Used 2005 Dodge Magnum Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Magnum

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

Dodge Magnum Done Again?
By Purp574

2005 Dodge Magnum SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I know that Dodge/Chrysler are going through bad times, but I've been Dodge since my childhood w/my father's Dodge-ram conversion van. Owned two dodges since. Now to my Dodge magnum; loved it from the first time I saw it during a super bowl commercial. (get it!) remember. I own an sxt awd 3.5 liter Dodge magnum and am in nothing but awe and praise for my car. Even after two years. What upsets me is that Dodge has decided to do away w/the mag and replaced it w/the nitro or journey which look good, but don't stand out like my mag. Please Dodge, bring back my mag. It has an all-American muscle style that with a bit more time will grow. Thanks for reading, next step for me an srt8 magnum. (get it!)

Favorite Features

Body style.Many after-market kits.

Suggested Improvements

No.1 BRING IT BACK! After that,update dashboard and console to accommodate extras.

Hard to justify trading it in
By veblenesque

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I normally keep new cars for about 3 years, and I'm pushing 3.5 on my Magnum RT. However, nothing new I test drive measures up to this car. First, the Mercedes E-class chassis means the car has an excellent combination of performance and comfort (not a typical muscle car). The engine is as strong now as the day I bought it, with surprising torque that makes it feel faster than smaller V8s (Audi S4, Mustang etc.). Has had no problems other than poor stock tires and rotors, and feels solidly built. I'd highly recommend it as a used car since values have dropped - they will likely depreciate little if you buy one now. If you test drive one, you will buy it.

Favorite Features

That's easy - the engine. Perfect combination of American muscle and European ride quality.

Suggested Improvements

I miss having a manual transmission, but the Mercedes-sourced auto is amazing. The SatNav is useless - a $1,500 option and I end up using a Garmin.

better looking than any mini-van
By graham

2005 Dodge Magnum SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had wanted one for years and finally bought it after selling my Durango. great looks and a great ride to boot. Tons of room for a family of 4 which saved me from the soul sucking mini- van option. I had tested a 2.7L v6, but it was not powerful enough for that big of a car. The 3.5L has plenty of power. The RWD was a concern in the snow, but the first big snow this year disproved that concern. the car did great with common sense driving. Too bad Dodge decided to drop the Magnum. At least they should have replaced it with the 300C wagon thats available in Europe.

Favorite Features

The looks!! It is the quintessential American car inside & out, long & low with plenty of attitude

Suggested Improvements

factory Cruise control stalk seems to be an after market add on thats akward to use especially at night because its not lit up. no outside temp. display in my SXT. You would think that a car that has heated seats, would have an outside temp. display as standard.

All thee Above
By Tamira Wams

2005 Dodge Magnum RT AWD 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

So far I had no real problems with my RT since ownership. luv the ride an the look of the car, sometimes the sunroof don't close flush but I jus made my own ajustment. luv my 6 disc changer/mp3/sat/nav, the only problem I had since ownership is my radio lights goes in an out. The whole screen goes black an can't use my navigation and other radio functions.

Favorite Features

HEMI as well as my 6 disc changer/mp3/sat/nav...heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Add some more city & highway MPG and the radio clitch but over all satisfy.

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
By B.Wilcox

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Overall its been a good car for me. Does not do well in the snow, I park the car in the winter and drive an suv. I love the sporty and strong look of the car. Although it may not look like it from the outside the back seat is very comfortable and has plenty of room.

Favorite Features

My favorite thing has gotta be the HEMI!

Suggested Improvements

If the car lost some weight it would be awesome. Say take it from 4,200 lbs down to 3,500. Its already fast for what it is, if it lost some weight it would be amazing.