2005 Dodge Magnum - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:
5th and LAST Chrysler Corp. product
By brass2 on 03/15/12 16:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Initially, I loved this car but honestly how many of all the cars that have ever been made are terrible from day one. There are so many problems, that have nothing to do with operator error, like the windows regulator, headlights that either don't work or flicker and a shifter lever that was made so cheaply that apparently it is just short of recall, the list goes on and on. This car had so much potential, but the shoddy (and overpaid at $75 an hour) workmanship along with inferior parts combine to outweigh any positives or potential for greatness this car had.

Me and my Magnum
By jwdugar on 10/16/11 22:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

It was love at 1st sight. If a station wagon & the bat mobile had a child it would be the Dodge Magnum. Here I am 6 years & 100k miles later and all I love is marred because the car is made w/rubber and plastic screws. I never neglected maintenance and upkeep. Now the dash vents have come "unattached" to the dash, the toggle for the navigation controls has untoggled and to fix it I have to replace the entire radio system. The front carpet detaches, the rear vent blows sometimes, the undercarriage screws, being plastic have worn out and the under carriage "plate," also made of plastic has split at the screw holes and has to be replaced. Not a good long term vehicle.

I love my Magnum
By donnakay on 07/06/10 21:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Grandma, me, had to have the Hemi. I was a little apprehensive at first. I have not had one problem with the 5 year old car. Lots of Power, looks sharp, handles well, doesn't overheat like my Camaro did. A/C is cold, power windows work well and don't leak. Very comfortable family car. I have driven it to Idaho twice now. 11 hour trip each way. No problems. I would definitely buy again.

Magnum RT - - Almost perfect
By Rex on 04/27/10 22:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased Nov. 2004 -- the only car I have ever bought new off the lot. The car would be perfect if not for the slush-box tranny. Factory Contis were junk -- 13K miles. Replaced with Goodyear Assurance which are nearing their end at 40K mi. Have Michelin replacements. Issues: front-end clunk at steering extreme limits (I avoid cranking to the limits), alignment twice, popping noise in dash, unreliable rear window regulator, noisy power steering pump (even after replacement). I gather front-end issues are common. Overall, I have been pleased, but really wish there had been a manual tranny option.

Mixed bad
By overland on 04/03/10 14:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Good power and looks with adequate cargo room. Better than expected fuel mileage - 27 highway and 19 highway city. Several annoying electrical problems - rear windows failed intermittently, wipers had glitches, and constant dash rattles that started at 20k miles. Handling is so so for a big and heavy car - no corner carver. Bland but functional interior.

Hard to justify trading it in
By veblenesque on 01/31/10 09:16 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I normally keep new cars for about 3 years, and I'm pushing 3.5 on my Magnum RT. However, nothing new I test drive measures up to this car. First, the Mercedes E-class chassis means the car has an excellent combination of performance and comfort (not a typical muscle car). The engine is as strong now as the day I bought it, with surprising torque that makes it feel faster than smaller V8s (Audi S4, Mustang etc.). Has had no problems other than poor stock tires and rotors, and feels solidly built. I'd highly recommend it as a used car since values have dropped - they will likely depreciate little if you buy one now. If you test drive one, you will buy it.

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
By B.Wilcox on 09/23/09 14:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Overall its been a good car for me. Does not do well in the snow, I park the car in the winter and drive an suv. I love the sporty and strong look of the car. Although it may not look like it from the outside the back seat is very comfortable and has plenty of room.

Great looking, fast, fun and comfortable
By noj on 09/02/09 18:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Magnum is an relatively amazing. It does haul, stuff inside, trailers, and ... It gets great gas mileage, 18 city/24 hwy MPG, for such a big vehicle with so much horsepower. You can take it to the drag strip and run the 1/4 mile anywhere from just under 14 to 14.3 at around 97 MPH stock or run it on a road course. 4 people can easily ride comfortably, 5 if needed. People frequently compliment the car when I am out.

Nice
By Rocked on 08/13/09 12:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great Car. Bought new in '05 and have had no problems. Outstanding performance with 340 HP and 390 tourque. Car still gets attention and favorable comments. Most surprising is gas mileage with MDS. Average MPG for life of vehicle is 20+.

This is not your family wagon
By pfeiffer on 07/24/09 09:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased the Magnum with 1500 miles on the odo. It is loaded. Tarted the boring dash up a bit and put a K7N air intake on it. I have thoroughly enjoyed the car. It drives great accelerates like mad and sounds like and old school muscle car. Only two issues sent it to the shop: rear hatch struts failed and the sat/nav joystick went dead. Minor issues that were replaced under warranty. My dealer, New Century Dodge in Paola, KS, is the best. Only two complaints: The stock tires (Continentals) were terrible. lated 10,00 miles. Class Action suit pending. Sice Crysler tanked, my resale value took a dive. I'm glad I don't want to sell it. Too bad they pulled the plug on this car. It's Classic.