Used 2005 Dodge Magnum Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

Couldn't ask for a better wagon!
By Jon

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this car. When I was looking for a car to trade-in for I wanted something with style that stood out from the rest. I would have to agree that the car is difficult to keep in alignment but for a heavy car the mileage is great. We have three daughters and always have enough room for car seats and all of their stuff. A must is the Electronic Stability Program - it really works great on icy roads.

Favorite Features

Body Style and the Inferno Red Color

Suggested Improvements

Moving the cruise control lever and better front end construction to eliminate the alignment problems.

I like my " monster"
By Davide

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car used, 1 year old, with 19,000 miles. Now the car has 60,000 miles, the few problems are just little annoyances, the battery light comes on most of the time 10 seconds after I start the car and the driver's side door sometime does not open using the remote. The rest is great. Style, engine, comfort, space. I average 24 mpg in the summer, 21 mpg in the winter, on the highway, not bad for a 5000 Pound car. I am very happy with this car. The handling in the snow is good for a rwd.

Favorite Features

Style, space and comfort

Suggested Improvements

My car came with a 4 speed auto. wish I had the 5 speed like the new one.

Family Hauler + Hemi Fun = SUV Alt
By Toonzz

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just traded my Durango for the Hemi powered Magnum. Frankly the family didn't need all the space in trade for MPG's. I had to have the utility of an SUV just not the size, but I personally wanted some style. The Magnum was the only option. Toss in the Hemi and it was a no-brainer. I love the agility and responsiveness of the Magnum, the wife loves the practicality, and the kids aren't embarrassed to be seen in it. I've only had it a few days, so the verdict is still out on the quality and reliability. Everything else is nothing less than perfection, given all other things being relatively equal. I hope to enjoy it for many years to come.

Favorite Features

MPG's | Hemi power | Exterior style | Interior creature comforts | Utility | Fun factor

Suggested Improvements

Aux (MP3) | Onboard HD | Upgrade interior materials | Cruise control placement

Love the Car Hate theTransmission Leaks
By Barb

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Over all I love the look and handling of this car. Plenty of room for the grandkids and all their toys, etc. On the highway gets decent gas mileage however, the intown mileage stinks. The price you pay for the HEMI. Main concern is the transmission leaks and the wheel alignments. We've had it to the dealership twice for both issues and were assured that the problem was fixed; 5 months later we have another transmission leak and it already feels like the front end is out of alignment. (We just purchased new tires before the last alignment)Tires are very expensive for this car and they are already showing significant wear without a lot of miles on them.

Favorite Features

The interior comfort, the stereo, and the nav system. With the Hemi it is definitely not your Granny's wagon. Very sleek styling. Fun to drive with plenty of get up and go.

Suggested Improvements

Get the issues resolved with the transmission leaks and alignment factors.

Excellent
By Richard

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I plan on keeping my magnum to it just can't go anymore. I get excellent gas mileage (27 MPG on the highway). Thank God I didn't get the Hemi. :) I have over 86,000 miles on it with no major engine problems. I keep up on the maintenance. I love my car.

Favorite Features

Smooth highway driving

Suggested Improvements

None since there not going to make the vehicle any longer.