Used 2006 Dodge Magnum SE Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

2006 Dodge Magnum SE
By Jnet_2006

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am very happy with my magnum. I was looking a car with a lot of room. My magnum is a car with the space of a SUV. It has the small V6 so the gas mileage is not all that bad. I would of never got a SUV with 51,000 miles for the great price I paid for my car. My 2006 Magnum is like new.

My Magnum is sporty with lots of room. It drives and looks likes a new car. It is a great family car with a touch of chrome & style.

Another I Love My Magnum

2006 SE 2.7
By knowles

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love the style. Mine has color matched 22" chrome wheels...had a side wall puncture. Can't replace just one tire and had to go to several places to find a good tire in stock since I did not want to wait to order tires. Cost for 2 was pricey but that has nothing to do with the car. Also, to anyone thinking about beefing up the look with big tires and rims, okay for around town but you lose some of the quality in the ride. Have tried to figure out why but no one can give me an answer. Non the less, with the color coordinated rims (car is metallic red) it's an eye catcher. No mechanical problems. It's a 2006 SE 2.7 with 40,000. I wasn't looking to win a race and don't want a gas hog.

Low profile, roomy, great for travel.Got a Magnum from a rental co. when we went on vacation (5000 RT) and were sold on it. Gas mileage was great considering it was pretty loaded and great driving on the hwy. Came home and bought mine. No regrets.

Yeah, the interior could be a bit more plush. Had a speaker problem right away (vibration) and took car back to dealer. Attitude from dealership could be better especially when you return a car with a flaw that you just drove off of the showroom floor.

Fun & quality
By Greg L.

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is a very large car that handles like a sports car. Corners flat, breaks straight, very comfortable ride and considering the too small engine, it has good acceleration. It does NOT like to pull a trailer, but if you're reasonable it's okay with that too. The drivers seat is far too narrow, I'm a big guy and have to find just the right spot to get comfortable. Some people don't like the sparten interior, but I like the design. However, a little less of a plastic look would be nice. The exterior design is outstanding and there are lots of storage pockets and nooks and crannies. The standard tires are just adequate, but in Canada you really do need snow tires for winter safety.

The exterior design is great, a head turner for sure. The cruise control leavers are awkward at first, but I've grown to like them and actually prefer them to the usual steering wheel buttons. I like the tilt and telescopic steering wheel; it sure makes long trips more enjoyable.

The base engine should have been more powerful considering the weight of the car. The parking brake drops down of it's own accord and the dealer seems to be unable to stop that annoying little quirk. I like the car an will keep it for years, but it has NOT held it's value. Don't know why.

Value Magnum
By R. Guimond

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the base Magnum back in July 05 when my wife totaled her PT Cruiser. This car is a great driving car and we get 24MPG overall with the 2.7 liter engine. Mileage is very comparable to the many small SUVs we were looking at before we decided to buy our Magnum. The 2.7L engine is lively and responsive and we've experienced no problems mechanically.

Smooth Ride, Exterior Styling, Good gas mileage for a car this size. Lot's of room inside. Love the smaller window sizes--more shade.

Needs better OEM tires. The Goodyear Integritys that came with the car were horrible and replaced in less than two years. Interior fit and finish could be better.

Grand Dad's Hot Rod
By Dandeman

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This Inferno Red number turns the heads of young and old. This is not your ordinary grandad's wagon.

The classical styling that I thought was gone forever in favor of the shoe boxes being put out.

A standard towing package and GPS.