as my 1970 Cutlass which I missed dearly, and holy cow it was. Not only was it peppy and powerful but I had all the safety and comfort of a car built today. And yes, it does get good gas mileage when driven nicely, which I personally cannot do! Wish I did not have to deal with all the lovely traffic of NYC, then I can really open it up

Favorite Features

Powerful Hemi engine, space, comfort, simple interior styling, fun to drive feel in a practical car.

Suggested Improvements

Yes, like stated by other reviewers, the interior needs some beefing up, suppose the panels and rugs would see better days sooner than later.

What a Car!
By lovethiscar

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Traded my Civic for this (too small) knowing that I would be giving up my great fuel economy and it was worth it! Tons of room, a blast to drive. Took it 3000 mi. to Florida and back and it drove like a dream. 23 MPG HWY and 17 City. Came back to a blizzard and this car is a tank! Worried about the RWD but it goes through snow like butter. Trying to keep my foot light on the gas to improve fuel economy but it's so hard! Even my husband and kids love it!

Favorite Features

Safety features, roomy, decent stereo, heated leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

None.