2005 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:
2005 Magnum
By Navin on 01/12/07 09:14 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Dodge Magnum RT combines great looks with fantastic performance. With the tow package you can pull 3800lbs- a fair size boat or trailer. The car is far more comfortable than you would expect. Excellent seats for the long haul. We drove 550 miles in one day with a 4 year-old in the back and towing a jet-ski, no problem. Even stopped at a museum for a few hours. The luggage capacity is great for travel and with the back seat down you can load an enormous amount of stuff into the vehicle.

Great Wagon
By Mike on 01/12/07 06:38 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This Magnum was a dealer demo with 4900 miles on it. I have had it for 8 months and it now has 19000 miles on it. The car has been great and has required no repairs. Very comfortable to drive the long distances that are required, at times. Getting 22-26 mpg. Would not trade it for any other wagon on the market in its price range. First wagon that I have ever owned that my kids even liked!

Best car I have ever bought
By Jakey on 01/05/07 04:31 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car has all the toots and whistles of a sports car. It also has plenty of function in its storage and passenger capacity. Lots of room and lots of voom! I love it!

Dodge Magnum
By TOM on 12/22/06 14:42 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The most comfortable car to drive on a trip. Has plenty of get up and go for a 6 cylinder. I love my Magnum.

German Influence
By Lars on 12/22/06 07:51 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

You can tell that Mercedes has been involved in the quality of this car. Good tight feeling when you are driving. Handles well in any weather-I live in Northeast Ohio. I bought the car used and have 38,000 miles on it at present. The only problem I had was the tie rod ends needed replaced at 35,000 miles. Started to hear tire noise in the front end and realized the tread was beginning to wear uneven. Not happy with having to spend money on this at 38,000 miles. Mileage good be better. Drove to Wilmington NC and averaged 21 mpg. Love the engine and transmission though-good reponse.

Love My Mag
By Deanna on 12/20/06 13:33 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This has got to be the best looking car I have owned. It's fun to drive and own. The only drawback to this car has been the lousy tires the car came with. I kept the tires on the car everytime I purchased until now. I just purchased my 4th set of tires since I purchased my car in 05-05. Other than that I love it.

Suckered by great styling
By Chuck B on 12/06/06 13:38 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I loved the styling of this car and had to purchase it shortly after it was released. I have had buyers remorse ever since. The reliability of this car has been atrocious and has been in the shop over 10 times within 15 months. #1- the car has pulled to the right since day 1 and they can't fix it. #2- periodic fuel injection issues that took 15 months to diagnose. #3- loud rear wheel noise that they can't repair. I also have to say that dealing with the 3 Dodge service centers and corporate has been a horrible experience. Lease is up in 7 months. I pity whoever gets it after me. I will never buy a Chrysler product again!

Family Wagon
By Mike on 11/15/06 20:22 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a car that I believe succesfully fulfills the niche inbetween a minivan, family wagon, and a performance sedan. Since I first saw and read about the Magnum I really liked it. After driving it, I loved it. The car is manueverable in the city and is a great freeway flyer that cruises at 85 MPH all day while getting 24-25 MPG with a 340 HP Hemi. Outstanding!

My Two Cents
By A. PHILIP on 11/11/06 09:15 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it to drive it in the snow, but changed my mind and still live in the south. I'm in the car business ( luxury sales) but fell in love with this car at first sight. One year and 16,000 miles later, I love it still! I have chipped it, and added a performance filter and exhaust. It is a blast. Wish I had the bought the RT though.

Very Pleased
By My Mag on 11/08/06 17:43 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Magnum last November. I love the car. I am having problems with water leaking in my doors and falls on the rocker panels. This freezes my doors shut in the winter. So far there doesn't seem to be a solution for this problem. All in all, the car is great. I love driving it. Handles well, looks excellent and is very comfortable to drive and to sit in. Has some blind spots but after driving it for awhile you get use to it. The windshield fogs on the inside quite easily and is hard to unfog for some reason, maybe because the windows are so small. I feel I've made the right choice buying the magnum.