Used 2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

Not your ordinary station wagon.
By Cy

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great vehicle for the 30 - 40 something guy with a family. Gives you all the performance, luxury, and utility a family man could want. It's definitely a good compromise between performance and luxury. BTW... this is probably not a good daily commuter car since you'll never get the MPG Dodge advertises. Plus you have to buy medium grade fuel (89 or better). All that said, I like the car a lot. It's the best thing on the market now and for 2006.

Favorite Features

Hemi. Roominess. Profile. Tinted windows. Nominally quiet driving. 6 cd changer with MP3... say goodbye to your iPod!

Suggested Improvements

Seats are a little too flat and hard. Could use more plushness. Steering is a bit too stiff at low speed turning. Poor MPG for "displacement" engine. Not as good as advertised. Lack of manual tranny bites. Windshield wiper controls should be seperate from turn signal. Cruise control is awkward.

Excellent automobile
By john lindemann

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Fun to drive, very comfortable. Good looking, plenty of interior room. Fuel economy good, smooth running. Plenty of horse power at any speed. Would definetly reccomend this car.

Favorite Features

Auto stick, climate control, ease of handling for its size, moveable pedels, satellite radio built in.

Suggested Improvements

Should have DVD player, automatic hatch door in rear, louder exhaust.

FINALLY!!!
By CC

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove the RT and the SXT and decided to go with the Special Edition SXT that offered what I was looking for....being a "Grandma". I didn't think collecting speeding tickets with the Hemi would set a good example. I picked it up and drove all day...what FUN..all the comments about people looking and pointing and asking questions are TRUE!!!! I had read and read all the reviews for the past 3 mos.and really wondered if it wasn't just being overrated by everyone..After going 2 miles on the test drive, I was a believer..As the saying goes....Try it, you just might like it! Quiet, QUICK, Sturdy, beautiful...I could go on and on but you need to see for yourself.

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats, Sirrus satelite w/Boston Sound System aiong with the Cassette/CD/6-Disc/MP3,the 8-way Power seats and adjustable pedals (I'm only 5 Ft. so this was a concern I had),Power Sunroof, ESP w/ABS,....just about everything..

Suggested Improvements

Fog or Driving lights on SXT model...Dealer is adding these for me. Also, a choice on the wheels. The ones with the car look rather cheap. Need the polished, classy style or at least an option for them. With the Black SXT more BLING would be nice...

AWESOME CAR
By Oliver

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The best buy for me in a long time. I wasn't sure whether to get an SUV or the Magnum SXT, but after owning mine for 3 months now, I know it was the right decision. Fuel mileage, handling, roomy interior and the excitment of driving a "Grocery Getter" that turns head was more than worth it. The whole family loves it and my kids call it the "Beast" :)! If you think of getting one (Dodge has come a long way with improvements and quality) take it one for an extended spin (highway, backroads and city) and I'm sure that you'll get it. It's worth checking out if you're in the market for a new, sporty, head-turning car (even for those in a mid-life-crisis)! I love my Mangnum "Beast" SXT, You'll too.

Favorite Features

The whole concept and the car!

Suggested Improvements

Better acceleration

Awesome Car!
By cgl

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the handling and design. I get compliments everywhere I go. Roomy and comfortable, yet practical.Loads of fun!

Favorite Features

Love the all of the available options. The satellite radio and moon roof are my favorites.

Suggested Improvements

None what so ever.