2005 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:
Piece Of Junk
By Phil M on 05/17/08 19:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car was great for the first 38,000 miles, then the trans had to be rebuilt. Then at 40,000 mile the trans locked up and was replaced with a brand new one. Two weeks later the new trans had to be rebuilt! The car kept clunking and jerking, they found the drive shaft was bad so they replaced it. Then a strange noise appeared, sounded like a bad crankshaft, but found it was in the trans, so its being rebuilt again. All this in 4,000 miles. Whats really sad is that Chrysler could care less! I would never buy one of there products again! They know these transmissions are no good but they just keep using them.

Time for a "Hemi Moment"
By Tom on 04/30/08 06:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the styling and LOVE the Hemi. We have a family joke, "it's time for a Hemi moment" on the rare instances when traffic has us waiting. Overall, the Magnum RT is a good car. Deceptively fast as it's a heavy car (just watch the traffic fade away in the rear view). Handling is ok. Several small build issues: odometer was 10% off, alignment&tires are difficult to keep true, rotors and gasket on rear hatch have been replaced. Do not drive hard and then pull into a car wash - I'm convinced that the brake rotors wrapped because of this (warranty did cover).

Great Vehicle - A Good Buy
By Greg on 04/29/08 07:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Incredibly dumb that Chrysler discontinued this model. Without a doubt, the best looking wagon to come out of Detroit in decades. After three years, no problems to report on my 2005 R/T. Very fast, nice subtle exhaust note, great mileage - I averaged 27 on the highway at 65 mph. Really like how quiet the car is. Would recommend this as a used car or for those getting the last of the 2008s. Hope to pair this wagon up with a new Challenger in time after the initially rush for them slows down.

Amazing
By Luke on 04/28/08 17:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Quick review. - Fast - Great styling - 25+ highway MPG with the Hemi - Comfortable - Lose the Continentals and get some 255's all around

I love my Magnum!!!
By magnumamma on 04/25/08 18:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I really do. I usually switch cars every two years and have had this one for almost three now, and I plan on keeping it! Not only is it beautiful and unique, it is not bad on mileage for how large it is (I average 19- 20 mpg), it is great for a young mom like me, I can use the back trunk area space for changing diapers, and there is tons of room to get in to install the car seat, and store all the things I lug around. The only thing that has happened (knock on wood) is that the power steering hose blew after 4 months of ownership, but the warranty covered it no prob. It really is an awesome and reliable care, I work for Infiniti and prefer my Magnum over their newer vehicles.

Magnum 5.7 and happy.
By bird on 04/23/08 08:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the second Dodge I have purchased. I like the style and looks of the Magnum. The one item that I do not like is the self sealing tires. The first few miles you drive, it feels as if the tires are cement slabs.

I'm not a Soccer Mom in the Magnum
By Paul on 04/19/08 07:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is a family car with attitude. We love the aggressive styling inside and out. I love how the car just glides over the road, even with all the pot holes from this last winter. The only issue we have had so far is the washer sprayers on the hood broke. Those as well as most of the Magnums parts are "dealer only". We really didn't want to buy a mini van but that was what we where needing, so glad we found this instead.

If you can find one, buy one
By Dodge Magnum RT on 04/14/08 10:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have driven mine for almost 3 years and can report NO PROBLEMS. Lose the Conti tires and put on performance 255 wides and this car comes alive. Now it goes, corners and stops! I would buy a 2008 if I could find one. The RTs must come off a different line than the SXT's because I hardly ever hear of problems. If Chrysler would put in a better dash without all the charcoal gray, it would be an extraordinary car.

Chrysler Quality Sucks !!!
By EdwardR on 03/16/08 08:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2005 SXT AWD, new in June of 2005 (cost $31,500). Here is a list of the issues I've had with it. First, after only 30,000 miles, the factory Continental tires would not pass inspection. Second, after numerous visits to the dealer, about intermittent problems with the rear power windows, the window regulator seized up. Just outside of the warranty. (what a coincidence, and I have the other side to look forward to repairing now) The engine has been running rough for the last 27,000 miles and, of course, the dealer has been unable to diagnose or fix. They just perform the basic "shotgun" technique of plugs, wires, etc... I have had the transmission ROM flashed twice and was charged!

I Can Drive 55
By Debera on 03/13/08 09:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

After trading in my 1993 SHO for this I am jumping for joy. I have two 6ft 4 son's who fit in the back seat with room to spare. The trunk to the wagon has more then enough space, I call this my truck. Handling a load of one adult size wheelchair and four suit cases. The get up and go with my SXT 3.5 ltr high out put engine is enough for me, think of the ticket's I would have with the R/T. Handles well in all weather, only problem I have is it sit's very low to the road watch out for plastic bag they will get hung up on exhaust and start melting. Over all, I know I will have this wagon for atleast ten more years. And yes I can drive 55 but it does want to use it's power which is there