Best Blend of Performance and Size
By lightaddict08 on
2012 Dodge Journey Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
2012 3.6L Crew AWD w/Heated Seats. Although I do work for Chrysler I found the Journey to be the best choice for my lifestyle. As a young adult I was looking for something sporty, but cargo space was a must after my previous coupe. Looking for a blend of fuel economy, performance, and interior space the 3.6L AWD Journey fit the bill perfectly. Coming from a 5.7L F-Body I was very pleased with the acceleration and handling the Journey offered with much better fuel economy. Additionally I am now able to fit a whole bedroom furniture set in the back. The dynamics of the vehicle hold the tires firm to the ground even in the tightest turns. Overall I am very pleased with the vehicle.
Favorite Features
The customization of the vehicle in regards to the controls is extremely nice. Customizing how long the radio stays on after key-off, the headlights auto-on with wipers, and the automatic heated seat on startup under 40 Deg F are a few of the many customizations you can program using the 8.4" radio screen. The 3.6L engine puts out plenty of torque, enough to make certain you can merge onto the freeway, yet efficient enough to get nearly 26mpg highway. The storage options are amazing through the Journey including under-seat front passengers pocket, two coolers mounted at the foot of the middle seats, and the folding front passenger and middle row seats. I opted out of the rear seating.
Suggested Improvements
The only suggestion I have for improvement is the vehicle vibration during acceleration. After researching I have found this to be the torque converter lockup. The previous improvements of the interior have had great success in my eyes: very user friendly and luxurious.