Used 2005 Dodge Magnum Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Magnum

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

Magnum SXT
By David Hayman

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love the styling inside and out. Generous room inside for passengers and cargo. Great RWD chassis, brakes and steering, fun to drive too. Some build quality issues - Choice of plastics inside a bit too cheap looking, also the way some of them fit is a little dissapointing. I have some wind noise issues with the car but overall am very pleased with it. Oh one thing, the dealer network varies from very good to absolutely frustratingly lousy.

Favorite Features

Interior space, seats, and the look of the car - looks really fabulous in Black. Safety features and chassis.

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control and audio controls on the steering wheel please as standard equipment - the cruise control lever system as fitted is a real old Mercedes Benz throwback from the eighties. Better quality plastics and trim, its too cheap looking. Front fog lights should be available on the SXT.

I love my wagon!
By enydvalentin

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am a working mother of two girls and I wanted a car bigger than a sedan- not a SUV, and definitevely not a mini van because I hate looking like a "soccer mom" in them (though that will never apply to me anyway!). The Magnum was the perfect choice. It is big, brute and sturdy looking but it drives very well, very smoothly. The perfect car for a once-tomboy now professional mom. It also catches people's eyes - twice I've had two men telling me their love my car. So do I!

Favorite Features

I love the big wheels and still there is no need to climb to get inside the car. That's a plus when you are only five feet tall.

Suggested Improvements

Too much exposed plastic (inside)on the doors. It would have been nicer if there was some fabric on them. The doors look like you took off the cover and left them like that- very odd. The knob for the lights is also awkard. I prefer the old fashoned way of turning my lights on (steering wheel)

Excellent
By Dennis Wahrer

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The car handles like a dream. I took it on a trip to Virginia in early Dec. I had absolutly no problems. I think I helped to sell at least one Hemi to a trucker and his wife at a truck stop. They saw the vehicle at the pump, came over to me and wanted to see the engine and the other things about the car. They said they could not find a HEMI at any dealers where they shopped. As they walked back to thier truck I overheard the wife say, "Well I guess we are going to trade our old station wagon." I hope I sold one for you.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the electronic stabilization program. It makes that car handle like a dream. I like the fact that with the ESP on all the power goes to the wheels, without spinning the tires. And the salesperson that sold it to me was right. If you fall asleep you might lose control of car.

Suggested Improvements

I think every car should have a real tire for a spare. Other than that I can't think of anything I could improve on on this beautiful vehicle. I've had all kinds of people tell me what a good looking car I own. Most of the women call it cute.

Drive and Grin
By Jack

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recieved delivery on the 2005 RT Magnum in early January and have put a couple of thousand miles on the car. The GRIN comes when you step on the accelerater and the 345 horses come alive. What a pleasure being able to pass, enter X-ways, without effort. The suspension and ride qualities of the car make it truly a banker's sports car. The 18" sticky Continental tires and the ESP feature gives me confidence in handling high speed curves. Another GRIN feature is the number of people who comment on the looks of the car. Stop at a light and you will be looked at and probably get a thumbs-up and grin.

Favorite Features

Power of the Hemi 5.7L. Suspension and handling. Utility of a station wagon. Body styling. Quality of the fit and finish. Sound quality of the Infinity sound system

Suggested Improvements

Move the rear window defrost button next to the rear window wiper and wash buttons. The dash is kind of drab except for the gauges. Add some polished aluminum bezeling around the radio and climate control switches. If not aluminum then some wood like the Chrysler 300.

Love my Magnum RT
By Dan

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was hesitant to spend $30,000 on any car classified as a "station wagon." But the styling grew on me, and the 340-hp HEMI goes a long way to dispelling myths about boring station wagons. The car handles better than any other 4,000-lb. full size car I've ever driven. I'm getting about 18 mpg city and 21 or 22 mpg highway, which is quite good for a car this size with this much power. I use the recommended mid-grade gas. This car is fun to drive and comfortable on long trips. I have had the dealer fix the "pulls to the right" problem, and I had to have the rear seat center seat belt replaced because the retractor jammed.

Favorite Features

I love the HEMI engine, leather seats, and the 18-inch wheels in the RT package. These features really make this car stand out from the base model Magnums, and other cars in this class.

Suggested Improvements

The outside mirror housings are so big they create a bit of a blind spot when turning corners. It looks like styling won over improved visibility. Smaller mirror housings would work.