2006 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:
The beauty can mask anything
By nbrandl on 01/22/12 10:44 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum SXT 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a mechanic, I bought my 2006 Dodge Magnum 3.5 High Output AWD a year ago with 54,600 miles on it. As always, I performed a full vehicle check on the car before purchasing it. I loved this car, it was fast fun, elegant, and provided everything I needed, at first. Since I bought it I have had numerous mechanical, programing, and electrical issues currently totaling to $4,500 dollars. Just to give an idea, at 70,000 miles my throttle just went out (this isn't included in what I have already spent) and I now have to replace the entire intake system which is going to cost around $2,200 (these costs don't include mechanics fees, which will potentially double the costs) *A battery cost $300

Unreal
By brian714oc on 05/31/11 22:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

i own a 2006 rt with the hemi and let me tell u it one heck of a car i couldnt complain on any day of the week cause in the end of them all i have my magnum to run to and with , dodge did something not to many have and thats impress me

New Owner
By fds1961 on 03/19/11 16:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I drove a Dodge Charger last year and like the ride, so when it was time for a new car I went for the Magnum. I like to be able to load stuff the flea market and go fishing so I went with the wagon. It was like driving a SUV, and the speed!!! I had to check myself a few times, but this is the most powerful car I ever had. I drove a Nissan Altima for 2 years and this is a whole new class of car. Stylish, fast, a real head turner. It had over 80,000 miles, but you can't tell by the way it rides and excels on the road. So far so good, it seem to be a well build wagon with AWD for the snow, glad that I got this....

Money Pit
By Chris on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had many problems with my Magnum RT. Wheels started to corrode, transmission leaked, windshield wiper controls had to be replaced (all fixed under warranty). Had to replace factory tires at 31,000 miles, replaced a tie-rod at about 40,000 miles, and the brake rotors warped. Wiper controls were again acting up, and a noise started in the front suspension when I finally decided to trade it off. Loved the power and looks, but it had to go. Build and component quality was awful. This car turned me off of Dodge products.

06 R/T AWD
By alambra on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

What an unbelievable machine. I have never driven anything like it. Perfectly engineered, meticulously designed. Simply perfect. It's time for Toyota to stop relentlessly pursuing perfection. Because Dodge got there first with the magnum rt. The power is unbelievable. Handling outstanding. And comfort is second to none. I've been a mustang owner and lover for the past 15 years. But now, after driving this magnum hemi for less than a week, I'm in love with it. With 82k miles it feels as if it just rolled off the assembly line and into my garage. Simply amazing automobile.

Proud of my Magnum
By Joel on 08/23/10 14:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Man, this thing is huge - at 4500 lbs it weighs as much my wife's mininvan! And, it drives like it, too - not exactly "agile." I would have never payed $35,000 for a new one, but for $13,000 w/65,000 miles I think it was a steal, and it's one of the coolest looking cars ever. Doesn't feel as fast as you might think it would, and gas mileage still not good even w/cylinder management. But, every time I look at it or smash the gas, it makes me smile. Oh, and it'll hold quite a bit of crap, too.

2006 Dodge Magnum SE
By Jnet_2006 on 07/17/10 07:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am very happy with my magnum. I was looking a car with a lot of room. My magnum is a car with the space of a SUV. It has the small V6 so the gas mileage is not all that bad. I would of never got a SUV with 51,000 miles for the great price I paid for my car. My 2006 Magnum is like new.

2006 SE 2.7
By knowles on 04/29/10 07:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum SE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love the style. Mine has color matched 22" chrome wheels...had a side wall puncture. Can't replace just one tire and had to go to several places to find a good tire in stock since I did not want to wait to order tires. Cost for 2 was pricey but that has nothing to do with the car. Also, to anyone thinking about beefing up the look with big tires and rims, okay for around town but you lose some of the quality in the ride. Have tried to figure out why but no one can give me an answer. Non the less, with the color coordinated rims (car is metallic red) it's an eye catcher. No mechanical problems. It's a 2006 SE 2.7 with 40,000. I wasn't looking to win a race and don't want a gas hog.

It's a wagon!
By william van dusen on 03/05/10 09:33 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

My car 06 magnum srt-8 drives perfect for road racing, acceleration stopping night driving, looks (without a doubt) when backing just force yourself to turn your old tired body around an take a good look, blind spot is there in the back. Only thing I can see is when trying to drive down long straight roads the long wheelbase and ten inch tread in the front goes away from straight much easier than smaller tread tires but it corners unbelievable for a 4,300 lb. wagon with a long wheelbase, I'll take the cornering ability anytime. Ownership of my car has been a long time coming (since 1962) I've always coveted the big cubic inch Dodges and Plymouths, HA thought it was crippling at 4,600.00,

Satisfied in PA with black R/T AWD
By ACM on 07/01/09 07:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Magnum RT 4dr Wagon AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Traved to Michigan from PA to by this car used with 28,000 on it.Downsized from a 01 AWD Towne and Country Limited.This car is fast without a doubt and functional to boot. I have hauled my 20' extension ladder and wheelbarrow in the back with the seats folded down. More than enough room for the dog. Had to replace both outer tie rods(under warranty) and o2 sensor (warranty ran out) but still happy with the vehicle. Will add roof rack.Great in the snow with snow tires as I have owned 4 wheel drive and AWD before.Got to have it here in this area. Have to wait and see how it holds up but so far so good.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.