2015 Dodge Journey SUV Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Dodge Journey SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Great at first, but within a nightmare ensued
By M. Hamlin

2015 Dodge Journey SUV Crossroad 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad in August 2015. By August 29, 2016 it has been worked on six different times. We have had to have the stereo system/Sirius XM replaced twice. A few times the SUV would not start and when it did start the display lights would not come on. The check engine light has popped on so many times I have lost count and when we went to go get it checked out it mysteriously goes away. Most of the time when the check engine light comes on it is the fuel cap sensor. We shut it very tight but the mechanic at the dealership says he sees it often with the Journeys and all we have to do is go to him to turn it off. That is very inconvenient being a military family and moving soon. Today, on 8/29/16 the code that popped up says the the crank angle sensor has an issue, with it not wanting to turn on lately that makes a lot of sense. The inside is what drew us in. The sleek outside and the comfortable inside with Bluetooth, XM, and A/C throughout the car it was an awesome buy, or so we thought. We traded our 2013 Honda Odyssey in and it was the worst mistake we made. We are now looking into getting a different car only to realize the trade-in value plummeted so quickly and although the dealership agrees we have had numerous problems for a new car, they refuse to do anything about it except keep giving us the run around about why it has so many issues.

Typical Dodge
By Gusthecarman

2015 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The interior was interesting on first glance, like a space shuttle of sorts, with odd buttons and cool features. I had high expectations for this car, upon further inspection it was your average, cheap, plastic dodge. The display was cool, however it lacked common sense. It was hard to navigate through the options, and had a very messy set up. As for the drivetrain, It was absolutely gutless, it had weak acceleration and the transmission kept making odd noises. This car had only 500 miles on it. The traction controll serves no purpose, as it was near impossible to lose traction in the first place. The sound system was by far the highlight of this car, great bass and very clear for a stock system. Needless to say, I will never own one. This car is ideal for moms who like being late to soccer practice.

I have driven 5 of these buses
By Frank

2015 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Front seats stiff and not very comfortable, A-pillar blocks a lot of side view traffic. Large blind spots, mirrors not big enough,
Rear seat headrests block view from rear window. Car tends to pull in one direction , doesn't seem to steer straight. Transmission is poor, takes for ever for the V6 to get up to highway speeds. Engine deserves something better than the current transmission. Cheap looking plastics inside, they crack or break. Windows seem to have a lot of noise at highway speeds.
Could use better tires and better suspension too. I have had 5 of these as company vehicles since 2009. Overall design is OK but can't understand why Fiat can't fix these same old issues.

luvinflorida
By Karen

2015 Dodge Journey SUV Crossroad 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Dodge Journey Crossroads brand new in April 2015, I was so disappointed that it did not come with navigation or DVD player but did come with a big 8" screen...for what if you can`t watch a movie or follow navigation ?? The radio is something cheap and not a Bose. I would have also liked to have seen it come with a sunroof, this car offers nothing really for a $35,000 price tag !!!! NO WOW factor at all. I did buy the 4 cyl model which was a Big mistake as it has NO power and takes forever and a ton of gas to get up to speed. I`m waiting for the time when I can trade this SUV in as I will do it with a Smile on my face as I will Never buy another one again !!!!!!!

whiney whisltley
By Allen Esper

2015 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Diappointed gear whine/whistle noise at 65-70 mph. Like an old schoolbus. Have driven rentals before without this noise. Maybe just the late 2015's? Switched supplier? Would have otherwise been great car.
Update: got a case number from Chrysler, turns out it was bad transfer gears which they replaced under warranty. Sooo much better. Thank you All Star Dodge. I should have bought it from your instead of Royal Gate.