Used 2005 Dodge Magnum Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

Let's Drive
By koolade70

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great car. Look at them at the Auto Show when they first came out. Trunk space seemed small for two kids with double stroller. Decided kids could stay in wife's Suburban. Has 5.7 Hemi, 340 HP plenty to make this car move. Great car to customize, very unique and seems like a "Magnum Club" when driving. Next vehicle will be the same with the 6.1 Hemi. I am 6'4" and have plenty of room in the drivers seat.

Unique styling - great customization possibilities.

None

So far So good, but have a few concerns
By cleary524

2005 Dodge Magnum RT AWD 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought R/T AWD in May 08, Wicked fun to drive! R/T has good pickup in the 3k+ rpm range. Little sluggish off the line. The front suspension concerns me. Has a clunking noise when you run over an abrupt bump (possible tie-rod end ($100) or ball joints($700) I've been told). Front tires seem to be wearing on the outer edges a little prematurely. New Pirelli's=$$ Plan to change tie rod ends with grease fitted ends soon and then rotate tires and realign. Fuel econ is not the best. Around town I've gotten 19 mph. Hope this car stands test of time though? I sold a good Buick Regal GS for this.

Raw R/T power. Had fun in a gravel lot with ESC off, he he. Car sticks to the ground with AWD. Bring on the winter! Great stereo, CD changer, NAV, hands free phone all nice feature. Homelink for garage nice. Car came used with all the fancy's. Plenty of storage to bring the dog and kid to the beach.

New Pirelli tires seem to be wearing quickly. Steering pulls to the right. Front end parts look a little cheap. Interior comfort needs just a little refining. Arm rest on doors & center console for elbows hard and left edge of drivers seat cushion for fanny. Low ground clearance (4-in=winter concern

I want another one!
By Bill

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used with 97k on the odometer. Wife wasn't sure about it until she drove it and fell in love with it like me. I was really surprised with the "snap" it has for a 2.7, it handles beautifully, and it gets pretty good mileage too (28.5 on a 500 mile round trip at 70mph). Only problems so far are alignment (front inner and outer ball joints already, need to do rears) and my wife wishes it had better lumbar support. Other than that we both love the styling and roominess and wish they weren't discontinuing these cars. I am currently trying to talk my wife into another for me to drive!

Surprising performance, styling

Keep making them dang it!!!

Couldn't ask for a better wagon!
By Jon

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this car. When I was looking for a car to trade-in for I wanted something with style that stood out from the rest. I would have to agree that the car is difficult to keep in alignment but for a heavy car the mileage is great. We have three daughters and always have enough room for car seats and all of their stuff. A must is the Electronic Stability Program - it really works great on icy roads.

Body Style and the Inferno Red Color

Moving the cruise control lever and better front end construction to eliminate the alignment problems.

I like my " monster"
By Davide

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car used, 1 year old, with 19,000 miles. Now the car has 60,000 miles, the few problems are just little annoyances, the battery light comes on most of the time 10 seconds after I start the car and the driver's side door sometime does not open using the remote. The rest is great. Style, engine, comfort, space. I average 24 mpg in the summer, 21 mpg in the winter, on the highway, not bad for a 5000 Pound car. I am very happy with this car. The handling in the snow is good for a rwd.

Style, space and comfort

My car came with a 4 speed auto. wish I had the 5 speed like the new one.