Used 2013 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

TOO many problems
By James Robert-Massaro

2013 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

From the first day I have had problems in and out of service radio,alarm,remote start,and the TRANSMISSON has never worked right bangs, shifts terrible awd does not work right and what do you say when all you hear is the comp.doesn't show anything even though I have driven this car for 36,000 miles wish me luck filed lemon law and there willing to hear me maybe someone will listen

GET ANOTHER CAR

2013 3.6 L Dodge Journey SXT - about 28,000 km.
By 4_ur_info

2013 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

On June 1, 2014, was getting off a highway onto a ramp, stepped on brakes to slow down to ramp speed limit and then the brakes locked suddenly, and the vehicle came to an abrupt halt with the ignition still running. As expected everyone in the vehicle lurched forward. What a major scare! Have not had another incident since then. Have limited confidence in the vehicle now and am not willing to take it on long distance trips.

Postage stamp sized rear view
By kovertoom

2013 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought the Dodge Journey because it was a great value, it was big enough for our family of six and it got better gas mileage than a mini van. The seats are very versatile, but with all seats up, the car's blind spot doubles. The rear-most seats combined with the middle seat, block more than half of the rear window and all of the side windows. And the middle seats are difficult to return to an upright position when someone has to get out from the back. The stow bins are so shallow and small that they are practically worthless. The car seats are not the most comfortable, mainly because the headrests are too far forward.

How easily the car seats are flipped down for more storage. The middle and rear seats are divided into four sections. Gas mileage is great. The viewing screen which can show speed or gas mileage is nice and big. The radio is very easy to use and has many pre-set buttons.

When the middle seats are pushed forward to allow people in the back to get out, they are very difficult to return to an upright position. It is very difficult to see the traffic behind you and extra care should be taken before changing lanes or backing out. I almost need to open the window and stick my head out of it to back out of a parking spot to avoid running into cars. The car seats headrests are too far forward for comfort without reclining the seat more than I generally like. The brakes are *extremely* grabby and difficult to modulate. My kids have been complaining more of problems with car sickness since buying this vehicle.

Value olus bells & whistles
By janner1001

2013 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I decided to get down to 1 vehicle. Got rid of a 2012 Malibu fully loaded and a 2006 Honda Element AWD. I wanted all the comforts of the Malibu and the space and AWD of the Honda. I narrowed down between Edge and Journey. For the price (and I get supplier discount for either), the Journey gave me more bang for the buck. dealer gave me a heck of a deal on a new Black version. Not a fan until I had them paint the calipers red. Only issue was the brake switch went out on a rear taillight. It stayed on or came on for no reason. It has done well this winter. I have been very satisfied as a driver. Passengers are not as comfortable in the front passenger seat.

AWD is a plus. The 6 cylinder is great on the highway.

Passenger seat needs to be tweaked.

Great fit for us
By tshoe

2013 Dodge Journey Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our Journey for 1 year now and it is perfect for us. Compared to Terrain and Sante Fe and Rav4 when we were shopping new and used. This size (need to fit 2 vehicles in 2 car garage), options and value were our reasons we bought it new. $7000 off MSRP! Rides smooth, accelerates quickly although transmission can be clunky and/or unsure of it self at times. Gas Mileage is as advertised 16-17 city, 23-24 Hwy. Wife loves deep red metalic color.

Ours if fully loaded and we love the leather, heated steering wheel/seats, Nav, backup camera and remote start. Small 3rd row is good for nieces and other small children. Lots of storage cubbys even under floor.

Smooth our shifting of transmission, gas mileage, update outside to look more like a 7/8ths size Durango?