2005 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:
I love my Magnum
By donnakay on 07/06/10 21:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Grandma, me, had to have the Hemi. I was a little apprehensive at first. I have not had one problem with the 5 year old car. Lots of Power, looks sharp, handles well, doesn't overheat like my Camaro did. A/C is cold, power windows work well and don't leak. Very comfortable family car. I have driven it to Idaho twice now. 11 hour trip each way. No problems. I would definitely buy again.

I wish I could read a review like before
By MTwrangler on 06/16/10 20:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When we purchased the car used, all was well, the car road nice and was quiet, fun to drive. It got 22-28 MPG, depending on conditions, all was well. Now 5 years later, the car misfires, shutters, and the known cause is mystery. It has many rattles and noises in the front end. The seats are not comfortable. We also went through early alignment issues, etc. It also has fairly bad brake fade and shutter, once the discs heat up.

Magnum RT - - Almost perfect
By Rex on 04/27/10 22:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased Nov. 2004 -- the only car I have ever bought new off the lot. The car would be perfect if not for the slush-box tranny. Factory Contis were junk -- 13K miles. Replaced with Goodyear Assurance which are nearing their end at 40K mi. Have Michelin replacements. Issues: front-end clunk at steering extreme limits (I avoid cranking to the limits), alignment twice, popping noise in dash, unreliable rear window regulator, noisy power steering pump (even after replacement). I gather front-end issues are common. Overall, I have been pleased, but really wish there had been a manual tranny option.

Looks can be deceiving
By mjg on 04/08/10 07:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Working on my 3rd set of rotors at 49,900 miles. Continental tires lasted 20,000 miles. Always feels likes it's out of alignment. Second set of tires showing wear. Needed a left upper tie rod end and lower control arm for inspection this year. Both key fobs broken. Musty smell when you turn air on or heat in the winter. Will never by a Dodge again. Never again.

Mixed bad
By overland on 04/03/10 14:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Good power and looks with adequate cargo room. Better than expected fuel mileage - 27 highway and 19 highway city. Several annoying electrical problems - rear windows failed intermittently, wipers had glitches, and constant dash rattles that started at 20k miles. Handling is so so for a big and heavy car - no corner carver. Bland but functional interior.

Dodge Magnum Done Again?
By Purp574 on 03/06/10 23:56 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I know that Dodge/Chrysler are going through bad times, but I've been Dodge since my childhood w/my father's Dodge-ram conversion van. Owned two dodges since. Now to my Dodge magnum; loved it from the first time I saw it during a super bowl commercial. (get it!) remember. I own an sxt awd 3.5 liter Dodge magnum and am in nothing but awe and praise for my car. Even after two years. What upsets me is that Dodge has decided to do away w/the mag and replaced it w/the nitro or journey which look good, but don't stand out like my mag. Please Dodge, bring back my mag. It has an all-American muscle style that with a bit more time will grow. Thanks for reading, next step for me an srt8 magnum. (get it!)

Hard to justify trading it in
By veblenesque on 01/31/10 09:16 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I normally keep new cars for about 3 years, and I'm pushing 3.5 on my Magnum RT. However, nothing new I test drive measures up to this car. First, the Mercedes E-class chassis means the car has an excellent combination of performance and comfort (not a typical muscle car). The engine is as strong now as the day I bought it, with surprising torque that makes it feel faster than smaller V8s (Audi S4, Mustang etc.). Has had no problems other than poor stock tires and rotors, and feels solidly built. I'd highly recommend it as a used car since values have dropped - they will likely depreciate little if you buy one now. If you test drive one, you will buy it.

better looking than any mini-van
By graham on 01/15/10 13:29 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had wanted one for years and finally bought it after selling my Durango. great looks and a great ride to boot. Tons of room for a family of 4 which saved me from the soul sucking mini- van option. I had tested a 2.7L v6, but it was not powerful enough for that big of a car. The 3.5L has plenty of power. The RWD was a concern in the snow, but the first big snow this year disproved that concern. the car did great with common sense driving. Too bad Dodge decided to drop the Magnum. At least they should have replaced it with the 300C wagon thats available in Europe.

All thee Above
By Tamira Wams on 01/01/10 12:49 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT AWD 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

So far I had no real problems with my RT since ownership. luv the ride an the look of the car, sometimes the sunroof don't close flush but I jus made my own ajustment. luv my 6 disc changer/mp3/sat/nav, the only problem I had since ownership is my radio lights goes in an out. The whole screen goes black an can't use my navigation and other radio functions.

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
By B.Wilcox on 09/23/09 14:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Overall its been a good car for me. Does not do well in the snow, I park the car in the winter and drive an suv. I love the sporty and strong look of the car. Although it may not look like it from the outside the back seat is very comfortable and has plenty of room.