2015 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

2015 Dodge Journey

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Here in Brazil it's far the best option!
By fabianodias

2015 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We've been on vacation september last in Orlando, where we rented a Journey SXT, being a VW Jetta owner I was a litlle worried about the car's size. We liked so much that returning to Brazil we decided to invest some $$ in a RT JOURNEY V6. Here you also have the Fiat Freemont, that is the fruit of the joint venture of Dodge and Fiat, although they only sell the four cilinder engine. I test drove it and it's awfull!! In the othe hand Journey has been an excelent car, strong as hell, confortable as heaven and beautiful as our super model Gisele Bundchen :-)

Favorite Features

Beauty, style, room space, confort, amazing Pentastar 6V engine, friendly touchscreen element, storage... I mean, the car is a swiss knife.

Suggested Improvements

Could have two power seats.

Great car!
By nick4118

2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The vehicle is amazing! We were choosing between this, a Dodge Charger R/T and a Durango Limited. We loved them all so much, but we went with the journey because it was the middle size (not to big or not to small for our family) It has amazing options, plenty of room, nice features, nice look, and so much more. It looks sporty but yet nice at the same time. It is AMAZING! My sister in law has a Ford Expedition, and my other one has and Acura MDX, and they are both jealous. Everyone loves it!

Favorite Features

Love the large Screen that includes navigation, whether, Sirius XM, traffic, emergency call, Blutooth, it will tell you movie times and which theater, sporting events at which location, and more. It also includes leather interior, heated seats, rear air, third row seating, plenty of plug-in outlets, a great sound system and way more! The third row seating is low on legroom, but you can adjust the middle row in all directions for complete comfort!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I can think that need to change, it optional captain chairs for the middle row, optional heated seats for the middle row, and more leg room for the third row.

2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad
By mikey9515

2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased a 2015 Journey Crossroad AWD 6cyl. I was interested in an SUV that also featured the AWD ability as I live in an area with frequent snow fall. I was initially impressed with the response and ability of the vehicle to handle minor snow conditions, 3 inches or less. However, during a recent snowfall where 6 inches of snow fell in a relatively short period of time, the vehicle turn out to be less than sufficient. The combination of AWD, Electronic Stability, and Braking brought the car to an almost standstill. I had to get hard on the gas to make any progress, and when I switched off stability control, the tires just spun, first front then back and vice versa, terrible.

Favorite Features

8.4 screen is great, with easy to understand and use functions. I like the GPS turn by turn info transmitted to the driver display. The zoned heat and a/c are also great features, along with heated seats and steering wheel. The ability to program on these features with the remote start makes for a warm morning commute, even when temps are below zero.

Suggested Improvements

Develop dedicated four wheel drive system, as an option. Also, the standard headlights are obsolete as compared to other Dodge/Chrysler vehicles. Upgrade to newer projection type and LED lighting. Finally, remote tailgate function would be great.

2015 Journey Crossroad
By dunbarre

2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Our recent purchase was after much research. I admit being a Mopar fan, I lean towards Dodge but try to keep an objective outlook. With just 1000 miles, the 3.6L, V6 AWD is giving 20-21 MPG around town here which is a pleasant surprise. The average MPG bar display keeps me conscientious of my driving habits. The seats are comfortable and there is plenty of room for my 6' frame. I like the size of the Crossroad with the 3rd row seating, the storage, the adjustable telescoping steering column and front and rear climate controls as well as the key-less entry and starting. The entertainment and sound system other controls are easily accessible and I find them intuitive to operate.

Favorite Features

My favorite features on the Crossroad so far is the value. I find there is more than enough room to enter and exit, adjustments in the drivers as well as passenger seats and lots of storage for our needs, especially under the passenger seat, under the second row seating floor, and under the rear deck, which keeps things out of sight and out of the way.

Suggested Improvements

My only disappointment is the Uconnect 8.4. Why the decision to install a system that lacks navigation is a total screwup. What were they thinking?

Just check it out for yourself...a pleasant surprise
By ek900

2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We went into 3-row crossover shopping with the Journey not on the list, and ended up liking it so much we special ordered! We test drove the Hyundai Santa Fe, Buick Enclave, Mazda Cx9, and Nissan Pathfinder, but we really liked the packaging of the Journey a lot better. We got a Crossroad model, FWD, with the V6, and I would recommend it. What sold us on the Journey was simply how much better the interior was packaged for us. It's got plenty of room without being as big as some others. The seats are very comfortable and there is storage everywhere. Plus, we got the integrated booster seats, and they are so well-designed it is amazing to me they aren't available on other SUVs.

Favorite Features

- Tremendously useful interior - Integrated child booster seats - Very easy-to-use screen and UConnect - Good ride and handling balance

Suggested Improvements

- Would have preferred one touch up and down windows as opposed to down only.