Used 2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

Where is the quality?
By Xpender

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought my Magnum RT with only 30K, black, fully loaded, heated leather seats, GPS, CD changer, sunroof... Love to drive, lots of power, but a bit sluggish when driving in the city. The front end seems to be weak. Had a clucking noise from the front and it ended up being the both strut arms, and the sway bar bushings. Was also told that the tie rod were a bit loose. For that kind of low mileage, I would expect more durability. Winter driving was great. Traction control is almost always on, but had no problems. Would I buy another one, maybe, but it would have to be a car with a Hemi. Once you drove one (Hemi), you will get bored in any other vehicles.

Hemi, GPS, Sunroof, heated leather seats, reversible trunk carpet for wet dogs, transmission

Stronger front end

Junk
By bjstarnes

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Magnum with a hundred miles, first year out. I would not recommend this car or any other Dodge product to even my worst enemy! I have had my car in the shop at least 20 times in the past 2 years. 4 times in one year for the transmission! I have called Chrysler Corp about this issue and they do not stand behind their work, they will do nothing for me. If you know what's good for you do not buy this car!

Going broke from suspension problems.
By hubberd

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Tires wear every 15k miles. Car pulls to the right, dealer says every thing is OK after 3 alignments. After warranty expired, I have major issues with front end noises. Spent lots of money on tie rods, stabilizer links, tires, bushings, etc. I still have front end noises. My mechanic says get rid of it. Says car has multilink suspension. Too many parts that can break. People wonder why American car companies are going out of business. I'm buying a Toyota next.

Looks cool. All the bad far outweigh the cool looks.

Terrible engineering. Get rid of the Magnum. My 22,000 car is now worth 6,000.

I love this car
By Dan in IL

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my 05 Bonneville for the 05 Magnum SXT RWD 3.5L. I am 19 and this is the perfect car- it's definitely a sporty college kid car, and I got mine with under 20k miles for under $10k. What a steal! Gas mileage is not bad. I get 21mpg driving around town but I do a lot of interstate driving and i maintain 25-27mpg. Not better than my Bonneville no, but it certainly gets just as good gas mileage as any other car on the road today. I only wish I had a Magnum R/T. I want the dual chrome exhaust with the Hemi!

I love the design of the exterior and interior! Sunroof. Lots of room [I am 6,1]. Rear lift hatch and organization tray. Sound system. Sexy 18" chrome wheels

Bring it back

Awesome
By Big E

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Lots of room I have the special edition with Bose stereo Power everything moonroof . Would trade only for SRT version