2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:
Love the car, hate the repairs
By Jake on 09/17/07 16:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

First I will list the problems: 1. First set of Goodyear Integrity tires did not last long. The first winter I tried to find Snow tires but they did not exsist in that size. There is a little more selection now. 2. Needed the first set of new tie rods at 34,000 miles. 3. Front braked fell apart at 40K miles 4. At 50,600 miles it needed tie rods again and sway bar links. This time I used NAPA parts with a lifetime warranty. 5. One power window does not work. 6. Check engine light comes and goes but the dealer does not know whats wrong. With that all said I like the car, I fit in it(6'7"). Like the style, its lots of attention. But it makes it tough to reccommend with all the problems

2 year rating
By tsarge on 08/08/07 17:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

In 2 years had minor problems. Small tranny leak and a small rattle under the right front splash guard. That's it! I have gotten up to 27 mpg @ 70mph for a 120 miles. City is right around 16.

Tight car, no complaints
By DavidJames on 08/02/07 19:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love the Magnums. Love the Hemi. The power is amazing. It's smooth like an old Caddy. I have 2 kids and am very glad I went with this over a Charger, a lot roomier.

Sad Magnum
By Pam on 07/18/07 18:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2005 Magnum has numerous serious problems including several electical problems, and now although I have only had it 2 years the A/C no longer works. All parts have to be purchased from Dodge making all repairs very costly. Car sits very low to the ground and suffers from body damage due to this. Woulnd't buy another one although I love the look. Gas mileage is average.

Fantastic car!
By dnstrom on 04/23/07 13:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was a compromise between an SUV, sports car, luxury car, and an economy conscious car. What a perfect fit. It does all well and is fun to drive and be seen in! I already have a truck that gets 10 miles to the gallon and wanted something to fill the gap and yet I don't like most cars! Wow!

Silver Dodge Magnum 2005 AWD Hemi
By Ray Field on 04/16/07 12:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT AWD 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The vehicle is revolutionary. I wanted an alternative to an SUV. This car has it all. Speed, comfort, room, safety, sporty appearance, the list goes on. The price advantage for the vehicle against a comparable Mercedes or other Euro-wagon type makes the Magnum the clear choice.

Gas sucker
By pbardet on 03/27/07 08:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

After 2 years of ownership, I love the comfort and all the features I got in the car, but I hate the poor mileage. I've never been able to do more than 15-16mpg average with that car. In winter, I down to less than 12 mpg. This stinks big time, especially when it's advertised at 19mpg (city). Dealers/Chrysler won't do anything about it. Not their problem. I know for a fact (checked with other owners) that it's a problem with my car, not all the Magnums. I wish Chrysler would just look at it.

Fast enough for a man, but made for a woman!
By Inferno Red Princess on 03/13/07 10:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Even though I just got it I love it already! It attracts so much attention. The color is flawless. This baby runs go good. I was looking for something that comfortable and roomy for the kids, flashy and fast for my husband and me. I have heard that his car is a man's car, but I would recommend this vehicle to all moms! My slogan for my Maggie is: Hemi - Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman!

Very run to drive!
By MagOwner on 03/06/07 15:14 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought the R/T in 2005. Talk about a fun car to drive! The car is very easy to drive and handles very well.

Magnum Hooked
By JTZ on 02/18/07 06:59 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove more cars then carter has liver pills and this by far was the most solid feeling car I drove. I feel very safe in it, and I do not have any problem with blind spots. There are now rattles or squeaks and it is the quietest car inside when traveling down the road over anything else I tried.