Used 2005 Dodge Magnum Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Magnum

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

Going broke from suspension problems.
By hubberd

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Tires wear every 15k miles. Car pulls to the right, dealer says every thing is OK after 3 alignments. After warranty expired, I have major issues with front end noises. Spent lots of money on tie rods, stabilizer links, tires, bushings, etc. I still have front end noises. My mechanic says get rid of it. Says car has multilink suspension. Too many parts that can break. People wonder why American car companies are going out of business. I'm buying a Toyota next.

Favorite Features

Looks cool. All the bad far outweigh the cool looks.

Suggested Improvements

Terrible engineering. Get rid of the Magnum. My 22,000 car is now worth 6,000.

I love this car
By Dan in IL

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my 05 Bonneville for the 05 Magnum SXT RWD 3.5L. I am 19 and this is the perfect car- it's definitely a sporty college kid car, and I got mine with under 20k miles for under $10k. What a steal! Gas mileage is not bad. I get 21mpg driving around town but I do a lot of interstate driving and i maintain 25-27mpg. Not better than my Bonneville no, but it certainly gets just as good gas mileage as any other car on the road today. I only wish I had a Magnum R/T. I want the dual chrome exhaust with the Hemi!

Favorite Features

I love the design of the exterior and interior! Sunroof. Lots of room [I am 6,1]. Rear lift hatch and organization tray. Sound system. Sexy 18" chrome wheels

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back

Awesome
By Big E

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Lots of room I have the special edition with Bose stereo Power everything moonroof . Would trade only for SRT version

Let's Drive
By koolade70

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great car. Look at them at the Auto Show when they first came out. Trunk space seemed small for two kids with double stroller. Decided kids could stay in wife's Suburban. Has 5.7 Hemi, 340 HP plenty to make this car move. Great car to customize, very unique and seems like a "Magnum Club" when driving. Next vehicle will be the same with the 6.1 Hemi. I am 6'4" and have plenty of room in the drivers seat.

Favorite Features

Unique styling - great customization possibilities.

Suggested Improvements

None

So far So good, but have a few concerns
By cleary524

2005 Dodge Magnum RT AWD 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought R/T AWD in May 08, Wicked fun to drive! R/T has good pickup in the 3k+ rpm range. Little sluggish off the line. The front suspension concerns me. Has a clunking noise when you run over an abrupt bump (possible tie-rod end ($100) or ball joints($700) I've been told). Front tires seem to be wearing on the outer edges a little prematurely. New Pirelli's=$$ Plan to change tie rod ends with grease fitted ends soon and then rotate tires and realign. Fuel econ is not the best. Around town I've gotten 19 mph. Hope this car stands test of time though? I sold a good Buick Regal GS for this.

Favorite Features

Raw R/T power. Had fun in a gravel lot with ESC off, he he. Car sticks to the ground with AWD. Bring on the winter! Great stereo, CD changer, NAV, hands free phone all nice feature. Homelink for garage nice. Car came used with all the fancy's. Plenty of storage to bring the dog and kid to the beach.

Suggested Improvements

New Pirelli tires seem to be wearing quickly. Steering pulls to the right. Front end parts look a little cheap. Interior comfort needs just a little refining. Arm rest on doors & center console for elbows hard and left edge of drivers seat cushion for fanny. Low ground clearance (4-in=winter concern