Used 2005 Dodge Magnum SXT Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

magnums rock
By turbododge2

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought an 05 sxt awd. it now has 89.000 miles on it and I have never had a problem. keep up with the required maintenance and it should last a long time. I installed a mopar cold air intake from mopar performance and bought a predator tuner and did the 93 octane performance tune and what a difference. with the predator it is like a different car. you can change the axle ratio for quicker acceleration and the transmission to shift firmer. you can make the autostik so it will not shift for you so you can actually hold the gear to the full 6.500 rpms.. my magnum is black and gets a lot of compliments. I just replaced the sparkplugs myself and taking off the upper intake manifold is not to bad

awesome styling. awd for the winter. six disc cd player. plenty of room inside. good solid American car ride with good handling and weight distribution

the magnums and chargers should not be made available with the 2.7 motor the 3.5 is a good motor with 250 horsepower and even better with a cold air intake and a predator tuner. for some families the hemi is a little too much for young drivers but the 3.5 is real good choice and moves the magnum on the highway with no problems at all.

No problems
By mr_wizard

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Magnum since 2006 purchased used. Just replaced the breaks and rotors at 76k miles on the front. Had to replace rotors because shop shaved too much off and they warped. Wife was in an accident 9 months ago hit by a Ford 1 ton duly 4wd truck. Hit right passenger quarter panel at 45mph. Repair costs just under $16k but they said the cars resale value was that and repaired it. Car was able to drive to curb but the Ford could not move :) No other problems to report because there have been none.

Leather heated Front seats, booming stereo, sun roof and one of the only cars I have to move the front seat up on. I am 6'3" and that leaves little leg room for most cars.

It would be nice if Chrysler brought it back to the market.

A Durable Powerhouse
By marty2916

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my Dodge magnum. Its roomy, versitile, fast, and it looks great. I am in the process of renovating my new house, and I have hauled everything from tools to new hardwood floor to 10' beams (And yes, I was still able to close the hatch). Even with a heavy load the rear struts never bottomed out. The car is very durable and will keep you safe in case of a collision. I was recently struck by a hit and run driver that caused me to lose control and lightly knock the front end up against the barrier. The car was still running silently, and the damage was repairable. The only 2 downsides is the weight of the car which robs a bit from the performance and the average mpg.

Great family car. Kids love it. Looks great. Rides great. Everything is easy to reach from the driver seat. Durability.

Lots of upgrades were addressed in the newer models. My only suggestion is for Dodge to bring it back.

I think I got a lemon
By sheriday

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In 2006, I bought my 2005 dodge magnum the first time I saw the magnum I knew that was going to be my next vehicle I would own. Well since having my magnum I have put 8 tires on it, 3 tire rod ends,and an all whell alignment cause you can't just have a front or back you have to have them all done at once, brakes for the works all around twice, and the rocker panels are held up with plastic clips that cost $5.00 per clip. The front dash rattles without the heat on. There is so much rattles in the front end. And recently I was driving down the road and it was like it went into neutral all by itself and my headlights go dim just randomly. Great car if you have lots of money for the repairs.

The best car I've owned
By Dusty-1

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm approaching 140K and I've replaced the brakes and tires only once (due for both now). This car has a very smooth and quiet ride. I can only imagine that I will soon need to replace my battery, alternator, serpentine belt or something but knock on wood its been solid as a rock. I've traveled 2600 miles pulling a trailer with two ATV's and multiple other long distance vacations and have had great luck. I will drive this one until it dies. If you change your oil and fluids regularly you should have no problems. My engine does not burn any oil and does not have any leaks to this point.

I love the smooth quiet ride. Night and day difference between this and my wife's Nissan Altima. Great leg room for passengers in the back seat.

Both of my visor clips are broke. Maybe the cupholders could be improved on.