2015 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad
By mikey9515

2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased a 2015 Journey Crossroad AWD 6cyl. I was interested in an SUV that also featured the AWD ability as I live in an area with frequent snow fall. I was initially impressed with the response and ability of the vehicle to handle minor snow conditions, 3 inches or less. However, during a recent snowfall where 6 inches of snow fell in a relatively short period of time, the vehicle turn out to be less than sufficient. The combination of AWD, Electronic Stability, and Braking brought the car to an almost standstill. I had to get hard on the gas to make any progress, and when I switched off stability control, the tires just spun, first front then back and vice versa, terrible.

Favorite Features

8.4 screen is great, with easy to understand and use functions. I like the GPS turn by turn info transmitted to the driver display. The zoned heat and a/c are also great features, along with heated seats and steering wheel. The ability to program on these features with the remote start makes for a warm morning commute, even when temps are below zero.

Suggested Improvements

Develop dedicated four wheel drive system, as an option. Also, the standard headlights are obsolete as compared to other Dodge/Chrysler vehicles. Upgrade to newer projection type and LED lighting. Finally, remote tailgate function would be great.

2015 Journey Crossroad
By dunbarre

2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Our recent purchase was after much research. I admit being a Mopar fan, I lean towards Dodge but try to keep an objective outlook. With just 1000 miles, the 3.6L, V6 AWD is giving 20-21 MPG around town here which is a pleasant surprise. The average MPG bar display keeps me conscientious of my driving habits. The seats are comfortable and there is plenty of room for my 6' frame. I like the size of the Crossroad with the 3rd row seating, the storage, the adjustable telescoping steering column and front and rear climate controls as well as the key-less entry and starting. The entertainment and sound system other controls are easily accessible and I find them intuitive to operate.

Favorite Features

My favorite features on the Crossroad so far is the value. I find there is more than enough room to enter and exit, adjustments in the drivers as well as passenger seats and lots of storage for our needs, especially under the passenger seat, under the second row seating floor, and under the rear deck, which keeps things out of sight and out of the way.

Suggested Improvements

My only disappointment is the Uconnect 8.4. Why the decision to install a system that lacks navigation is a total screwup. What were they thinking?

Just check it out for yourself...a pleasant surprise
By ek900

2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We went into 3-row crossover shopping with the Journey not on the list, and ended up liking it so much we special ordered! We test drove the Hyundai Santa Fe, Buick Enclave, Mazda Cx9, and Nissan Pathfinder, but we really liked the packaging of the Journey a lot better. We got a Crossroad model, FWD, with the V6, and I would recommend it. What sold us on the Journey was simply how much better the interior was packaged for us. It's got plenty of room without being as big as some others. The seats are very comfortable and there is storage everywhere. Plus, we got the integrated booster seats, and they are so well-designed it is amazing to me they aren't available on other SUVs.

Favorite Features

- Tremendously useful interior - Integrated child booster seats - Very easy-to-use screen and UConnect - Good ride and handling balance

Suggested Improvements

- Would have preferred one touch up and down windows as opposed to down only.

Very happy
By chines1

2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

What is Edmunds on? I guess if it's not Toyota or Honda they have nothing nice to say. I've had it for a month now with almost 1500 miles on it and I love it. I do have the 6 cyl and find the go to be more than adequate. No issues with acceleration or braking in the least. Handling is excellent and responsive. I love this car. Great size, great price, great features. I currently have ZERO complaints on this car. With mixed driving that leans a bit more towards city, I'm easily getting 20 MPG and I'm a fairly aggressive driver. (Seriously, I have enjoyed the heck out of the 6 cyl in this car) I suspect a nice MPG on longer trips.

Favorite Features

The Alpine stereo system sounds wonderful and the interface is good. It takes a minute to figure out the layout and how to navigate but if you play with it it's not complicated. As previously mentioned, I rather enjoy the excellent acceleration. Very smooth without jerking (My Compass had a hard time with a smooth start from a full stop) with comfortable braking. Layout is great and everything is within reach. While not huge, the extra storage both behind the front row of seats and in the passenger seat is handy and has helped me clean out my car.

Suggested Improvements

The way the second and third rows lay flat, there are some gaps. When you're hauling dogs around, this can present issues. I would have preferred something without any gaps so dog feet can't go thru and potentially get hurt. I am also having one heck of a time programming my HomeLink. I have a Stanley opener and thus far programming efforts have not worked and HomeLink has not been helpful. Quite frustrating as I paid for the feature. Also, as usual, simple storage options are minimal. A small space under the dash that's not in easy reach and the center console which of course requires lifting it up. Neither is terribly handy as a driver. I do wish this had a full sized spare.

You won't find a better car for the money!
By 1wickedwarlock

2015 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Okay... I'm all about being fair in life... And Edmunds review of this car is WAY off... I've owned a 2012 Dodge journey for going on 3 years now. And to date.. I have not regretted my purchase once.. That's not to say there are not things I would change about the car. But for them to say the 3.6 six in this car is under powered?.. Is just plain b.s.. And I have the 2012(283hp).. The 2015 has gotten a boost to 295hp. Ok.. This is not a race car.. And I don't treat it as such. But I am being honest here when I say I have on more than one occasion got on it at a red light and left other(some far sportier) cars in my dust... And it was not for lack of them trying. This car MOVES!!!

Favorite Features

Space. My last car was a xlt Explorer.. And I loved it. But it had terminal trans problems that Ford could just not figure out.. So I moved over to the Journey.. And I have not felt cramped in it at all.. Do I miss the off road durability of the Ford??? Ya!! Enough to regret buying my Journey? NO! I have 4 kids.. And the Journey suits us well. My oldest who is a 14 year old boy that's 5'5" and 135 lbs. Sits in the 3rd row all the time. As long as you don't slide the middle seat all the way back. He fits just fine. Power... The motor in this car is strong.. It pulls hard all the way through to the upper rev limit. The refinement in the car is above average. Storage bins rock!

Suggested Improvements

What would I change? The brakes.. They are weak.. And even know they are ceramic. They dust bad. I have the 19" wheels and they are constantly needing to be cleaned. The paint... I paid $600 extra for the tri coat pearl red. It chips VERY easily! I have a bug deflector and My good is still covered with rock chips. So are the sides.. DON'T BUY THE RED! all in all. It's a great car. I have had zero problems and I enjoy diving it every single day. Take one for a test drive and see what I mean. It's not perfect.. But it is a solid car for the money.