Used 2005 Dodge Magnum SE Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

So far so good
By jzartman

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Magnum for about 4 months now and it is one of the best cars i have ever owned. The 2.7L motor has plenty of go, and haven't had any problems with the car so far. The design is nice and it is a fairly comfortable car, even for a guy like myself that is 6 foot 1 and 295 pounds. The seats took some getting used to (my other car is a 1983 Cadillac Deville, so the seats are like couches) but otherwise, i have no complaints. My wife uses this as her daily driver, and after adding a set of Firestone Winterforce studded tires to the car, we had no problems getting through the snow or ice in the winter. Overall, very satisfied and looking forward to owning this car for a lot of years.

Favorite Features

Style, power of base model 2.7L motor, fuel efficiency, interior room.

Suggested Improvements

Aux input for stereo would have been nice or a CD changer.

Going broke from suspension problems.
By hubberd

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Tires wear every 15k miles. Car pulls to the right, dealer says every thing is OK after 3 alignments. After warranty expired, I have major issues with front end noises. Spent lots of money on tie rods, stabilizer links, tires, bushings, etc. I still have front end noises. My mechanic says get rid of it. Says car has multilink suspension. Too many parts that can break. People wonder why American car companies are going out of business. I'm buying a Toyota next.

Favorite Features

Looks cool. All the bad far outweigh the cool looks.

Suggested Improvements

Terrible engineering. Get rid of the Magnum. My 22,000 car is now worth 6,000.

I love this car
By Dan in IL

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my 05 Bonneville for the 05 Magnum SXT RWD 3.5L. I am 19 and this is the perfect car- it's definitely a sporty college kid car, and I got mine with under 20k miles for under $10k. What a steal! Gas mileage is not bad. I get 21mpg driving around town but I do a lot of interstate driving and i maintain 25-27mpg. Not better than my Bonneville no, but it certainly gets just as good gas mileage as any other car on the road today. I only wish I had a Magnum R/T. I want the dual chrome exhaust with the Hemi!

Favorite Features

I love the design of the exterior and interior! Sunroof. Lots of room [I am 6,1]. Rear lift hatch and organization tray. Sound system. Sexy 18" chrome wheels

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back

Awesome
By Big E

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Lots of room I have the special edition with Bose stereo Power everything moonroof . Would trade only for SRT version

I want another one!
By Bill

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used with 97k on the odometer. Wife wasn't sure about it until she drove it and fell in love with it like me. I was really surprised with the "snap" it has for a 2.7, it handles beautifully, and it gets pretty good mileage too (28.5 on a 500 mile round trip at 70mph). Only problems so far are alignment (front inner and outer ball joints already, need to do rears) and my wife wishes it had better lumbar support. Other than that we both love the styling and roominess and wish they weren't discontinuing these cars. I am currently trying to talk my wife into another for me to drive!

Favorite Features

Surprising performance, styling

Suggested Improvements

Keep making them dang it!!!