Used 2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

The beauty can mask anything
By nbrandl

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a mechanic, I bought my 2006 Dodge Magnum 3.5 High Output AWD a year ago with 54,600 miles on it. As always, I performed a full vehicle check on the car before purchasing it. I loved this car, it was fast fun, elegant, and provided everything I needed, at first. Since I bought it I have had numerous mechanical, programing, and electrical issues currently totaling to $4,500 dollars. Just to give an idea, at 70,000 miles my throttle just went out (this isn't included in what I have already spent) and I now have to replace the entire intake system which is going to cost around $2,200 (these costs don't include mechanics fees, which will potentially double the costs) *A battery cost $300

Unreal
By brian714oc

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

i own a 2006 rt with the hemi and let me tell u it one heck of a car i couldnt complain on any day of the week cause in the end of them all i have my magnum to run to and with , dodge did something not to many have and thats impress me

Favorite Features

EVERYTHING THE STLE PEFORMANCE AND FACT NOT TO MANY AROUND WHUCH MAKES MINE STAND OUT

Suggested Improvements

NONE MAKE MORE SO I CAN TRADE MINE IN WHEN I HIT 200,000 MPLUS

New Owner
By fds1961

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I drove a Dodge Charger last year and like the ride, so when it was time for a new car I went for the Magnum. I like to be able to load stuff the flea market and go fishing so I went with the wagon. It was like driving a SUV, and the speed!!! I had to check myself a few times, but this is the most powerful car I ever had. I drove a Nissan Altima for 2 years and this is a whole new class of car. Stylish, fast, a real head turner. It had over 80,000 miles, but you can't tell by the way it rides and excels on the road. So far so good, it seem to be a well build wagon with AWD for the snow, glad that I got this....

Favorite Features

Hemi, AWD, body style.....

Money Pit
By Chris

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had many problems with my Magnum RT. Wheels started to corrode, transmission leaked, windshield wiper controls had to be replaced (all fixed under warranty). Had to replace factory tires at 31,000 miles, replaced a tie-rod at about 40,000 miles, and the brake rotors warped. Wiper controls were again acting up, and a noise started in the front suspension when I finally decided to trade it off. Loved the power and looks, but it had to go. Build and component quality was awful. This car turned me off of Dodge products.

Favorite Features

Power and exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

Build it with better quality parts.

06 R/T AWD
By alambra

2006 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

What an unbelievable machine. I have never driven anything like it. Perfectly engineered, meticulously designed. Simply perfect. It's time for Toyota to stop relentlessly pursuing perfection. Because Dodge got there first with the magnum rt. The power is unbelievable. Handling outstanding. And comfort is second to none. I've been a mustang owner and lover for the past 15 years. But now, after driving this magnum hemi for less than a week, I'm in love with it. With 82k miles it feels as if it just rolled off the assembly line and into my garage. Simply amazing automobile.

Favorite Features

power, power, power, looks, handling, everything

Suggested Improvements

none..