Used 2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

This is power
By starks1

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT AWD 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this one a few months ago with only 98,000 miles on it. I put mid grade gas. 45 dollars to fill up the tank and lasts a week. Putting about 40 miles daily. As long as oil change plug wires and fuel cleaner is done every 4,000 miles(full synthetic) sea foam fuel cleaner, runs perfect solid smooth. Oil change is about 70 16 plugs runs about the same for good quality. But on the highway no daily driver can catch up to you. Peaking at 148 mph. Back from jersey at night no Lexus or Mercedes can keep up. Warning pistons rated at a max of 500hp. Be careful tuning just add k&n flow master full exhaust w headers and family and muscle car can't ask for more as a family man.

Favorite Features

Leather,a.w.d traction control,satellite radio,6 disc c.d changer 288 watt Boston acoutic.(wife and kids love that) big 18 inch rims and tires for a wagon. Aggressive stance,gas mileage,available upgrades,THE HEMI!!!

Suggested Improvements

Haven't found one yet

magnums rock
By turbododge2

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought an 05 sxt awd. it now has 89.000 miles on it and I have never had a problem. keep up with the required maintenance and it should last a long time. I installed a mopar cold air intake from mopar performance and bought a predator tuner and did the 93 octane performance tune and what a difference. with the predator it is like a different car. you can change the axle ratio for quicker acceleration and the transmission to shift firmer. you can make the autostik so it will not shift for you so you can actually hold the gear to the full 6.500 rpms.. my magnum is black and gets a lot of compliments. I just replaced the sparkplugs myself and taking off the upper intake manifold is not to bad

Favorite Features

awesome styling. awd for the winter. six disc cd player. plenty of room inside. good solid American car ride with good handling and weight distribution

Suggested Improvements

the magnums and chargers should not be made available with the 2.7 motor the 3.5 is a good motor with 250 horsepower and even better with a cold air intake and a predator tuner. for some families the hemi is a little too much for young drivers but the 3.5 is real good choice and moves the magnum on the highway with no problems at all.

clear coat shedding off all plastic bumbers
By seamusjames

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT AWD 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Now when I bought this car new it was sitting on the show room floor and was loaded with every option the 05 had listed. Yes I even had heated seats WOW! $43.000 American, my first house cost 23,000. Bought it for my wife with dreams of getting it after she grew tried of it. Still waiting..... I wash the car myself and about 2008 saw a small chip in the front paint and a small rust spot. Heck I thought it was a road stone which chip the clear coat. Now 6 years later the whole top of the front plastic where the hood closes is peeled. As I washed it I notice the back bumper is also faded and pealing. Anyone else have this? planetary gears replaced, nav toggle broke ect..

Favorite Features

the room for packing everything from show dogs to iceboxes, heated seats, great mileage and power.

Suggested Improvements

arm rest in back seat cuts its own fabric make it easier to change oil better paint clear coating bring the car back into production glass headlights and make it easier to replace the blubs

So far so good
By jzartman

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Magnum for about 4 months now and it is one of the best cars i have ever owned. The 2.7L motor has plenty of go, and haven't had any problems with the car so far. The design is nice and it is a fairly comfortable car, even for a guy like myself that is 6 foot 1 and 295 pounds. The seats took some getting used to (my other car is a 1983 Cadillac Deville, so the seats are like couches) but otherwise, i have no complaints. My wife uses this as her daily driver, and after adding a set of Firestone Winterforce studded tires to the car, we had no problems getting through the snow or ice in the winter. Overall, very satisfied and looking forward to owning this car for a lot of years.

Favorite Features

Style, power of base model 2.7L motor, fuel efficiency, interior room.

Suggested Improvements

Aux input for stereo would have been nice or a CD changer.

No problems
By mr_wizard

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Magnum since 2006 purchased used. Just replaced the breaks and rotors at 76k miles on the front. Had to replace rotors because shop shaved too much off and they warped. Wife was in an accident 9 months ago hit by a Ford 1 ton duly 4wd truck. Hit right passenger quarter panel at 45mph. Repair costs just under $16k but they said the cars resale value was that and repaired it. Car was able to drive to curb but the Ford could not move :) No other problems to report because there have been none.

Favorite Features

Leather heated Front seats, booming stereo, sun roof and one of the only cars I have to move the front seat up on. I am 6'3" and that leaves little leg room for most cars.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice if Chrysler brought it back to the market.