UPSET!!!!
By atsieb on
2012 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I purchased a 2012 Dodge Journey SXT. I drove it off the lot with 200 miles on the odometer. At 1600 miles the transmission began to shutter! I took it to the dealership and the computer was flashed. This did NOT help. We have set up a case with Chrysler, but have been told that the shuttering is a characteristic of the vehicle per Chryslers engineering dept. WHAT! This is the stupidest thing that I have ever heard. IF that was the case then WHY did it not show up until 1600 miles. I am so unhappy and disappointed with Chrysler and this Journey. Chrysler has put all of their dealerships in a very bad position. With Chrysler not acknowledging that there is an issue with the 3.6 liter engines.
Suggested Improvements
Chrysler need to either take back my 2012 Journey SXT 3.6 Liter or FIX IT!!!!!!! I feel like a victim of Chrysler!!!!!
By rgarris
on 02/18/13 16:17 PM (PST)

I have a 2013 Journey having shifting problems. Taken to dealer - no help. Was told it was not showing a code at this time and even though they were familiar with the problem there was nothing that could be done. I am wondering what the outcome for some of the earlier cases reported on this site has been - particularly the case filed with the attorney generals office.

By pivers
on 09/26/12 11:18 AM (PDT)

I also own a 2012 Journey. At 9,000 miles the dealership at first told me they couldn't find anything wrong. But after being very demanding, they checked the transmission fluid. They found metal shavings. They had to order 3 different sets of gears/bearings to find a set that would align properly. My vehicle has been back to the dealer 3 times with electrical issues. It is at the dealership right now because the climate control button changes my radio station. I too have sent a certified letter to Dodge, emailed and called them. I am waiting for a response. My next step is to file on the Lemon Law in Texas.

By ia34997
on 10/23/12 13:26 PM (PDT)

I Have a 2012 v6 journey and have taken the car in 3 times to the dealer in 3 months. i bought it with 62 miles and it stated acting up right away. The car shifts weird sometimes while driving but its gotten worse now usually in the Am after sitting all night or anytime that has set for a while when i turn it on and put it in drive i feel the shirter is hard to shift into gear once i drive off it wont change gears the RPM goes to 6and 7 if i push on the gas. i have to pull over and turn the vehicle off and restart it then it works fine. i am having to do this all the time. i feel its unsafe since you just cant stop in the middle of the road and turn the car off. the dealer says theres nothing showing a problem and theres nothing more they can do.

By azme44
on 09/26/12 09:39 AM (PDT)

I have the exact same problem with mine!!! Something has to be done!!!! This is ridiculous!!!!!

By azme44
on 09/26/12 09:44 AM (PDT)

I have filed a case with the Attorney General's Office. I think we should ALL file a case!!!