Used 2005 Dodge Magnum Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

Love my car
By SL Beckes

2005 Dodge Magnum SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

One day in Feb 05 my car saved my life while driving in snow. An 18 wheeler drove me off the road. I went off and back on the road where I believe many other cars would have crashed. I love this car.

Looks, driving and power

Tell the public more about this car It is more than just another car. It is a blessing to own and drive. This car is much better than any town car I have ever owned. Thank you for building it.

Love My Magnum!
By CG

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great design, fun to drive.Turn heads every where I go. I receive compliments on body styling.

Everything, but mostly the optional safety package.

None!

Magnum SXT
By David Hayman

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love the styling inside and out. Generous room inside for passengers and cargo. Great RWD chassis, brakes and steering, fun to drive too. Some build quality issues - Choice of plastics inside a bit too cheap looking, also the way some of them fit is a little dissapointing. I have some wind noise issues with the car but overall am very pleased with it. Oh one thing, the dealer network varies from very good to absolutely frustratingly lousy.

Interior space, seats, and the look of the car - looks really fabulous in Black. Safety features and chassis.

Cruise control and audio controls on the steering wheel please as standard equipment - the cruise control lever system as fitted is a real old Mercedes Benz throwback from the eighties. Better quality plastics and trim, its too cheap looking. Front fog lights should be available on the SXT.

I love my wagon!
By enydvalentin

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am a working mother of two girls and I wanted a car bigger than a sedan- not a SUV, and definitevely not a mini van because I hate looking like a "soccer mom" in them (though that will never apply to me anyway!). The Magnum was the perfect choice. It is big, brute and sturdy looking but it drives very well, very smoothly. The perfect car for a once-tomboy now professional mom. It also catches people's eyes - twice I've had two men telling me their love my car. So do I!

I love the big wheels and still there is no need to climb to get inside the car. That's a plus when you are only five feet tall.

Too much exposed plastic (inside)on the doors. It would have been nicer if there was some fabric on them. The doors look like you took off the cover and left them like that- very odd. The knob for the lights is also awkard. I prefer the old fashoned way of turning my lights on (steering wheel)

Excellent
By Dennis Wahrer

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The car handles like a dream. I took it on a trip to Virginia in early Dec. I had absolutly no problems. I think I helped to sell at least one Hemi to a trucker and his wife at a truck stop. They saw the vehicle at the pump, came over to me and wanted to see the engine and the other things about the car. They said they could not find a HEMI at any dealers where they shopped. As they walked back to thier truck I overheard the wife say, "Well I guess we are going to trade our old station wagon." I hope I sold one for you.

My favorite feature is the electronic stabilization program. It makes that car handle like a dream. I like the fact that with the ESP on all the power goes to the wheels, without spinning the tires. And the salesperson that sold it to me was right. If you fall asleep you might lose control of car.

I think every car should have a real tire for a spare. Other than that I can't think of anything I could improve on on this beautiful vehicle. I've had all kinds of people tell me what a good looking car I own. Most of the women call it cute.