2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:
magnums rock
By turbododge2 on 09/21/13 06:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought an 05 sxt awd. it now has 89.000 miles on it and I have never had a problem. keep up with the required maintenance and it should last a long time. I installed a mopar cold air intake from mopar performance and bought a predator tuner and did the 93 octane performance tune and what a difference. with the predator it is like a different car. you can change the axle ratio for quicker acceleration and the transmission to shift firmer. you can make the autostik so it will not shift for you so you can actually hold the gear to the full 6.500 rpms.. my magnum is black and gets a lot of compliments. I just replaced the sparkplugs myself and taking off the upper intake manifold is not to bad

No problems
By mr_wizard on 04/26/12 09:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Magnum since 2006 purchased used. Just replaced the breaks and rotors at 76k miles on the front. Had to replace rotors because shop shaved too much off and they warped. Wife was in an accident 9 months ago hit by a Ford 1 ton duly 4wd truck. Hit right passenger quarter panel at 45mph. Repair costs just under $16k but they said the cars resale value was that and repaired it. Car was able to drive to curb but the Ford could not move :) No other problems to report because there have been none.

A Durable Powerhouse
By marty2916 on 01/09/12 13:30 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my Dodge magnum. Its roomy, versitile, fast, and it looks great. I am in the process of renovating my new house, and I have hauled everything from tools to new hardwood floor to 10' beams (And yes, I was still able to close the hatch). Even with a heavy load the rear struts never bottomed out. The car is very durable and will keep you safe in case of a collision. I was recently struck by a hit and run driver that caused me to lose control and lightly knock the front end up against the barrier. The car was still running silently, and the damage was repairable. The only 2 downsides is the weight of the car which robs a bit from the performance and the average mpg.

I think I got a lemon
By sheriday on 11/04/11 13:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In 2006, I bought my 2005 dodge magnum the first time I saw the magnum I knew that was going to be my next vehicle I would own. Well since having my magnum I have put 8 tires on it, 3 tire rod ends,and an all whell alignment cause you can't just have a front or back you have to have them all done at once, brakes for the works all around twice, and the rocker panels are held up with plastic clips that cost $5.00 per clip. The front dash rattles without the heat on. There is so much rattles in the front end. And recently I was driving down the road and it was like it went into neutral all by itself and my headlights go dim just randomly. Great car if you have lots of money for the repairs.

The best car I've owned
By Dusty-1 on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm approaching 140K and I've replaced the brakes and tires only once (due for both now). This car has a very smooth and quiet ride. I can only imagine that I will soon need to replace my battery, alternator, serpentine belt or something but knock on wood its been solid as a rock. I've traveled 2600 miles pulling a trailer with two ATV's and multiple other long distance vacations and have had great luck. I will drive this one until it dies. If you change your oil and fluids regularly you should have no problems. My engine does not burn any oil and does not have any leaks to this point.

I wish I could read a review like before
By MTwrangler on 06/16/10 20:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When we purchased the car used, all was well, the car road nice and was quiet, fun to drive. It got 22-28 MPG, depending on conditions, all was well. Now 5 years later, the car misfires, shutters, and the known cause is mystery. It has many rattles and noises in the front end. The seats are not comfortable. We also went through early alignment issues, etc. It also has fairly bad brake fade and shutter, once the discs heat up.

Looks can be deceiving
By mjg on 04/08/10 07:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Working on my 3rd set of rotors at 49,900 miles. Continental tires lasted 20,000 miles. Always feels likes it's out of alignment. Second set of tires showing wear. Needed a left upper tie rod end and lower control arm for inspection this year. Both key fobs broken. Musty smell when you turn air on or heat in the winter. Will never by a Dodge again. Never again.

Dodge Magnum Done Again?
By Purp574 on 03/06/10 23:56 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I know that Dodge/Chrysler are going through bad times, but I've been Dodge since my childhood w/my father's Dodge-ram conversion van. Owned two dodges since. Now to my Dodge magnum; loved it from the first time I saw it during a super bowl commercial. (get it!) remember. I own an sxt awd 3.5 liter Dodge magnum and am in nothing but awe and praise for my car. Even after two years. What upsets me is that Dodge has decided to do away w/the mag and replaced it w/the nitro or journey which look good, but don't stand out like my mag. Please Dodge, bring back my mag. It has an all-American muscle style that with a bit more time will grow. Thanks for reading, next step for me an srt8 magnum. (get it!)

better looking than any mini-van
By graham on 01/15/10 13:29 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had wanted one for years and finally bought it after selling my Durango. great looks and a great ride to boot. Tons of room for a family of 4 which saved me from the soul sucking mini- van option. I had tested a 2.7L v6, but it was not powerful enough for that big of a car. The 3.5L has plenty of power. The RWD was a concern in the snow, but the first big snow this year disproved that concern. the car did great with common sense driving. Too bad Dodge decided to drop the Magnum. At least they should have replaced it with the 300C wagon thats available in Europe.

Outstanding Replacement
By Carl Burk on 08/26/09 12:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I replaced my 1999 Dodge Intrepid with a 2005 AWD SXT and also a 2005 SXT Inferno Red Magnum. Both cars have performed well and are fun to drive. The AWD has 36,000 miles now and averages 22-24 mpg while the RWD SXT averages 28-30 on trips at 60 mph, freeway mileage drops to 27+ at 70+. Excellent Car with the advantage of looking space age and ready for flight. When purchased I added the 8 - 80 protection and haven't needed anything but normal maintenance and fun to drive.