2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 - Consumer Reviews

SRT-8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (21 reviews )
It's a wagon!
By william van dusen on 03/05/10 09:33 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

My car 06 magnum srt-8 drives perfect for road racing, acceleration stopping night driving, looks (without a doubt) when backing just force yourself to turn your old tired body around an take a good look, blind spot is there in the back. Only thing I can see is when trying to drive down long straight roads the long wheelbase and ten inch tread in the front goes away from straight much easier than smaller tread tires but it corners unbelievable for a 4,300 lb. wagon with a long wheelbase, I'll take the cornering ability anytime. Ownership of my car has been a long time coming (since 1962) I've always coveted the big cubic inch Dodges and Plymouths, HA thought it was crippling at 4,600.00,

SRTGreat
By trotime on 01/24/07 12:15 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I tracked the SRT8 Magnum since it was first shown and then in to production. Since my wife has a R/T Magnum, when I could get an SRT8 there was no hesitation. It is quick, I have out performed many much higher priced cars, walked away from a M5, X5 and other hi pro cars. The car is a natural street "looker" and is well liked by "car people". The Red Pearl color is perfect and reinforces the design and general performance stance. I think Dodge has a winner here and every day I drive it I like it more. No matter what my mood, it gets better when I fire up the 6.1 Hemi. The only thing I would change is to make the exhaust "growl" more at idle and normal low end driving.

Needs Subtle Changes
By Jim Farmer on 12/28/06 08:33 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

The SRT8 Magnum is a thrill to drive and brings back muscle car excitment! As your heartbeat increases and your palms get moist, you accelerate from a complete stop, the G-forces press you into the seat and you smile as the speedometer eclipses the century mark in under 13 seconds. The highly bolstered seat holds you comfortably in place as you execute corners like you're glued to the road. This automobile is also practical because you can take along three passengers and their luggage with ease. I would recommend you at least test drive a SRT8 vehicle before you buy anything else!

Family mans sprts car
By lovemesomesrt8 on 12/26/06 22:52 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

When you need a car that can haul and haul your stuff this is it. A true sleeper. I stepped up from a SRT4 and never looked back. If only it had the 300C interior and a bigger rumble out the exhaust. You have to go with black as your color choice. It looks so mean in black. Uses a lot of gas but what 6.1L station wagon doesn't? Ride is smooth and seats are great for long trips. Easy to drive with a great turn radius. U-turns are a breeze. Stops on a dime and handles better than most cars on the road. If you can afford a SRT8 go for it.

Brenda's
By srt8* on 12/15/06 17:12 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I love my SRT8 and am still amazed at its driving capabilies and stopping power. This car is a must for a hot rod momma!

Great Fun Family Wagon
By Manny on 11/27/06 14:47 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

A great excuse to buy a hotrod and say it's for the family. Amazing perforance as expected. You sink into the deep bucket seats when you step on the gas. A lot of looks and compliments from other drivers and curious onlookers. Fun and functional, I can carry my boys in the back and still have plenty of room in the front for me. I'm 6-4 so that was important. A real sleeper for people that don't recognize what exactly the SRT-8 badge means. I have routinely smoked other unsuspecting sports cars. Always great fun.

Dodge Magnum SRT8
By charlie on 10/17/06 16:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This car has great power, great styling, and gets pretty good gas mileage, but it rides like a Caddy and handles like a Vette. The thing I like about this car is that it seats 5 and has plenty of cargo room. I was a little afraid to buy it ,but once I drove it, and my wife drove it, I realized I made the right choice

Happy with my SRT8 Magnum
By AGD on 10/13/06 19:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I traded a Volvo V70R for the Magnum SRT8 and I haven't regretted my decision. This car is a blast to drive. it's just so darn fast when you get on it. My 5 year old calls it the "Mommy Hot Rod".

Fun and Functional
By SRT84JM on 10/12/06 18:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Two words describe this vehicle: fun and functionality. MPG? No. SPM (smiles per mile) outstanding!

I love my Magnum
By Step Tyner on 08/10/06 13:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Aside from rather poor rear quarter visibility, that impossible-not-to- damage-while-parking lower front clip, and a seeming inability to "memorize" my garage door opener code, the car has been entirely trouble free. The concept is a superb one. Who says station wagons have to be snails? The interior cargo space includes handy grocery racks and a host of fascinating little compartments and such. And, while the interior decor is a bit Spartan, the seats are comfortable and all the controls are conveniently placed.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.