Used 2005 Dodge Magnum Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Magnum

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

The thrill is back!
By Jeff Bryan

2005 Dodge Magnum RT AWD 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Dodge? I actually bought a Dodge? I couldn't be happier! The Magmun RT AWD is great on snow, looks fantastic, and gets 22 MPG highway. It fits my three kids with room to spare. The climate control system is great! The styling is the envy of my friends! Did I mention its got a Hemi? I've died and gone to Dad heaven!

Favorite Features

The Boston Acoustics sound system, the Daimler all-wheel drive system, and, in case I forgot, its got a Hemi!

Suggested Improvements

Don't you dare change a thing. Daytime running lights? No way! We don't need no stinking "here I am. look at me!" running lights.

Loads O fun
By ml

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have the car with the 250 HP V-6 and it has ample power particularly considering the gas mileage. The car handles well and I have yet to make the tires chirp on a clover leaf even at 60 MPH. I think it is one of the best cars I have ever had. The ride is great and I have driven it for fairly long distances with no driver fatigue or sore spots. The leather seats with heaters are great. The car ride is smooth and quiet. I would reccommend this car to any one.

Favorite Features

I like the way the back seat works and am able to put a six foot ladder in there and still haul 4 kids to the high school. The storage option is well worth it as you can put grocery bags back there and not have to worry about food all over.

Suggested Improvements

I have always purchased my own stero for new cars. I bought the Boston Acoustics this time. I am probably going to pull it out and put my own in.

Goodbye Pocket Sucking Pickup
By Lawrence

2005 Dodge Magnum SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have been admiring this car from afar since the day I saw it. I was driving a F150 to and from work and as a primary mode of transportation until gas hit 2.15 a gallon. That day I decided that I was not going to put more that ten dollars into my truck and hopefully I could make it to the dealer. I am six foot six so a Honda was not in the running. I sat down in the Magnum adjusted the seat and fell in love. Plenty of leg, knee, shoulder and head room. I decided to get the 2.7 engine instead of the Hemi based on the huge price jump for the Hemi. That was my only let down. Other than that the 2.7 has plenty of get up and go and I can save even more in gas.

Favorite Features

Interior room for ex-defensive linemen. Traction control work great in Minnesota. Smooth ride. Handles like a sportscar. Conversation starter.

Suggested Improvements

None

It's ultra cool, and so much more!
By Kari

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car. The whole family loves it. We're tall people and we ride in pure luxurious comfort. No more scrunched up knees! I could live in it, happily. Getting on the freeway is so much fun. I gotta be real conscious of my speed in this baby, the Hemi appeals to the speed demon in me. Very comfortable, and adjustable seats. The paint "brilliant black pearl" is beautiful! The stereo system is lovely. I really like the steering wheel& the big console, I can easily stuff my purse in it. :) It's a pretty big car, but it doesn't feel like it when I drive it. It's a smooth ride and hugs curves like a dream. My 70y/o neighbor is selling his Honda and getting a Magnum.

Favorite Features

Hemi! Hemi! Hemi! The interior is quiet, roomy, comfortable, the controls are easy to figure out and easy to reach.

Suggested Improvements

None. I wish gas wasn't so expensive, but it isn't the cars fault. :) It's so worth it!

Unique Vehicle
By John L. Nichols

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

You don't see many of these on the roads yet. Fast, a blast to drive with one of a kind styling and oodles of room. Interior kind of sterile? I installed an aftermarket walnut wood dash kit in my Red Magnum...Perfect now. Options I ordered were sunroof and convienience group. regret: I should have gotten the Sirius radio. but with just these two options it really is a loaded luxury sport wagon. Nothing else is like it.

Favorite Features

1.Convienience group: garage door opener, electric driver seat, dash computer info center, steering wheel controls. 2. Hemi power...How fast does one really need to go? 110 mph with no strain..It's got more but I'm not going there! 3.Styling, yes people rubberneck the car. 4. Comfort? leather & room

Suggested Improvements

Side mouldings are dimpled from the factory had to have them replaced.