2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:
magnums rock
By turbododge2 on 09/21/13 06:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought an 05 sxt awd. it now has 89.000 miles on it and I have never had a problem. keep up with the required maintenance and it should last a long time. I installed a mopar cold air intake from mopar performance and bought a predator tuner and did the 93 octane performance tune and what a difference. with the predator it is like a different car. you can change the axle ratio for quicker acceleration and the transmission to shift firmer. you can make the autostik so it will not shift for you so you can actually hold the gear to the full 6.500 rpms.. my magnum is black and gets a lot of compliments. I just replaced the sparkplugs myself and taking off the upper intake manifold is not to bad

clear coat shedding off all plastic bumbers
By seamusjames on 04/21/13 13:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT AWD 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Now when I bought this car new it was sitting on the show room floor and was loaded with every option the 05 had listed. Yes I even had heated seats WOW! $43.000 American, my first house cost 23,000. Bought it for my wife with dreams of getting it after she grew tried of it. Still waiting..... I wash the car myself and about 2008 saw a small chip in the front paint and a small rust spot. Heck I thought it was a road stone which chip the clear coat. Now 6 years later the whole top of the front plastic where the hood closes is peeled. As I washed it I notice the back bumper is also faded and pealing. Anyone else have this? planetary gears replaced, nav toggle broke ect..

So far so good
By jzartman on 02/28/13 11:16 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Magnum for about 4 months now and it is one of the best cars i have ever owned. The 2.7L motor has plenty of go, and haven't had any problems with the car so far. The design is nice and it is a fairly comfortable car, even for a guy like myself that is 6 foot 1 and 295 pounds. The seats took some getting used to (my other car is a 1983 Cadillac Deville, so the seats are like couches) but otherwise, i have no complaints. My wife uses this as her daily driver, and after adding a set of Firestone Winterforce studded tires to the car, we had no problems getting through the snow or ice in the winter. Overall, very satisfied and looking forward to owning this car for a lot of years.

No problems
By mr_wizard on 04/26/12 09:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Magnum since 2006 purchased used. Just replaced the breaks and rotors at 76k miles on the front. Had to replace rotors because shop shaved too much off and they warped. Wife was in an accident 9 months ago hit by a Ford 1 ton duly 4wd truck. Hit right passenger quarter panel at 45mph. Repair costs just under $16k but they said the cars resale value was that and repaired it. Car was able to drive to curb but the Ford could not move :) No other problems to report because there have been none.

5th and LAST Chrysler Corp. product
By brass2 on 03/15/12 16:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Initially, I loved this car but honestly how many of all the cars that have ever been made are terrible from day one. There are so many problems, that have nothing to do with operator error, like the windows regulator, headlights that either don't work or flicker and a shifter lever that was made so cheaply that apparently it is just short of recall, the list goes on and on. This car had so much potential, but the shoddy (and overpaid at $75 an hour) workmanship along with inferior parts combine to outweigh any positives or potential for greatness this car had.

A Durable Powerhouse
By marty2916 on 01/09/12 13:30 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my Dodge magnum. Its roomy, versitile, fast, and it looks great. I am in the process of renovating my new house, and I have hauled everything from tools to new hardwood floor to 10' beams (And yes, I was still able to close the hatch). Even with a heavy load the rear struts never bottomed out. The car is very durable and will keep you safe in case of a collision. I was recently struck by a hit and run driver that caused me to lose control and lightly knock the front end up against the barrier. The car was still running silently, and the damage was repairable. The only 2 downsides is the weight of the car which robs a bit from the performance and the average mpg.

I think I got a lemon
By sheriday on 11/04/11 13:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In 2006, I bought my 2005 dodge magnum the first time I saw the magnum I knew that was going to be my next vehicle I would own. Well since having my magnum I have put 8 tires on it, 3 tire rod ends,and an all whell alignment cause you can't just have a front or back you have to have them all done at once, brakes for the works all around twice, and the rocker panels are held up with plastic clips that cost $5.00 per clip. The front dash rattles without the heat on. There is so much rattles in the front end. And recently I was driving down the road and it was like it went into neutral all by itself and my headlights go dim just randomly. Great car if you have lots of money for the repairs.

Me and my Magnum
By jwdugar on 10/16/11 22:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

It was love at 1st sight. If a station wagon & the bat mobile had a child it would be the Dodge Magnum. Here I am 6 years & 100k miles later and all I love is marred because the car is made w/rubber and plastic screws. I never neglected maintenance and upkeep. Now the dash vents have come "unattached" to the dash, the toggle for the navigation controls has untoggled and to fix it I have to replace the entire radio system. The front carpet detaches, the rear vent blows sometimes, the undercarriage screws, being plastic have worn out and the under carriage "plate," also made of plastic has split at the screw holes and has to be replaced. Not a good long term vehicle.

The best car I've owned
By Dusty-1 on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm approaching 140K and I've replaced the brakes and tires only once (due for both now). This car has a very smooth and quiet ride. I can only imagine that I will soon need to replace my battery, alternator, serpentine belt or something but knock on wood its been solid as a rock. I've traveled 2600 miles pulling a trailer with two ATV's and multiple other long distance vacations and have had great luck. I will drive this one until it dies. If you change your oil and fluids regularly you should have no problems. My engine does not burn any oil and does not have any leaks to this point.

Love it
By Tracy on 08/04/10 08:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT AWD 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased car it had under 8K miles. I love the hemi engine and almost everything about the car. I do not like Continental tires. I also did not like the difficulty of locating part for awd. Other than that I love my car. I will buy another