Used 2005 Dodge Magnum Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

Love our Magnum!
By Jonnie

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife, but we both love to drive it! We haven't had it very long yet, but we are still having that "new car" experience. The handling is amazing for a relatively heavy rear-drive car. Steering is quick and very little effort is required. We especially like the features such as lumbar support for both front seats, power adjustable brake and gas pedals, and a very versatile rear loading configuration. The electronic stability program gives the rear drive a much better feeling of control on slippery surfaces. Braking is outstanding. The drive is smooth and solid, thanks to the 120" wheelbase. We haven't yet assessed the gas mileage, but it seems to be as advertised.

Excellent brakes, fold-down seats, traction control,good control placement and functionality, power seats, doors, windows, pedals, easy access to trunk. Lots of room for adults in rear seats, legroom, headroom and shoulder room. Good sound system and adjustability.

Improve visibility to rear and left side, perhaps more wideview mirrors. A back-up monitor would be usefull. Softer fabric upholstery.

Love my car
By SL Beckes

2005 Dodge Magnum SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

One day in Feb 05 my car saved my life while driving in snow. An 18 wheeler drove me off the road. I went off and back on the road where I believe many other cars would have crashed. I love this car.

Looks, driving and power

Tell the public more about this car It is more than just another car. It is a blessing to own and drive. This car is much better than any town car I have ever owned. Thank you for building it.

Love My Magnum!
By CG

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great design, fun to drive.Turn heads every where I go. I receive compliments on body styling.

Everything, but mostly the optional safety package.

None!

Magnum SXT
By David Hayman

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love the styling inside and out. Generous room inside for passengers and cargo. Great RWD chassis, brakes and steering, fun to drive too. Some build quality issues - Choice of plastics inside a bit too cheap looking, also the way some of them fit is a little dissapointing. I have some wind noise issues with the car but overall am very pleased with it. Oh one thing, the dealer network varies from very good to absolutely frustratingly lousy.

Interior space, seats, and the look of the car - looks really fabulous in Black. Safety features and chassis.

Cruise control and audio controls on the steering wheel please as standard equipment - the cruise control lever system as fitted is a real old Mercedes Benz throwback from the eighties. Better quality plastics and trim, its too cheap looking. Front fog lights should be available on the SXT.

I love my wagon!
By enydvalentin

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am a working mother of two girls and I wanted a car bigger than a sedan- not a SUV, and definitevely not a mini van because I hate looking like a "soccer mom" in them (though that will never apply to me anyway!). The Magnum was the perfect choice. It is big, brute and sturdy looking but it drives very well, very smoothly. The perfect car for a once-tomboy now professional mom. It also catches people's eyes - twice I've had two men telling me their love my car. So do I!

I love the big wheels and still there is no need to climb to get inside the car. That's a plus when you are only five feet tall.

Too much exposed plastic (inside)on the doors. It would have been nicer if there was some fabric on them. The doors look like you took off the cover and left them like that- very odd. The knob for the lights is also awkard. I prefer the old fashoned way of turning my lights on (steering wheel)

• SUV