2005 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:
I love this car
By Dan in IL on 12/11/08 21:15 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my 05 Bonneville for the 05 Magnum SXT RWD 3.5L. I am 19 and this is the perfect car- it's definitely a sporty college kid car, and I got mine with under 20k miles for under $10k. What a steal! Gas mileage is not bad. I get 21mpg driving around town but I do a lot of interstate driving and i maintain 25-27mpg. Not better than my Bonneville no, but it certainly gets just as good gas mileage as any other car on the road today. I only wish I had a Magnum R/T. I want the dual chrome exhaust with the Hemi!

Awesome
By Big E on 10/20/08 17:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Lots of room I have the special edition with Bose stereo Power everything moonroof . Would trade only for SRT version

Let's Drive
By koolade70 on 09/13/08 14:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great car. Look at them at the Auto Show when they first came out. Trunk space seemed small for two kids with double stroller. Decided kids could stay in wife's Suburban. Has 5.7 Hemi, 340 HP plenty to make this car move. Great car to customize, very unique and seems like a "Magnum Club" when driving. Next vehicle will be the same with the 6.1 Hemi. I am 6'4" and have plenty of room in the drivers seat.

So far So good, but have a few concerns
By cleary524 on 09/08/08 20:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT AWD 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought R/T AWD in May 08, Wicked fun to drive! R/T has good pickup in the 3k+ rpm range. Little sluggish off the line. The front suspension concerns me. Has a clunking noise when you run over an abrupt bump (possible tie-rod end ($100) or ball joints($700) I've been told). Front tires seem to be wearing on the outer edges a little prematurely. New Pirelli's=$$ Plan to change tie rod ends with grease fitted ends soon and then rotate tires and realign. Fuel econ is not the best. Around town I've gotten 19 mph. Hope this car stands test of time though? I sold a good Buick Regal GS for this.

I want another one!
By Bill on 08/14/08 13:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used with 97k on the odometer. Wife wasn't sure about it until she drove it and fell in love with it like me. I was really surprised with the "snap" it has for a 2.7, it handles beautifully, and it gets pretty good mileage too (28.5 on a 500 mile round trip at 70mph). Only problems so far are alignment (front inner and outer ball joints already, need to do rears) and my wife wishes it had better lumbar support. Other than that we both love the styling and roominess and wish they weren't discontinuing these cars. I am currently trying to talk my wife into another for me to drive!

Couldn't ask for a better wagon!
By Jon on 08/12/08 05:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this car. When I was looking for a car to trade-in for I wanted something with style that stood out from the rest. I would have to agree that the car is difficult to keep in alignment but for a heavy car the mileage is great. We have three daughters and always have enough room for car seats and all of their stuff. A must is the Electronic Stability Program - it really works great on icy roads.

I like my " monster"
By Davide on 08/08/08 18:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car used, 1 year old, with 19,000 miles. Now the car has 60,000 miles, the few problems are just little annoyances, the battery light comes on most of the time 10 seconds after I start the car and the driver's side door sometime does not open using the remote. The rest is great. Style, engine, comfort, space. I average 24 mpg in the summer, 21 mpg in the winter, on the highway, not bad for a 5000 Pound car. I am very happy with this car. The handling in the snow is good for a rwd.

Family Hauler + Hemi Fun = SUV Alt
By Toonzz on 08/03/08 19:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just traded my Durango for the Hemi powered Magnum. Frankly the family didn't need all the space in trade for MPG's. I had to have the utility of an SUV just not the size, but I personally wanted some style. The Magnum was the only option. Toss in the Hemi and it was a no-brainer. I love the agility and responsiveness of the Magnum, the wife loves the practicality, and the kids aren't embarrassed to be seen in it. I've only had it a few days, so the verdict is still out on the quality and reliability. Everything else is nothing less than perfection, given all other things being relatively equal. I hope to enjoy it for many years to come.

Love the Car Hate theTransmission Leaks
By Barb on 07/26/08 17:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Over all I love the look and handling of this car. Plenty of room for the grandkids and all their toys, etc. On the highway gets decent gas mileage however, the intown mileage stinks. The price you pay for the HEMI. Main concern is the transmission leaks and the wheel alignments. We've had it to the dealership twice for both issues and were assured that the problem was fixed; 5 months later we have another transmission leak and it already feels like the front end is out of alignment. (We just purchased new tires before the last alignment)Tires are very expensive for this car and they are already showing significant wear without a lot of miles on them.

Excellent
By Richard on 06/23/08 04:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I plan on keeping my magnum to it just can't go anymore. I get excellent gas mileage (27 MPG on the highway). Thank God I didn't get the Hemi. :) I have over 86,000 miles on it with no major engine problems. I keep up on the maintenance. I love my car.