2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:
Money Pit
By Chris on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had many problems with my Magnum RT. Wheels started to corrode, transmission leaked, windshield wiper controls had to be replaced (all fixed under warranty). Had to replace factory tires at 31,000 miles, replaced a tie-rod at about 40,000 miles, and the brake rotors warped. Wiper controls were again acting up, and a noise started in the front suspension when I finally decided to trade it off. Loved the power and looks, but it had to go. Build and component quality was awful. This car turned me off of Dodge products.

Awesome
By baycity on 01/07/09 12:55 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 3rd Yukon Denali 3 years ago for this car and I love it. I didn't need a big SUV, but I still needed the use of a utility vehicle for my business, kids and dogs. This car is great. I average 20mpg with the 5.7 Hemi. I can have my cake and eat it too. I leased the car back in 2006 and just thought I would lease or buy another car when my time was up, but Chrysler sent me an offer I couldn't refuse. If I buy the car at the end of the lease, Chrysler will take a substantial amount off the residual buyout amount in the contract, so Iv'e decided to buy the car. 3 years and 57K miles later I haven't had any problems except with the navi which is a minor repair hopefully.

Fun and flexible.
By ACM on 04/05/08 23:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I went from a 2006 Honda Odyssey (3 steering racks in 20,000 miles was 3 too many) to the RT. The cargo volume is not quite that of the van but it is good. Four guys and golf bags are handled with ease. The gas mileage to date (5500 miles) is one mile to the gallon worse than the Honda. The fun to drive factor is approximately 8.5 out of 10. If you have to drive a wagon this is the one that will make you smile. I can only imagine how much fun the SRT8 must be to drive. I am already planning some tweaks to the engine and suspension because the chassis is just so good that it begs for more power and better spring rates. This really is a great platform, hats off to the engineers at Dodge

Should have bought it sooner
By Tom's NYC Review on 03/13/08 20:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car used with only 80 miles on it and got a super deal, number 1. I was statisfied with the price, leather , styling, sunroof, and the space. Hope it would be as powerful as my 1970 Cutlass which I missed dearly, and holy cow it was. Not only was it peppy and powerful but I had all the safety and comfort of a car built today. And yes, it does get good gas mileage when driven nicely, which I personally cannot do! Wish I did not have to deal with all the lovely traffic of NYC, then I can really open it up

What a Car!
By lovethiscar on 01/22/08 14:36 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Traded my Civic for this (too small) knowing that I would be giving up my great fuel economy and it was worth it! Tons of room, a blast to drive. Took it 3000 mi. to Florida and back and it drove like a dream. 23 MPG HWY and 17 City. Came back to a blizzard and this car is a tank! Worried about the RWD but it goes through snow like butter. Trying to keep my foot light on the gas to improve fuel economy but it's so hard! Even my husband and kids love it!

Rate this vehicle
By magnum on 01/20/08 09:32 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The best all around vehicle I've ever owned. Sporty, family fun, looks great inside and out. Rides, drives like I said all around.

SRT8 Power House
By William Miller on 01/06/08 13:02 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I first owned a 2005 SXT Magnum, black w/tinted windows and 17" alloy rims, I loved that car. My daughter said it looked like a hearse. It could have been an instant muscle car but the 3.5 L V6 just didn't have it.I mean the 3.5 is a great motor just not the Horse power I wanted. So I bought a 2006 SRT8 w/ the 6.1 L Hemi. Wow! It's balck just like the one before and a whole lot faster. The power is almost unbelivable between the two. I miss the all leather seats and moon roof the SXT had. The 20" rims make for a little more bumpy ride but the handling is superior. Lots of power and good looks!It's what I wanted when I bought my first Magnum.

Best car I ever bought
By vjklander on 07/28/07 12:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I looked around for a new car and came down to the Chrysler A300, Dodge Charger, and the Dodge Magnum. When we saw the all-black Magnum we just loved the styling and found the rear cargo space desirable since we often need to take her parents to doctor's appointments and the wheelchair fits easily.

Fast and Fun
By Leslie on 05/14/07 13:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

All in all I will have to say this is my all time favorite car! Love the power! No more waiting to get out in traffic. Plenty of cargo space and seats are very comfy. The only downside is that it is so peppy that we can't seem to keep our foot off of the gas! We were sold from the test drive on this car. If you're going to get one, get the Hemi! It is well worth it!

50000 and going
By Dave on 02/19/07 21:01 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

16 months and over 55,000 miles, what you have is the very good, and the very bad. First the good, power, space for my big frame 6'3", 280lbs, and lots of boxes. Nice, but not overwhelming interior, nav, heated seats, adjustable pedals, all the good stuff. Now the bad, horrible dealer service, makes me want to go back to Toyotas, and Hondas. Priced the 60,000 service one dealer wanted $850.00, another wanted $470.00. I've had a thumping noise in the right front since 21,000 miles, been to the dealer 4 times they can't find it.Serveral rattles, in the dash, and hatch. I will not buy another Dodge simply because of the dealer service.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.